Billy.
Followers 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Thats alot of money...

He is inconsistent, poor in defence and his end product isnt the best either, but has improved.

At the very least, he is english and will provide good competition with Moses. 

But if he is the much needed upgrade, we shall see. If Conte makes him better defender, he is going to be ok, if not we will be looking for new RWB next summer.

Considering Arsenal don't defend and Conte is amongst the best defensive coaches, I'm confident Alex will improve. Especially since he has such a high work rate

I was thinking, when the papers and Sky (all Liverpool ass kissers) were saying that Liverpool were favourites over Chelsea to sign Ox:

If he moves to Liverpool instead of us I don't want him, and it's not sour grapes.  If he moves there instead of here (assuming those are the only 2 options) then he has a loser mentality.  If he doesn't want to challenge for trophies then he has no place in our squad.

If he comes here, he should know or will find out soon that he has to put in 110% or he won't see the pitch.

I hope he picks us.  Also, if we can get him, we can maybe put this Drinkwater talk to bed and go for a non-HG player in CM.  

Lots and lots of Chelsea fans on Twitter crying and saying "Liverpool are signing Keita and Lemar and we're going after Ox and Drinkwater!!1"

I feel like the expectations are way too high. If he joins, Chelsea fans should realise the club didn't sign prime Dani Alves or Carvajal.

Ox is an experiment at wingback. He possesses the physical and technical attributes for the position, but the question is if he possesses the tactical acumen and mental fortitude for the role.

He was never my favourite option for the role but I would like to see him join because I think he's a better footballer than Moses. Easily. And if he isn't good enough at wingback, he at least provides a decent back-up on the wings.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Lots and lots of Chelsea fans on Twitter crying and saying "Liverpool are signing Keita and Lemar and we're going after Ox and Drinkwater!!1"

It's not about them crying, it's expecting signings higher in quality than these two.

We are the Premier League Champions. I expected us to show a bit more ambition than filling the squad with the mediocrity with the likes of Drinkwater, Oxlade-Chamberlain, and the like. We need to improve the squad, not settle for inferior players.

I'm surprised more people aren't annoyed to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Dingus said:

It's not about them crying, it's expecting signings higher in quality than these two.

We are the Premier League Champions. I expected us to show a bit more ambition than filling the squad with the mediocrity with the likes of Drinkwater, Oxlade-Chamberlain, and the like. We need to improve the squad, not settle for inferior players.

I'm surprised more people aren't annoyed to be honest.

We have plenty of quality players in the squad. We signed Morata, Bakayoko and Rudiger. Liverpool make one top class signing every couple years, if that. Our ambitions are high. 

• Jase locked this topic
  • Jase unlocked this topic