Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Aston Villa 1-2 Chelsea

Jas
Followers 3

Terrible display, to be honest, but an excellent result. Willian is my MOTM. Thought Azpi was poor, but then he redeemed himself with an assist.

:wub:

It's time to kiss the badge, Cesc.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't vote MOTM because I had to stream the match on iPad using mobile internet. So, basically I just saw a few snapshots of the match. Actually missed all 3 goals and had to see vines of them afterwards.

not a great performance but a great result. villa away is our bogey game and considering we came with 2 points more than city, i am happy.

courtois - pathetic performance. dont know whats happened to his cross holding ability (which was something that set him apart from cech).

iva - what a screamer!!! what a fucking goal!!! awesome.. got caught a couple of times out of position but what a big goal.

GC - good comeback game. dealt well with agbanlahor's pace,

JT- solid performance.

azpi- what a run for the goal. a LB assisting a right back from open play. thats the stuff of champions.

matic - good performance. did what he does best. broke up play and got our attacks to start.

rambo - another good performance. even in the no.10 role he was pretty decent. should have scored another goal had it not been for some very good defending.

willian - MOTM for me. the signing of cuadrado seems to have woken him up. he should be starting in the no.10 role.

oscar- another pathetic performance. except for the run for the goal, did NOTHING. the way he let whoever get away for the goal was embarrasing. he simply does not give us anything.

hazard - good finish. but apart from that, pretty quite. a couple of good dribbles but not an hazard performance.

DD - very poor. could not do anything right. sad but it seems its over. 36 going to be 37 soon, hopefully he has a PL winning send off.

subs -

mikel - good performance. cooled down the things and not suproisingly we dint lose the ball and get exposed to counters since oscar was not on the pitch.

remy - he should have started. dont understand jose's relucatance to start him.

Can't vote MOTM because I had to stream the match on iPad using mobile internet. So, basically I just saw a few snapshots of the match. Actually missed all 3 goals and had to see vines of them afterwards.

me, I can't vote because there's no poll

My imaginary vote is for Willian

I can't remember seeing a forward having as bad a match as drogba had today.Lord Jesus!

Willian is really stepping it up these past couple of games, eh? Wonder why?

Match Ratings IMO:

Courtois - 5 - A few uncharacteristic wobbles from the big man. Hopefully he'll be a bit more solid under the high ball when bumped around by opponents because people will try it a lot now.

Ivanovic - 6 - Great finish for the goal, caught ball watching at the corner we conceded from. Typical Ivanovic display. No idea what to think about him sometimes...

Terry - 6 - Solid performance from CLL.

Cahill - 6 - Decent performance from Cahill. Made one good interception and didn't back off anywhere near as much as usual. Still prefer Zouma though.

Azpilicueta - 4 - Pretty poor performance from Dave today, hopefully picks himself up as he's been poor the last 2 games.

Matic - 7 - Typically great performance from him. Nothing gets past the Spider.

Ramires - 6 - Lots of running, lots of energy, solid display.

Hazard - 8 - Stunning finish for the goal. Great play around the pitch and so hard to get the ball off of.

Oscar - 2 - The only reason this isn't a 1 is because he didn't give away a penalty or score an own goal. Woeful performance. His passing stats would be a nightmare to look at.

Willian - 9 - Quite possibly his best performance in a Chelsea shirt. Great energy, great play and much, much better. Evidently taken the signing of Cuadrado personally.

Drogba - 3 - Poor from the Drog. No presence, poor passing, shouldn't be ahead of Remy ever again.

Remy (sub) - 6 - Was good after he came on, worked very well with Cuadrado which is a big positive.

Mikel (sub) - 4 - Poor passing towards the end but we've come to expect that from him.

Cuadrado (sub) - 5 - Didn't have much time but showed glimpses of greatness. Did more in 10mins than Oscar and Drogba did in a combined 130mins.

quite good ratings IMO

gg1184288.jpg

:D

Jose Mourinho heaps praise on "very good" officials after Chelsea's 2-1 win over Aston Villa

:D

Waiting for the FA to fine him for that lol.

I don't care about our performance once we ve gotten d 3points m clamouring for...fuck we can't playbeautifully throughout d whole season....anoda huge boast city dropped points...ITS PARTY TIME...

Shaky performance at times, especially first twenty minutes of second half. But Remy was a must sub for Drogba and slowly took back the match. I thought Courtois was shaky at times too.

Willian was after it all game. Willian MotM!

We will be okay when everyone is back. Need Costa.

Tough place for us to get 3 points, so let's take them and get ready for the Toffees!

What awesome results in the end! Gained 2 more and 7 clear!

Come on you Chelsea!

looking at our squad, selling De Bruyne was a HUGE mistake. He would be perfect in Oscars position. Dont know how Mourinho couldnt rate him at all. One of the biggest mistakes in recent Chelsea transfer history. Our build-up and our creativity is really awful. at times we play like some mid-table club. we cant be so overdependent on Fabregas. Mou has to find solutions. Hazard and Cesc cant carry the team on their own the whole season. and Mous negative approach is also really appaling Instead of scoring the 3rd and sealing the game he brings in Mikel for Oscar and we just hoof the ball away...

Still happy with the points though and 7 points clear of City