Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Next Manager?

MrBlueGuy
Followers 12

El Pais the most reputable Spanish outlet, basically their BBC/Sky Sports, published an article 2h ago saying Pep will indeed leave Bayern at the end of the season, but his destination is unknown as he's not made a decision yet. Four teams want him - Chelsea, City, United and Paris. They say Chelsea made contact with him yesterday and Guardiola has a "blank cheque" from Abramovich on his table.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It depends on what are you looking.Do you want a top manager with charisma and enormous technical capabilities then the choice is Antonio Conte if you want a avarage/good manager but very lucky then t

hi from a Napoli supporter   i'm very sad for the loosing of Sarri, he is a real football Maestro, I saw the best Napoli in 90 years of history of the club, better than Maradona's Napoli, with a decen

I read the news here in Italy where it seems that Conte will become the next coach of Chelsea .... by Juventus fan ... and one that literally he loved juventus.of Conte ... if Antonio arrives at chels

Posted Images

El Pais the most reputable Spanish outlet, basically their BBC/Sky Sports, published an article 2h ago saying Pep will indeed leave Bayern at the end of the season, but his destination is unknown as he's not made a decision yet. Four teams want him - Chelsea, City, United and Paris. They say Chelsea made contact with him yesterday and Guardiola has a "blank cheque" from Abramovich on his table.

I read somewhere that Pep wants to manage Spanish Football on a larger scale.

Wants to be the head of Football operations, and expand his reach on a grander scale..

Something to keep in mind also.

No one thinking about Steve Holland or Rui Faria to take over? At least as an interim?

I may be mistaken, but I'm sure Faria was dismissed along with Mou. Holland remains, he'll probably take charge versus Sunderland.

Pochettino or Tuchel. Both of those names would fill me with optimism.

Poch would be great, massive fan but Levy's a cunt and would see hell freeze over first. Tuchel needs some seasons under his belt at Borussia before he's ready to step up to the next level imo.

• Like 3

No one thinking about Steve Holland or Rui Faria to take over? At least as an interim?

Holland is probably better suited to the assistant role (similar to Steve Clarke..some people are better at being the #2)

• Like 1

The issue here is that you're looking at another short-term appointment to come in and apply his style in a half-arsed way for a few seasons with some success (if the board backs him) and then be replaced by someone who will do something else.

I think the club has to have a frank discussion about what it actually wants to be and not just in the sort-term, but over the next decade and beyond. The issue there is that no-one seems to be in a position to say that to Roman who is a great man, but not the technician of a footballing dynasty.

We don't need a manager, we need an identity.

I have to disagree with you a bit on this matter. When we hire mourinho, the clubs has already set the identity. Everybody know mourinho is a defensive manager with certain way of playing and we expect him to be here for a long time.

We sold kdb, mata and schurrle and replace them with Pedro and Willian. Both are more willing runner compare the other two.

Imo you set your identity by the type of manager that you hire and by the type of player that you buy.

• Like 1
  • Jase locked this topic
  • Jase unlocked this topic