Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Leon Bailey

Hamilton
Followers 3

5 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Meanwhile Suso and Thauvin are hardly talents anymore IMO. Neither is good enough for elite club. Thauvin is also one big cunt, I wouldnt have him anywhere near this club.

Hardy talents anymore? LOLOL They are 24 and 25, and Thauvin scored 26 goals last year as a winger, including 4 in Europe. Willian took 55 games to get half that (and that was his all-time high, ever, in 11 years of first team football) Thauvin is a vastly better player than when with the Geordies (which is whee the cunt comment comes from, no?). He is also far from my first choice on that list (Bailey, then was Malcom). We fucked up and let Malcom go to Barca for only £37m, whilst fucking about offering 70 or 80m in player plus cash for Zaha.

Like I said above, we are stuck with Willian more than likely, so I hope he comes good.

I gave up on the window about 3 days ago.

• Like 1
  • Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's just not a way you should go about judging talent...

Yeah... I wonder if you would say the same about Sterling who happened to be born in Jamaica

Decent?  That would be massive.

Posted Images

Here is a question to the forum.

Would you agree to signing Bailey for X(50-55m) money while loaning CHO to Bay Lev for the season to make up for the Leon Bailey sized hole in their lineup

In: Leon Bailey

Out: CHO + cash.

It would give CHO guaranteed heavy minutes in a great league, plus it would secure a dynamic player who is more ready to contribute for us this year. Thoughts? 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Would you agree to signing Bailey for X(50-55m) money while loaning CHO to Bay Lev for the season to make up for the Leon Bailey sized hole in their lineup

It would give CHO guaranteed heavy minutes in a great league, plus it would secure a dynamic player who is more ready to contribute for us this year. Thoughts? 

Yep.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

I would so do it, as long as CHO understood what was going on (That Bailey will be our RW for years, and he (CHO) is slotted in for LW for years to come, when Hazard leaves.)  That also depends on if Hazard renews. If he refuses, we HAVE to sell him next year or lose him on free like we probably will with Courtois.

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

Hardy talents anymore? LOLOL They are 24 and 25, and Thauvin scored 26 goals last year as a winger, including 4 in Europe. Willian took 55 games to get half that (and that was his all-time high, ever, in 11 years of first team football) Thauvin is a vastly better player than when with the Geordies (which is whee the cunt comment comes from, no?). He is also far from my first choice on that list (Bailey, then was Malcom). We fucked up and let Malcom go to Barca for only £37m, whilst fucking about offering 70 or 80m in player plus cash for Zaha.

Like I said above, we are stuck with Willian more than likely, so I hope he comes good.

I gave up on the window about 3 days ago.

I consider talent someone 23 or below. After that I expect them to start performing on regular basis, and with sort of impact. 

Suso didnt impress me. He is a player you get for your rotation. 

Thauvin? Yes he scored 26 goals, but dont let that fool you. I watch ligue 1 a lot and he isnt nowhere near the player we should be getting. Small team killer, chokes when it matters. Not to mention he has typical french mentality, full of himself and when shit hits the fan, he will let you down. He is tacticaly inept, much like Nasri, Ben Arfa or Payet to extent (but he actualy proved something in his career). Thats why I called him cunt, not because his stay in Nufc. Cabaye played for Geordies and I liked him alot. He has alot of talent, but rotten mentality. Thats why he left nufc when they were relegated only to return back to france on loan where he decided to stay permamently, despite nufc hoped to be in plans for last season. His flop in europa final is nice example.

And yes Zaha is a no go either. 

We need to find someone long term for that right wing, someone with proper mentality, and elite talent. Bailey fits that. Chiesa too, but isnt as fitting to PL as Bailey is. Every other option is second option, a quantity option instead of quality. 

Few months ago, I said I will be happy with good CM (to replace Cesc) and Bailey. Specificaly him. You dont come up to someone talented, chelsea fan, available and tailor suited to PL every year. And counter fits Hazard perfectly. Eden is playmaker, dictates play, while Bailey is direct, loves to shoot and cut in from the wing. The kid is going to be big one day. 

I know we have lost ambition, but fuck those good, but not great players, get a 5 star prospect for once.

11 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I consider talent someone 23 or below. After that I expect them to start performing on regular basis, and with sort of impact. 

Suso didnt impress me. He is a player you get for your rotation. 

Thauvin? Yes he scored 26 goals, but dont let that fool you. I watch ligue 1 a lot and he isnt nowhere near the player we should be getting. Small team killer, chokes when it matters. Not to mention he has typical french mentality, full of himself and when shit hits the fan, he will let you down. He is tacticaly inept, much like Nasri, Ben Arfa or Payet to extent (but he actualy proved something in his career). Thats why I called him cunt, not because his stay in Nufc. Cabaye played for Geordies and I liked him alot. He has alot of talent, but rotten mentality. Thats why he left nufc when they were relegated only to return back to france on loan where he decided to stay permamently, despite nufc hoped to be in plans for last season. His flop in europa final is nice example.

And yes Zaha is a no go either. 

We need to find someone long term for that right wing, someone with proper mentality, and elite talent. Bailey fits that. Chiesa too, but isnt as fitting to PL as Bailey is. Every other option is second option, a quantity option instead of quality. 

Few months ago, I said I will be happy with good CM (to replace Cesc) and Bailey. Specificaly him. You dont come up to someone talented, chelsea fan, available and tailor suited to PL every year. And counter fits Hazard perfectly. Eden is playmaker, dictates play, while Bailey is direct, loves to shoot and cut in from the wing. The kid is going to be big one day. 

I know we have lost ambition, but fuck those good, but not great players, get a 5 star prospect for once.

I will defer to you on Thauvin. He was always towards the bottom of my RW lists anyway.

Let's do Bailey! We both agree on that!

Damn board does not see the light unfortunately. Just killed me to see them turn down £65m from Barca for Willian, and then to watch them (Barca) snap up Malcom (who was my 2nd choice) for only £37m.

So frustrating. Last 2 windows have been crazy bad so far, other than Rudiger, Emerson (maybe, he so needs to have a big year) and Jorginho. Plus losing Costa, ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:(

• Like 2
On 8/1/2018 at 1:19 PM, Vesper said:

I will defer to you on Thauvin. He was always towards the bottom of my RW lists anyway.

Let's do Bailey! We both agree on that!

Damn board does not see the light unfortunately. Just killed me to see them turn down £65m from Barca for Willian, and then to watch them (Barca) snap up Malcom (who was my 2nd choice) for only £37m.

So frustrating. Last 2 windows have been crazy bad so far, other than Rudiger, Emerson (maybe, he so needs to have a big year) and Jorginho. Plus losing Costa, ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:(

Yeah, if you want to be a net spend = 0 club, you can't afford to whiff on transfers.  Last summer, we whiffed on all of them except for Rudiger.  

Nii Nii of Blue Lions TV put together a video on Bailey a few months back:

I don't know how much is true.

Yeah, if you want to be a net spend = 0 club, you can't afford to whiff on transfers.  Last summer, we whiffed on all of them except for Rudiger.  

Anything coming from that lame ass channel is garbage.
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

The guy really is a twat, Go talk to him on his Twitter page. Has more BS and excuses than Mou.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Anything coming from that lame ass channel is garbage.

Well, he was right about Sarri.  He was right that in order for us to get Sarri, it would have to involve us buying a player and overpaying for him to end the stupid game of chicken we were playing with ADL.  He was right that we were never interested in Higuain.

He was wrong in thinking that shirt sales make back some of the high transfer fees (a common myth).  I definitely don't agree with a lot of his opinions.

He's like everyone else, sometimes right, sometimes wrong.  He does seem to know more about what's going on at the club than a lot of people.  It's like any news/editorial, you take what you want.

In this case, I have no reason to not believe some of the stuff about Phoenix Academy and payments that need to be made to it and his brother that aren't part of the transfer fee.  Whether that's what is in fact, putting us off from making a deal?  Don't know.

13 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

The guy really is a twat, Go talk to him on his Twitter page. Has more BS and excuses than Mou.

Haha.  I don't talk to anyone on their twitter page.  This forum is about as far as I'll venture in to speaking to people online.  

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Haha.  I don't talk to anyone on their twitter page.  This forum is about as far as I'll venture in to speaking to people online.  

Ive not got my own (nor Facebook) but I dont mind winding peeps up on theirs!

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Well, he was right about Sarri.  He was right that in order for us to get Sarri, it would have to involve us buying a player and overpaying for him to end the stupid game of chicken we were playing with ADL.  He was right that we were never interested in Higuain.

He was wrong in thinking that shirt sales make back some of the high transfer fees (a common myth).  I definitely don't agree with a lot of his opinions.

He's like everyone else, sometimes right, sometimes wrong.  He does seem to know more about what's going on at the club than a lot of people.  It's like any news/editorial, you take what you want.

In this case, I have no reason to not believe some of the stuff about Phoenix Academy and payments that need to be made to it and his brother that aren't part of the transfer fee.  Whether that's what is in fact, putting us off from making a deal?  Don't know.

Was he? If I recall correctly he flip flopped back and forth for months. It was quite comical actually... We were interested in Higuain, Gonzalo confirmed it today. We just weren't willing to match the club's valuation of him.

He's more wrong than right. The guy used to say he has exclusive sources from a banker who opens accounts for players... hahahaha every time he dropped that he took an L.

The guy is a clown.

I'm Jamaican, the stuff on the Phoenix Academy is well out there in the media... if you do enough digging you can get some info and then deduce an opinion based on educated guessing... I assure you this is what he is doing. Chelsea don't leak info and that much has been proven.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Was he? If I recall correctly he flip flopped back and forth for months. It was quite comical actually... We were interested in Higuain, Gonzalo confirmed it today. We just weren't willing to match the club's valuation of him.

He's more wrong than right. The guy used to say he has exclusive sources from a banker who opens accounts for players... hahahaha every time he dropped that he took an L.

The guy is a clown.

I'm Jamaican, the stuff on the Phoenix Academy is well out there in the media... if you do enough digging you can get some info and then deduce an opinion based on educated guessing... I assure you this is what he is doing. Chelsea don't leak info and that much has been proven.

I don't remember him flopping back and forth.  He was pretty steady on the Sarri is coming train, when it got to the lowest point, I remember him saying that it wasn't going to happen.  He conveniently doesn't mention that often.  But, I wouldn't go so far as to say flip flopping back and forth for months.

I thought Higuain said that it was only Sarri that wanted him, but all of AC Milan did.  No?  If that's true, then it would suggest that the club weren't really that interested.  Could be wrong.

Phoenix Academy may be well reported where you're from, but I haven't seen any mention of it in any Bailey story.  I didn't know anything about the Phoenix Academy, and I kind of figured that a lot of other people wouldn't know about it either.  That's why I posted it here in the Bailey thread.

I'm not suggesting that everyone should believe in everything Nii Nii says (though I think he's better than the other Chelsea youtube channels).  I just wanted to present some more info in the Bailey thread that maybe people didn't know or just hadn't considered.

22 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I don't remember him flopping back and forth.  He was pretty steady on the Sarri is coming train, when it got to the lowest point, I remember him saying that it wasn't going to happen.  He conveniently doesn't mention that often.  But, I wouldn't go so far as to say flip flopping back and forth for months.

I thought Higuain said that it was only Sarri that wanted him, but all of AC Milan did.  No?  If that's true, then it would suggest that the club weren't really that interested.  Could be wrong.

Phoenix Academy may be well reported where you're from, but I haven't seen any mention of it in any Bailey story.  I didn't know anything about the Phoenix Academy, and I kind of figured that a lot of other people wouldn't know about it either.  That's why I posted it here in the Bailey thread.

I'm not suggesting that everyone should believe in everything Nii Nii says (though I think he's better than the other Chelsea youtube channels).  I just wanted to present some more info in the Bailey thread that maybe people didn't know or just hadn't considered.

dude... he went from Sarri, to Jardim, to Sarri, to Blanc... it was actually quite hilarious!

The club weren't interested in him at Juve's price point. That's why we didn't get him and why there was so much negotiation going on.

Dude, just go on youtube 

NiiNii is just trying to make money off the club. Its embarrassing...

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

dude... he went from Sarri, to Jardim, to Sarri, to Blanc... it was actually quite hilarious!

The club weren't interested in him at Juve's price point. That's why we didn't get him and why there was so much negotiation going on.

Dude, just go on youtube 

NiiNii is just trying to make money off the club. Its embarrassing...

When I go on youtube, Phoenix academy videos don't magically appear without searching for them.  I had never heard of them before (which makes searching for them very difficult), and I had no idea they were linked with Bailey.  I surely can't be the only one that hasn't heard of them.

I'm sorry that's the video I linked.  Maybe I should have searched them out more before hand and posted something else (or you could have to, I suppose).  

Look, all I was trying to do was give some more information to people who might be interested in the Leon Bailey thread.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

When I go on youtube, Phoenix academy videos don't magically appear without searching for them.  I had never heard of them before (which makes searching for them very difficult), and I had no idea they were linked with Bailey.  I surely can't be the only one that hasn't heard of them.

I'm sorry that's the video I linked.  Maybe I should have searched them out more before hand and posted something else (or you could have to, I suppose).  

Look, all I was trying to do was give some more information to people who might be interested in the Leon Bailey thread.

I've never heard of him pal so your not on your own 👍👍

26 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I'm not condemning you for not knowing the Phoenix academy. I'm telling you what NiiNii is passing off as insider info has been out there for years, I guess his benefit is for the casual football fan who need their info condensed to a 10min vlog? And I guess that is of value to you and others, because why else would he be charging people to ask him questions? lol.

My beef ain't with you, its with people who spread ridiculous rumours about the club AND monetize it.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I'm not condemning you for not knowing the Phoenix academy. I'm telling you what NiiNii is passing off as insider info has been out there for years, I guess his benefit is for the casual football fan who need their info condensed to a 10min vlog? And I guess that is of value to you and others, because why else would he be charging people to ask him questions? lol.

My beef ain't with you, its with people who spread ridiculous rumours about the club AND monetize it.

10 minute vlogs are awesome for me.  I spend enough time thinking about this club and the players it won't get.  Condensed info that I don't have to search out works for me.

I do find the idea of charging people to ask questions is kind of fucked.  I just pass it off as a low rent Patreon type of thing.  I also think it's weird that people pay money to Twitch streamers to watch them play FIFA.  I figured it was an age thing.  I'm old.  Paying people to watch them play video games and give their opinions about football is weird to me.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

10 minute vlogs are awesome for me.  I spend enough time thinking about this club and the players it won't get.  Condensed info that I don't have to search out works for me.

I do find the idea of charging people to ask questions is kind of fucked.  I just pass it off as a low rent Patreon type of thing.  I also think it's weird that people pay money to Twitch streamers to watch them play FIFA.  I figured it was an age thing.  I'm old.  Paying people to watch them play video games and give their opinions about football is weird to me.

Sure if thats how you go about getting your news on the club's activities then by all means... Just know that what he is telling you ain't all that insightful or truthful more often then not. 

I mean the guy has been hell bent on hammering home this idea that Cesc Fabregas isn't slow! Its so clear to anyone who watches football that Cesc is EXTREMELY slow and needs time and space to pick out passes. He also has been caught in so many lies about transfers that he's become a laughingstock. I would just watch him for the entertainment not the content.

• Jase locked and unlocked this topic