Juan Cuadrado

Liuxas

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good but I dont think he is the long term choice who can improve his allround game furtherly, therefore 35m is hell lot of money.

Feels bit like Willian signing, althrough he is better player and more proven.

Other than that, what other choices we have now or even in summer? If Reus is going to Real, I doubt we will go for Bale either. Then I dont know who elseis good enough for our Rw and better than what we already have. Koke, Isco, etc aint proper wingers, while I dont think players like Pedro, Muniain, Mertens would cut it here.

But I like idea of having Lacazette on right wing. He would add goals, assists and has very good share of technical ability.

Reus & Bale are just a year younger than Cuadrado while Sanchez & Di Maria are the same age. Let

s stop pretending he's ancient. It's embarrasing.

Hilarious to see so many fans who've only seen Cuadrado in the World Cup pretending they have extensive knowledge of the player. A handful of games and FM/FIFA isn't enough. It's Diego Costa all over again lol.

Fact is he ticks alot of the boxes for the ideal RW for our style and system. Willian who he's been compared to the most doesn't have the same skillset. Not even Hazard does.

What about Gervinho ...everytime i watch roma he is ripping opposition defences apart...sure he did not play well for arsenal but now he seems to be matured..He can dribble and has pace!!

Its true what u say. He's got much better and are always a danger, but.. a BIG but, he really can't shoot! Gervinho having the same shooting skills as Salah, and that is BAD :D

Cuadrado is like Gervinho, but he can shoot and have good passes! 27£m clause.. hope we could bring down the fee to 22£m!

Reus & Bale are just a year younger than Cuadrado while Sanchez & Di Maria are the same age. Let

s stop pretending he's ancient. It's embarrasing.

Hilarious to see so many fans who've only seen Cuadrado in the World Cup pretending they have extensive knowledge of the player. A handful of games and FM/FIFA isn't enough. It's Diego Costa all over again lol.

Fact is he ticks alot of the boxes for the ideal RW for our style and system. Willian who he's been compared to the most doesn't have the same skillset. Not even Hazard does.

How on earth people couldnt see Costa was a absolute Mourinho blueprint of a striker is crazy

Its true what u say. He's got much better and are always a danger, but.. a BIG but, he really can't shoot! Gervinho having the same shooting skills as Salah, and that is BAD :D

Cuadrado is like Gervinho, but he can shoot and have good passes! 27£m clause.. hope we could bring down the fee to 22£m!

Yeah i understand...27 million is too much for cuadrado!!!

Lately reports directly linked to Juan Cuadrado us. Even today many reports speak of direct contacts between us, Fiorentina and Cuadrado.

Reports.

1. “Chelsea ‘ready to sign Juan Cuadrado by paying £26.8m buy-out clause’”. metro.co.uk

http://metro.co.uk/2015/01/20/chelsea-ready-to-sign-juan-cuadrado-by-paying-26-8m-buy-out-clause-5028500/?ito=v-a

2. “Chelsea line up £26.8m move for Manchester United target Juan Cuadrado”. dailystar.co.uk

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/421043/Chelsea-Manchester-United-Juan-Cuadrado

3. “Chelsea transfer news: Blues line up Juan Cuadrado as replacement for Mohamed Salah”. standard.co.uk

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-transfer-news-blues-line-up-juan-cuadrado-as-replacement-for-mohamed-salah-9989401.html

I think definitely much Mohamed Salah as Andre Schurrle will leave Chelsea this market in January.

Salah has been a complete mystery, we do not know if he is good or bad simply because he has not played.

Instead, Schurrle if you played, and he has shown that he can not play as a winger because he does not feel comfortable in that position, and perhaps the best position to Schurrle is that of an offensive player who plays better in the middle, as striker, but in this position he is no better than Diego Costa, Didier Drogba and Remy, and a little further back are Oscar, Fabregas or Hazard ...

Probably the best option is to sell both Salah as Schurrle and try a good signing for the position of winger, even in a player to the position of winger our starting eleven.

I think we have few weaknesses in our team this year, and maybe those few weaknesses are related to the matches in which we face opponents who play a very tight defense (as if they had taken a padlock) with all players defensive lines, thus causing us to have fewer spaces and players like Diego Costa see their performance diminished by the lack of spaces.

Willian is the favorite choice of Jose this season because he is a player who, apart from his quality, he works hard and Willian is a real lung in midfield. But Willian often occupies the position of side midfielder and leaves very empty the position of winger.

To solve this problem would have two solutions.

A new Centre-striker who can play in tight spaces. (Highly unlikely for this market January).

2. A pure winger who is able to break defenses closed and he can play in tight spaces.

I think Juan Cuadrado is a pure winger, a specific player who would give us a chance to solve certain parties that we do not have now.

His big explosion as a player was the last World Cup where he has had a good performance. But this move makes me doubt as to whether Juan Cuadrado really worth £ 26.8 million (€ 34.97 million) or not.

Maybe it is a very risky operation, but the market does not offer us a better chance if we compare these possibilities with the level of Juan Cuadrado.

If we signed him perhaps finally he can be a good signing as a winger, but I think it's complicated that he can be a player to play every game in our starting eleven.

Reus if it would be a player that would play every game in our starting eleven, but Reus is not a pure winger ...

Square Maybe he can play at our starting eleven this season (although only at times on an ongoing basis), but hardly the next season he will be our starting eleven.

Instead, Cuadrado can play as RWB (Right wing back), and last summer, the Barcelona attempt convender Juan Cuadrado to him leaving for Barcelona in the position of RB (Right back) ...

In English. http://translate.google.es/translate?hl=es&sl=en&tl=es&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mundodeportivo.com%2F20140503%2Ffc-barcelona%2Fasi-es-juan-guillermo-cuadrado-el-heredero-de-alves-en-el-barca_54407513026.html&sandbox=1

In Spanish. http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20140503/fc-barcelona/asi-es-juan-guillermo-cuadrado-el-heredero-de-alves-en-el-barca_54407513026.html

In English. http://translate.google.es/translate?hl=es&sl=es&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sport.es%2Fes%2Fnoticias%2Fbarca%2Fbarca-caza-lateral-3442440&sandbox=1

In Spanish. http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/barca-caza-lateral-3442440

Perhaps thinking of Juan Jose Cuadrado as winger for this season, and Juan Cuadrado as RB (Right back) considering having a substitute for the future of Ivanovic and step by step Jose, whet be modifying the defensive performance Juan Cuadrado and put him at RB (Right back) thinking about the future. But this possibility is very complicated, I think Juan Cuadrado is a player too anarchic for that position.

In addition, for counterattacks (a type of plays that much give in big games against big rivals) Juan Cuadrado would be a good player for his speed.

As I did in the thread of Paul Pogba, I searched some videos of Juan Cuadrado with a specific follow suit Juan Cuadrado. I hope they can be useful for someone.

Videos.

1. Juan Cuadrado vs Juventus 14-15 Home (English Commentary).

2. Juan Guillermo Cuadrado vs Inter.

3. JUAN CUADRADO | Goals, Skills, Assists | Fiorentina | 2013/2014.

4. Juan Guillermo Cuadrado vs Brazil 11.14.2012.

5. Juan Guillermo Cuadrado vs Bolivia.

6. Juan Guillermo Cuadrado vs Parma 2.24.14.

7. Juan Guillermo Cuadrado (Fiorentina) vs Udinese (6.04.2014).

8. Juan Guillermo Cuadrado vs Inter.

9. Juan Cuadrado vs Juventus 12/13.

I hope you find it interesting.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/44868/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Cuadrado

I hope your comments.

Regards to all.

Edited by supporter

Do you all watching Fiorentina a lot? Or you just assume he's similar to Willian because of his hair and dribbling?

I didn't see him a lot, but he seems to be more explosive than Willian, especially on the right wing.

I suspect that's the case for most people.

I haven't watched Serie A regularly in the last couple of seasons, but I've watched a few Fiorentina games this season. From what I have seen of him, he's definitely an upgrade on all our wingers bar Hazard, but I might be wrong - I don't claim to have an extensive knowledge of him.

And he really isn't ancient or anything. Just a year older than Reus whom everyone here wants so much.

Nah, I wouldn't take Cuadrado over Willian or Schurrle (for those making comparisons, he's not similar to either) and I really doubt we are genuinely interested in him, especially for the ridiculous money that is being quoted. Don't get me wrong, he's a good tricky player, but I just don't think he can make any genuine impact at a top team like us.

I suspect that our name is just being thrown around to raise his price of his transfer to some other team.

He is replacing Schurrle or Salah, why Willian's name popped out in every posts? And no need to compare who is better between Willian and this guy, let the performances do the talk, a bit like Azpi and Luis situation. For me Cuadrado is definitely an upgrade on both Schurrle and Salah, this's good enough. Price wise, I simply don't care, if Jose thinks he's worth it, he is.

he isnt replacing schürrle or salah. we wont pay 35 m for someone who will play 5,6 games per year. he will come and he will be starter or otherwise he will leave soon. United+ Barca wanted him last summer, he isnt some talent who sit on the bench and will be happy.

There arent many options for the RW though out there...maybe Lacazette or some young talents we dont really know yet. Can Dybala play as a RW?