Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Mark Schwarzer

Jas
Followers 1

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with the amount of matches we play, he should still get some decent gametime i hope australia-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.

Think he will start in the domestic cup competitions especially the Capital One Cup.

He will leave next summer.

Incredible prediction... :clap:

Is Hilario still here or not? He is listed on the website but I though he was released.

As far as I am aware his contract did run out by the end of June, but the club was contemplating renewing it. Cech even said that we are going to renew it. Not sure if this deal changes that or not. I guess it depends on whether Jose trusts Blackman to be our number 3.

Interesting point though is that in his interview yesterday Schwarzer talked about Cech and the younger keepers but nothing about Hillario..

Perfect signing, really. If Cech gets injured, we won't be playing Hilario or Blackman, but a man with over 500 Premier League appearances, and over 150 Premier League clean sheets.

Him being here isn't going to upset the apple-cart; he'll probably be gone by this time next year, or if Cech decides to leave or for some reason Courtois is farmed off on loan again (can't see this happening, but you never know!), he can stay on for a further year.

So happy with this news. I never thought I'd see that the day another Australian would be playing for Chelsea. For it to be my favourite Australia player I could not be happier!! Mark is one of the nicest guys as well and deserves to end his career at a club like ours.

So happy with this news. I never thought I'd see that the day another Australian would be playing for Chelsea. For it to be my favourite Australia player I could not be happier!! Mark is one of the nicest guys as well and deserves to end his career at a club like ours.

Let's hope it turns out better than the last time... :lol:

Bosnich did play pretty good,on the field at least..

:lol:

Can't see Mark going in that direction hahaha.

An ex-footballer friend of mine posted on a social network last night "Good luck to Schwarzer at Chelsea" and the comments he received from a previous teams fans were laughable....things like "Way to rot on the bench"

This is football fans losing complete perspective of what certain players can bring to certain teams, yet cannot grasp that the said player moved on from their club and has actually bettered himself.

Some football fans worry me.

He also played pretty well off the field, if I recall. He just couldn't stop scoring.

So do we have the best back up 'keeper in the league now? Or am I forgetting someone obvious?

Would anyone else like us to do something similar to what City did last season (but keep our class if we reach the final) and play him in all League Cup or F.A. Cup games? Gives Cech a good rest, gives Mark a good chance to continue showing his worth before the World Cup and gives our Aussie fans something to dribble over :D . I certainly believe he's good enough for such a run personally.

So do we have the best back up 'keeper in the league now? Or am I forgetting someone obvious?

Would anyone else like us to do something similar to what City did last season (but keep our class if we reach the final) and play him in all League Cup or F.A. Cup games? Gives Cech a good rest, gives Mark a good chance to continue showing his worth before the World Cup and gives our Aussie fans something to dribble over :D . I certainly believe he's good enough for such a run personally.

Definately the best back up 'keeper.

Think he should play all of the league cup games no matter how far we go. The F.A. cup is a little more prestigious, not sure about that one. Wouldn't mind seeing him playing all of those as well though.

A great signing, extremely happy with the board.

Excellent deal. Got him on a free compared to possibly paying around £10m for Ruddy and it can be argued that Schwarzer is a better keeper so I am happy :D