Mark Schwarzer

Jase

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair play to Alex who was talking about us getting Schwarzer in. Nice bit of business - experienced, cheap and an upgrade on what we had last season. Plus he's always seemed like a good pro and a sound bloke.

Just another great bit of squad building business by the board.

Its an excellent signing because Mark is a great keeper and since he played for Fulham,he's familiar with London and won't need to adjust. Its also a relief to know that we didn't sign Ruddy because that deal wouldn't have been great for both parties.Ruddy deserves to be a number 1 keeper and 10m wasn't the price to pay for the role we were offering him.

Like I said earlier in the thread, years ago when he was at Boro I was installing TV's and we got a job that came in for his house. He lived in a beautiful part of the country in Harrogate not far from Leeds, which was about an hour journey to Middlesbrough. It was a converted barn and all the doorways where about 5ft 11 high and he's well over 6ft and it was hilarious seeing him duck under every doorway as he made his way through the house.

Really nice bloke, got some nice memorabilia off him including gloves and balls etc.

because casillas struggled at some point and then got injured and Diego Lopez was a beast?

some people complain about Cech, but I think he did very well - top level - last season. I didn't see him struggling like Iker struggled before getting injured at all.

i know and i am definitely not complaining bout cech in anyway. but sometimes even the best can falter. i mean look at JT's last season. god forbid that happens to cech but having some1 like schwarzer as a back up would be great.

with the amount of matches we play, he should still get some decent gametime i hope australia-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.

Think he will start in the domestic cup competitions especially the Capital One Cup.

He will leave next summer.

Incredible prediction... :clap:

Is Hilario still here or not? He is listed on the website but I though he was released.

As far as I am aware his contract did run out by the end of June, but the club was contemplating renewing it. Cech even said that we are going to renew it. Not sure if this deal changes that or not. I guess it depends on whether Jose trusts Blackman to be our number 3.

Interesting point though is that in his interview yesterday Schwarzer talked about Cech and the younger keepers but nothing about Hillario..

Perfect signing, really. If Cech gets injured, we won't be playing Hilario or Blackman, but a man with over 500 Premier League appearances, and over 150 Premier League clean sheets.

Him being here isn't going to upset the apple-cart; he'll probably be gone by this time next year, or if Cech decides to leave or for some reason Courtois is farmed off on loan again (can't see this happening, but you never know!), he can stay on for a further year.

So happy with this news. I never thought I'd see that the day another Australian would be playing for Chelsea. For it to be my favourite Australia player I could not be happier!! Mark is one of the nicest guys as well and deserves to end his career at a club like ours.

So happy with this news. I never thought I'd see that the day another Australian would be playing for Chelsea. For it to be my favourite Australia player I could not be happier!! Mark is one of the nicest guys as well and deserves to end his career at a club like ours.

Let's hope it turns out better than the last time... :lol:

Bosnich did play pretty good,on the field at least..