Juan Cuadrado

Liuxas

Cuadrado has won on average 5.1 fouls per game, more than any other player in this Serie A season.

Juan Guillermo Cuadrado has won the most fouls (87) over the top-5 European leagues this season.

Since his Serie A debut (Nov 2009) Juan Cuadrado has completed 413 dribblings: at least 28 more than any other player.

Most fouls and dribbles in Italy just like hazard has the most fouls and dribbles in England. Proof he has the same dribbling style as Hazard.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Juan CUADRADO

B83CGY4CMAAbH-w.jpg

A 27 year-old winger or wide midfielder from Colombia, Juan Guillermo Cuadrado Bello arrived at Chelsea in January 2015 for a fee of £23.3 million. A full Colombian international, Juan has made 37 appearances for his country, scoring five goals, including the opening goal from the penalty spot in a 4-1 defeat of Japan at the 2014 FIFA World Cup. Juan is an excellent and speedy dribbler of the ball, often winning fouls for his fleet-footedness, and is noted for trying his luck by shooting from distance - often with devastating consequences for the opposition.

After weeks of persistent rumours, it was announced on January 30 that Cuadrado had agreed personal terms with Chelsea, and that the two clubs had finally agreed on a transfer fee, most likely to be around £23.3 million. Fiorentina could receive up to an additional £3.3 million through performance-related add-ons.

His shirt number has yet to be decided, but it is highly likely that he will compete with Willian for a position on the right wing, or, could alternatively replace Oscar in the side and operate either in place of the Brazilian in a central role, or move over to the left to give Eden Hazard a more prominent role behind the forward. His versatility has seen him play in a number of positions for Fiorentina, including right-back and as a deep-lying midfielder, but he has been targeted by José Mourinho to offer a degree of dynamism to the Blues' attack with his explosive pace and dribbling.

Everyone at TalkChelsea wishes Juan the best of luck in his time with Chelsea Football Club.

You can read Juan's transfer talk thread by clicking here.

Well, if we want him to feature against City tomorrow, we'll have to register him in the squad by 12pm UK time. 50 minutes more to go. And till now, still no official announcement from either club.

Could be registered and squad numbered for all we know. We all know how ninjaesque Chelsea are with transfers.

Exactly. I don't know why people are so quick to the guillotine. A lot of supporters gave Fernando Torres chance after chance but Schurrle nor Salah get the same treatment.

I'm just scared that Schurrle will be sold and Cuadrado comes in and is even worse. I wouldn't mind if Salah left but I think Schurrle has the tools to turn it around. I mean, his best position is the LW and that occupied by Hazard. He has a lot to live up to by merely appearing on that flank. I think people are spoiled sometimes.

I agree. He pops up with good goals and performances and it's not like they are worthless (City, Arsenal, PSG) etc. He can definitely elevate his game. IMO people are far too harsh for wanting him out since a player like him is as good as it gets for a squad player in football.

If he is to play tomorrow, I hope he comes in as a sub. Throwing him out there from the beginning of the biggest match so far with all those players he haven't played with yet would be tough. We made that mistake with Torres, I know he's an exception to everything on this planet, but still.

Awesome! Happy birthday to you too pal! Lets hope for a late present of three points tomorrow evening!

Absoluetly, fingrers crossed!

If he is to play tomorrow, I hope he comes in as a sub. Throwing him out there from the beginning of the biggest match so far with all those players he haven't played with yet would be tough. We made that mistake with Torres, I know he's an exception to everything on this planet, but still.

Absoluetly, fingrers crossed!

I hope he comes on first, it would be nice to see what he can bring to our big matches, and he's a world class player not like Torres who works when he wants. If you see what's done overseas.

I hope he comes on first, it would be nice to see what he can bring to our big matches, and he's a world class player not like Torres who works when he wants. If you see what's done overseas.

I just think it's more natural for his progress (as a player bought in January) to not start a big game right after signing. He'd be forced to make a first impression that satisfies everyone, in a very tight match.

Nice to see you back, sir :)

Judging from what you said, it seems you know him well. Hopefully he is live up to our expectations.

Never left mate, just stepped down :)

He can play on both wings but is not very suited to a central position so I can see him and Eden switching wings a lot. He will push Willian all the way for that starting position. He has been rather inconsistant this season in comparison to last year, but that said Fiorentina are not having as good a season.