Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Aston Villa v Chelsea

Jas
Followers 1

Atleast City are losing. We've been really subpar... Changes are necessary.

Indeed. City losing makes me happy.

Not as happy as your old profile pic made me though.

tumblr_m9w8teUCyL1qbuwnmo2_1280.png

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tibo has been very good under the high ball all season other than a flap in the first game against Burnley and his flap last week which cost us a goal.

I think you'll find that last season a lot of people were saying Cech was being a lot more nervous under the high balls and made more mistakes than in every season he'd had for us before put together.

Tibo isn't perfect, but I challenge anyone to try jumping to catch above your head while someone runs into you, it's bloody difficult.

I suppose you (and The Skipper) are right about Cech's woes last season, but Cech in his earlier seasons made crosses look much easier to manage, especially when he was regarded the best, and our defence looked solid. He was a much younger keeper then. Courtois is at the same age, and given his experience, you'd expect him to be doing the same.

Also, if you're making it priority to catch the ball, at least call for it, so that the defender won't run into you. If it's the opposition running into the keeper, then it's obviously the defender's fault for not marking him well enough. Typical lack of communication.

It's fine bench the player you are right Skipper he's a shit player

Not saying he's a shit player but trying to justify his poor performance by saying Hazard has misplaced a few passes is nonsensical tbh.

Yes, Hazard gave the ball away a few times, but he's nowhere as bad as Oscar and Drogba. Their pass accuracy: 64% and 50% respectively.

which doesn't mean 64% is good. I've been saying nonstop how bad Oscar is, but let's not lie to ourselves, 64 is pretty bad too.

We're allowing this shirt team WAY too much space. Just inviting a goal.

We should be dominating the possession and we're just letting them have it.

It is not voluntary! Our side is packed with people for whom passing is NOT a strong point. With this line up, keeping the ball is tough, keeping it for long spells is just not going to happen. Many people talk about the high quality of our squad. I don't agree with that opinion.