Charlie Colkett

BlueLion.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/13/2016 at 7:53 PM, Stats said:

He is not good enough for the first team. There is a difference between playing U21 football and first team football. He would not handle the pressing side of things right now. Also he has just returned from injury not too long ago. Good prospect but again one I think will not make it. As he gets older he will be competing with much more all rounded players and that is where he will fall behind in the pecking order imo.

Well, so are oscar, pedro, cahill, ivanovic and baba. Yet we play them every game. No problem in playing one of the best academy prospects in a dead rubber.

Would love to see
Hazard - Costa -Traore

Colkett-matic-RLC

SHIT Defence

Begovic

for today's match

2 hours ago, chelseafan26 said:

Well, so are oscar, pedro, cahill, ivanovic and baba. Yet we play them every game. No problem in playing one of the best academy prospects in a dead rubber.

Would love to see
Hazard - Costa -Traore

Colkett-matic-RLC

SHIT Defence

Begovic

for today's match

Your hate for Pedro goes overboard sometimes. I am not saying he has been worth the money by any means but he has shown that he is a good squad player. 3 goals away from double figures and you have to think if the whole team was playing good, he would also show more quality. Next season under new manager and hopefully improved team, I think he can step his game up. Cahill, is not everyon'e favourite but he is a good squad player and has been a kery player for us over the years, as has Ivanovic. Baba needs time imo.

Colkett is good but I just don't rate him as one of our best academy talents. I mean in the youth set ups yeah, long run I don't think he has enough unique qualities to help him make it through. Compare him to Josh for example when Josh was here. He had very good technical qualities, like Colkett but Josh was a better dribbler and better agility. Colkett is pretty much good at dictating play and taking set peices but to make it here, he will need more than that imo. That is the stumbling block in the long run imo.

Hopefully I am proved wrong.

58 minutes ago, Stats said:

Your hate for Pedro goes overboard sometimes. I am not saying he has been worth the money by any means but he has shown that he is a good squad player. 3 goals away from double figures and you have to think if the whole team was playing good, he would also show more quality. Next season under new manager and hopefully improved team, I think he can step his game up. Cahill, is not everyon'e favourite but he is a good squad player and has been a kery player for us over the years, as has Ivanovic. Baba needs time imo.

Colkett is good but I just don't rate him as one of our best academy talents. I mean in the youth set ups yeah, long run I don't think he has enough unique qualities to help him make it through. Compare him to Josh for example when Josh was here. He had very good technical qualities, like Colkett but Josh was a better dribbler and better agility. Colkett is pretty much good at dictating play and taking set peices but to make it here, he will need more than that imo. That is the stumbling block in the long run imo.

Hopefully I am proved wrong.

I dont hate Pedro. I nothing him. Honestly. He is a bang average player (who at the likes of affelay, krick, and other barcelona rejects). They have been brought up playing one way. All throughout their formative years. Hardly a surprise that they look world beaters in Barcelona's system, but have failed immensely in any other team. Moreover, he was not brought to be a squad player. You dont spend 21 million quids on "squad players". You dont have only Hazard, Oscar and Willian as your AMs along with kenedy and traore, then buy the likes of pedro and say that he is a good squad player. His role in the squad is of a starter. And I will rate him as such. Same goes for Cahill. I am not discrediting anyone's past for us. Cahill and Ivanovic have been great members of the squad. Well so has DD and Lamps and Ash and zola and Vialli and Gullit, but just like them, they have passed their expiry dates. Iva definitely has and Cahill is a decent player and a decent defender. Not a world class player. Yes, he is a good "squad player" but for the next season, we should be looking for a massive upgrade (like Hummels) while having Zouma and Andreas. You can understand why I would not want him as a chelsea player next season. For the 4th CB spot, I would rather have JT.

Mate, Colkett has something that Josh never would. One of them is "fight", the other is a footballing IQ. Yes, he does not have a unique capability, did Super FRank have any? Does Muller? I love watching that kid play and have seen many times. If not here, he will go on to become a great football somewhere else. And by now, we all have had a mild taste of how that feels like. Wait till we have the likes of RLC, Colkett, Traore, Musonda, Boga, Silva all go on to become great players while we keep on buying mercenaries good enough to become "squad players".

9 minutes ago, chelseafan26 said:

I dont hate Pedro. I nothing him. Honestly. He is a bang average player (who at the likes of affelay, krick, and other barcelona rejects). They have been brought up playing one way. All throughout their formative years. Hardly a surprise that they look world beaters in Barcelona's system, but have failed immensely in any other team. Moreover, he was not brought to be a squad player. You dont spend 21 million quids on "squad players". You dont have only Hazard, Oscar and Willian as your AMs along with kenedy and traore, then buy the likes of pedro and say that he is a good squad player. His role in the squad is of a starter. And I will rate him as such. Same goes for Cahill. I am not discrediting anyone's past for us. Cahill and Ivanovic have been great members of the squad. Well so has DD and Lamps and Ash and zola and Vialli and Gullit, but just like them, they have passed their expiry dates. Iva definitely has and Cahill is a decent player and a decent defender. Not a world class player. Yes, he is a good "squad player" but for the next season, we should be looking for a massive upgrade (like Hummels) while having Zouma and Andreas. You can understand why I would not want him as a chelsea player next season. For the 4th CB spot, I would rather have JT.

Mate, Colkett has something that Josh never would. One of them is "fight", the other is a footballing IQ. Yes, he does not have a unique capability, did Super FRank have any? Does Muller? I love watching that kid play and have seen many times. If not here, he will go on to become a great football somewhere else. And by now, we all have had a mild taste of how that feels like. Wait till we have the likes of RLC, Colkett, Traore, Musonda, Boga, Silva all go on to become great players while we keep on buying mercenaries good enough to become "squad players".

Yeah, you have a point. I disagree regarding Pedro and Cahill though. I would defintiely have them here as squad players next season. Cahill will be, whether people like it or not and Pedro most probably too. Christensen in all likeliness is going to be at Gladbach next season then hopefully season after he comes back in our starting 11. I would like Andreas to be here next season but from what I have been reading, I don't think that will be the case and Zouma is not going to be fully ready for start of next season so I think Cahill should be kept around and I still feel he is a useful player to have.

Yeah, hopefully that 'fight' does swing into Colkett's favour but he has a long way to go to make it in to our team. Remember there are the likes of Baker who is an excellent talent as well and is more accomplished. I hope you are right about Colkett though. He stalled on signing a contract for a long while and eventually signed one during the week, so there must be some hope that he will make it here on the club's side and his perspective.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...