Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Next Manager?

MrBlueGuy
Followers 12

12 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

On the other hand, does it really matter who will be our manager? we will fire him after 2 seasons...

So you'd prefer us to be managerless?

• Like 4
  • Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It depends on what are you looking.Do you want a top manager with charisma and enormous technical capabilities then the choice is Antonio Conte if you want a avarage/good manager but very lucky then t

hi from a Napoli supporter   i'm very sad for the loosing of Sarri, he is a real football Maestro, I saw the best Napoli in 90 years of history of the club, better than Maradona's Napoli, with a decen

I read the news here in Italy where it seems that Conte will become the next coach of Chelsea .... by Juventus fan ... and one that literally he loved juventus.of Conte ... if Antonio arrives at chels

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Fuck Conte off and bring Koeman. The job he's done at Southampton speaks volumes about him as a coach, not only that but he isn't scared to introduce the young lads, which is what we all want right?

You want Koeman over Conte,WTF.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Fuck Conte off and bring Koeman. The job he's done at Southampton speaks volumes about him as a coach, not only that but he isn't scared to introduce the young lads, which is what we all want right?

simeone not afraid to play the young lads it was him who introduce Giménez, Saúl to A.Madird and a young Courtois play under him aswell

• Like 1

So long as he's backed in the market and the club do everything they possibly can to convince Hazard of the project and make him want to stay then I'm 100% behind Conte. Assuming we keep hold of all of our key players (Hazard, Costa, Courtois, Willian) then we have one hell of a solid foundation for a new manager to spruce up with new signings and stamp his signature on.

Would still prefer Simeone, though. More of a sure thing.

• Like 1

Abramovich travelled to Holland on Wednesday for #Atletico's Champions League match against PSV, where he met with Simeone. #CFC (Gazzetta)

But former Juventus coach Antonio Conte remains in pole position to complete the move as he’s already arranged a deal. #CFC (Gazzetta)

On 23/02/2016 at 5:46 PM, Blue Colored Sky said:

Ranieri couldn't even do it in Italy or in Spain, or even with Greece against Faroe Islands (twice). Pochettino was sacked from Espanyol after they were at the bottom of the league. Now they are 1st and 2nd in England!

Then he's doomed isn't he? :lol: 

You just described one-country-tricks

It's just hard to get excited about any potential manager these days.

Anyone getting bored of this merry go round? Same justifications, same visions, same expectations... Same vilifications, same impatience, same fickleness.

Meh, I don't care any more.

Hire Benitez, Allerdyce and Rogers. Same shit, different day.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Pizy said:

So long as he's backed in the market and the club do everything they possibly can to convince Hazard of the project and make him want to stay then I'm 100% behind Conte. Assuming we keep hold of all of our key players (Hazard, Costa, Courtois, Willian) then we have one hell of a solid foundation for a new manager to spruce up with new signings and stamp his signature on.

Would still prefer Simeone, though. More of a sure thing.

I believe Hazard will leave this summer no matter what the club do.  As long as the money from his sale is ploughed into a top quality replacement or a rising star, I am fine with it.  On top of it, that quoted 130 million pound figure should not be made up partially by any Hazard sale.  Anything less than 3 top quality players bought in the summer will enrage me. If we end up as he biggest net spender in Europe this summer, that's even better since its high time we behaved like a big club with our investments.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, bellion said:

I believe Hazard will leave this summer no matter what the club do.  As long as the money from his sale is ploughed into a top quality replacement or a rising star, I am fine with it.  On top of it, that quoted 130 million pound figure should not be made up partially by any Hazard sale.  Anything less than 3 top quality players bought in the summer will enrage me. If we end up as he biggest net spender in Europe this summer, that's even better since its high time we behaved like a big club with our investments.

I agree. This should be our highest spending summer ever in my opinion. It has to be if we want to ensure we get back in to the CL straight away. I also unfortunately think Hazard will be off. So long as we get someone like Reus who's nearly at Hazard's level or maybe try to get one of Real Madrid's players I think we'll be fine without him. We need someone who can put up similar numbers and maybe score more goals than Hazard has.

We sell Hazard and bring in someone not near his level and it'll be a long season. The huge money we'd get will mean nothing if it's flushed down the toilet on mediocrity.

4 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Fucking somebody off before he's even come here... We are not in a privileged situation to choose whoever we want. If we get Conte, then it means he is the best we can get simple as that. I personally don't mind any mentioned candidates bar Pellegrini, but I don't think he was ever a serious candidate over the others. Conte has a track record of rejuvenating struggling sides, I can bet it's one of his biggest selling points to the board. Once we are settled and not in a clusterfuck like now, then we can take risks with the likes of Koeman.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

Anyone getting bored of this merry go round? Same justifications, same visions, same expectations... Same vilifications, same impatience, same fickleness.

Yep. I just can't get invested in this managerial malarkey anymore. Rinse and repeat every 6 months. Ditto with the whole youth debate.

Jaded.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LDN Blue said:

Are you basing this because we sack Mourinho?

Must I point to you that we didn't want to sack Mourinho. We had no choice but to let him go because of the position we was and he lost the dressing room.

As long as any new manager don't have a worse season then what Mourinho showed us this season then he will be good.

We will go the Wenger approach, as long as we finish top 4 we are good.

• Like 2

Are you basing this because we sack Mourinho?

Must I point to you that we didn't want to sack Mourinho. We had no choice but to let him go because of the position we was and he lost the dressing room.

As long as any new manager don't have a worse season then what Mourinho showed us this season then he will be good.

We will go the Wenger approach, as long as we finish top 4 we are good.

I agree with you for one season.

In the second season the team has to win something, otherwise the coach will be out of work, imo.

The problem is that the board doesn't want to spend much money anymore,

at least that's my impression.

Therefore i agree with Jose who said that it's nearly impossible to

maintain long-term success under those conditions.

But we'll see!

• Like 4

I basically agree with you and thats what scares me. It seems that over the past couple of transfer windows Romans given orders down to Emanalo and Grav to lock up the money. Theres no other reason why Mou wouldnt have been building up the team he obviously would have wanted to do. A question rises whether roman had told that to Mou before he signed his contract. BUT that situation is still the same so whoever takes over should by  rights not have any money to spend neither. So if this report of a £130 mill war chest is right then thats what pisses me off because IF Mou was given it we wouldnt be in the shite we are now!

• Like 4

i bet conte would spend the money better. why would you give that money to jose? he already stripped the team of talent and can't see beyond the season at hand. rather trust someone like conte, who has proven he can work on a small budget, and knows a particular market very well.

• Jase locked this topic
  • Jase unlocked this topic