Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Next Manager?

MrBlueGuy
Followers 12

Massive risk for both the club and Lampard, but better Lampard than anyone else. 

You just have to read an analysis of Lampard's football at Derby. Almost identical to Sarri's. Keep the progressive football moving at this club. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It depends on what are you looking.Do you want a top manager with charisma and enormous technical capabilities then the choice is Antonio Conte if you want a avarage/good manager but very lucky then t

hi from a Napoli supporter   i'm very sad for the loosing of Sarri, he is a real football Maestro, I saw the best Napoli in 90 years of history of the club, better than Maradona's Napoli, with a decen

I read the news here in Italy where it seems that Conte will become the next coach of Chelsea .... by Juventus fan ... and one that literally he loved juventus.of Conte ... if Antonio arrives at chels

Posted Images

I hope the same people that favours the youth to have a big impact coming season also accepts a 6-10th place because that's where we heading at with this squad + youth integration. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

I hope the same people that favours the youth to have a big impact coming season also accepts a 6-10th place because that's where we heading at with this squad + youth integration. 

We are crap anyway you look. CL and title are way off. So at least we can make the most of it and develop youth. 

I rather see some future planning and then rip the rewards compared to grinding top 4 year after year with zero optimism.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Costa19 said:

The alternative right now is playing Alonso, Willian, Pedro, Giroud

Derby will demand £4m if Chelsea try to make Frank Lampard to be their new manager, Sky Sports News understands, due to a clause in his contract at Pride Park.

Chelsea are yet to make a formal approach, but Derby are bracing themselves now an agreement has been reached for Maurizio Sarri to take over at Juventus.

Under the terms of his deal, any club wishing to take him is required to pay £3.5m in compensation to Derby - that figure rises to £4m if the buying club is playing Champions League football - as Chelsea will next season.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Lampard, Jody Morris...maybe even Drogba if he's interested in helping out with coaching.

If we're really going to rely on the youth as the case seems for next season then let's do that

I personally believe Drogba's skill set lies as a club ambassador promoting the club in events around the world.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

I think Jorginho is a dream player for almost any manager. People seriously underestimate him and think he is some one trick pony who can only play well under Sarri's specific tactics. Pep adores him, Mourinho recently called him the best midfielder in the world etc. I don't think there's a manager in the world who would look at our current squad and even think about putting Jorginho on the bench. Most likely, however, many managers would play him in a pivot next to Kante rather than as lone DM as Sarri is doing. I expect Lampard to set up this team in 4-2-3-1 as well.

This notion that Jorginho would fall apart outside of Sarriball is the laziest myth I've ever heard.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Massive risk for both the club and Lampard, but better Lampard than anyone else. 

You just have to read an analysis of Lampard's football at Derby. Almost identical to Sarri's. Keep the progressive football moving at this club. 

Yup it has been just as dull tbf. Solid but neither spectacular in front of goal nor overly stable in defence. His tactical concepts really are not mature yet and I doubt that the feelgood factor alone will carry us through the season. I am also not sure if Lamps is a feelgood-type manager. He is a genuine, smart, calm and introverted guy. Not a cheerful character like Conte or Ancelotti who focus on keeping a good atmosphere. What he has going on for him is the massive respect from anyone in the club. But as long as this is not backed up by tactics it will not be enough. Whoever becomes manager is set up to fail. I dont want it to be Lamps.

• Like 1

If lampard does take over it will be interesting to see where he will put jorginho in the line up if he plays the 4-3-3 formation

2 minutes ago, the wes said:

If lampard does take over it will be interesting to see where he will put jorginho in the line up if he plays the 4-3-3 formation

I think we will play 4-2-3-1 with Jorginho-Kante double pivot.

Azpi-- Luiz--Rüdi--Emerson

--------Kante---Jorginho------

Pulisic------RLC------CHO----

-------------Giroud----------------

with everyone fit. A bit of a meh side. would be more interesting with Reece james for Azpi and Tammy for Giroud but quality stay same. Maybe some returning loanees can make an impresion. The new manager for sure has a huge roster to pick from

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

I think we will play 4-2-3-1 with Jorginho-Kante double pivot.

Azpi-- Luiz--Rüdi--Emerson

--------Kante---Jorginho------

Pulisic------RLC------CHO----

-------------Giroud----------------

with everyone fit. A bit of a meh side. would be more interesting with Reece james for Azpi and Tammy for Giroud but quality stay same. Maybe some returning loanees can make an impresion. The new manager for sure has a huge roster to pick from

Watch this forum go into melted down if Alonso is lamps regular left back they will be calling for lamps head 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, the wes said:

Watch this forum go into melted down if Alonso is lamps regular left back they will be calling for lamps head 

If Emerson is doing good then he wont utilize him, not unless its 343 where he shines or used to anyway.

• Like 1
  • Jas locked this topic
  • Jas unlocked this topic