General Thread

Billy.

22 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I've been reading some of the pre/post game interviews and not sure if they are all BS ing or not but they all say they get on great together and feels like a family.

And the same goes for the yoofs.

I don't see the lads playing like a team.

It is all bullshit.

Either that or we TRULY have the worst pack of cuntish frauds in football you really dont give a fuck about the club or us punters.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 8:40 PM, Unionjack said:

Good on the girls for showing the lads how its done!!!

The Women’s FA Cup holders are into the last-eight of this season’s competition thanks to striker Bethany England’s 13th and 14th goals of the season and defender Jonna Andersson’s first – an extraordinary hit.

Chelsea: Berger, Blundell, Bright, Ingle, Carney, Ji, England, Eriksson, Andersson, Cuthbert, Spence

Subs: Lindahl, Cooper, Kirby, Carter, Asante, Riley, Bachmann

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/2/17/women-s-report--chelsea-v-arsenal-

Got the whole game here if the Facebook page is deleted!!

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42.1790-29/10000000_169056717411170_7801935850723825030_n.mp4?_nc_cat=1&efg=eyJybHIiOjk1NywicmxhIjo0MDk2LCJ2ZW5jb2RlX3RhZyI6InNkIn0%3D&rl=957&vabr=532&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=f14828a85faedf8f87d255e609083589&oe=5C6A007B

The club coach for the quarter-final trip to Durham, on Sunday 17th March, leaves Stanford Bridge at 4:30am! Guess I'm the only one here who'll be on it. Still room for more the last time I checked.

• 3 weeks later...

PSG hooligans barred from Champions League clash at Chelsea Women's ground after police find knives and drugs on coach

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/03/21/psg-hooligans-barred-champions-league-clash-chelsea-womens-ground/

Paris St Germain hooligans were barred from entering the women’s side’s Champions League quarter-final against Chelsea at Kingsmeadow after a police search revealed knives and drugs on board their coach.

Telegraph Sport understands that PSG supporters arrived at Kingsmeadow, the home of both Chelsea Women and League One side AFC Wimbledon, at 7am, asking to be let into the ground. They began to plaster the ground in stickers before damaging parts of the ground with graffiti.

Due to the lack of security at the ground compared to Stamford Bridge, the police were called and 45 of the 50 PSG fans scattered. The remaining five waited by the bus, a search of which revealed drugs and knives. It is not thought there were knuckledusters on board. No tickets were found on the bus, leading to the conclusion that these were unofficial fans.

snip

Hayes urges fans to still go to Paris for return leg of Champions League despite PSG fans having knives and knuckle dusters in their coach

https://www.capitalfootball.co.uk/single-post/2019/03/22/Hayes-urges-fans-to-still-go-to-Paris-for-return-leg-of-Champions-League-despite-PSG-fans-having-knives-and-knuckle-dusters-in-their-coach

• 3 months later...

Just seen Karen Carney on Sky Sports announcing her retirement, from football, her in tears.

So sad brought a lump to my throat, fabulous player, and person, you'll be sadly missed.

I wish you well for the future.

I hope she can get some minutes in the 3rd place playoff tomorrow, a fitting farewell.

I wonder if everyone here is aware that Chelsea Women will be playing their opening game of the Women's Super League season at Stamford Bridge against Tottenham Hotspur Women on Sunday 8th September. The men will be on an international break that weekend so, if you haven't yet experienced a live game of women's football, this is a good opportunity to take in a WSL match. What's more the tickets are free.

More details here.

Ticket update for Chelsea Women Vs Tottenham Hotspur Women at Stamford Bridge on Sunday 8th September.

Tickets are going much faster than I expected. All seats have been allocated for The Shed end, only singles remain in The Matthew Harding plus the lower tiers of both the East and West stands are also fully taken. Looks like you'll need to be quick if you want to get down there and support the female blues.

Details here, tickets here.

Further ticket update for Chelsea Women vs Tottenham Hotspur Women at Stamford Bridge on Sunday 8th September

The the club announced earlier today that all available tickets have been requested. As far as I know tickets for the two middle tiers were not made available, but every other seat in the ground has been claimed. That's more than 30,000 I reckon. Of course, when tickets are free not everyone who asks for one actually turns up. Here's hoping at least two-thirds of the people who requested a seat will use it.

• 6 months later...
45 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Announced her retirement from football. Take care Eni! 💙

Great player! One of absolute favs!

I so wish her well. She went out with a bang.

She returned to Britain in December having won Serie A, Coppa Italia and Supercoppa Italiana, as well as being Juventus' top scorer for last season.

My Dear Friend Football, Thank You

BY ENI ALUKO

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/eni-aluko-juventus-football

Dear Football,

I’m writing this letter to you because a chapter of our friendship is about to close. I have decided to retire as a professional footballer. When we first met 25 years ago, I could never have imagined the crazy, unbelievable journey you would take me on.

As you know, there were no professional female footballers back then.

And it’s hard to chase something that you can’t see.

Snip

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

My Dear Friend Football, Thank You

BY ENI ALUKO

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/eni-aluko-juventus-football

Dear Football,

I’m writing this letter to you because a chapter of our friendship is about to close. I have decided to retire as a professional footballer. When we first met 25 years ago, I could never have imagined the crazy, unbelievable journey you would take me on.

As you know, there were no professional female footballers back then.

And it’s hard to chase something that you can’t see.

Snip

Is @Mana okay? :ph34r:

• 2 months later...

New signing for the women.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/03/23/melanie-leupolz-transfer-agreed

Melanie started against us in the Champions League a couple of seasons ago. Although we eventually knocked them out, she was part of a Bayern midfield which completely outplayed ours in the first leg at Kingsmeadow. 

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...