Michael Essien

LDN Blue

And the most important thing is that he's looking to get those balls forword.

Yes, he's always looking up. And he still has those powerful driving runs through the middle. He needs game time for us. I really think he'll be good with rammy

Clearly and OG but he did very well for the goal. Granted Egypt were just terrible on the day.

Does anyone think Jose will play him from the start against Cardiff?

No, don't think so. It'll be Frank because he will likely score against teams like Cardiff and Ramires because we're just not the same without him.

Clearly and OG but he did very well for the goal. Granted Egypt were just terrible on the day.

No, don't think so. It'll be Frank because he will likely score against teams like Cardiff and Ramires because we're just not the same without him.

I get that, but he would give us the protection we have been lacking at the back and consequently he would also provide a bit more freedom for our attacking midfielders to work their magic.

I get that, but he would give us the protection we have been lacking at the back and consequently he would also provide a bit more freedom for our attacking midfielders to work their magic.

Not sure we'll need that protection against Cardiff. The thing with Essien is that he's still a decent player, but he just doesn't have something that he does better than the rest of our CMs. He's not as good as Frank at going forward and scoring, he's not as good as Mikel in the holding role and he's certainly not as good as Ramires in the box-to-box role. That's why he's been stuck on the bench.

• 2 weeks later...

Mad props to Bison Essien for his 200th Appearance as a Blue. A lil' known fact about me, #5 is my favorite Blue. I love his lung busting runs in the Midfield & how strong on the ball this guy is. It has been a pure pleasure to watch this guy suit up in Blue for us!!!

essien.jpg

Thought he did OK yesterday. Handled the midfield well but then was a bit sloppy with his passes and at times, took a tad too long to pass the ball and ended up killing the attacks we had especially on the break.

And I was thinking, if only we had Essien at his absolute best, without all those injuries hampering him, and Ramires right now. That would be absolutely crazy and great for us..

i think the occasional sloppiness was due to lack of game time more than anything.

Mad props to Bison Essien for his 200th Appearance as a Blue. A lil' known fact about me, #5 is my favorite Blue. I love his lung busting runs in the Midfield & how strong on the ball this guy is. It has been a pure pleasure to watch this guy suit up in Blue for us!!!

essien.jpg

I don't know where the "200th" appearance malarky has appeared from... last night was his 249th appearance and his 220th start...