Mark Schwarzer

Jase

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just can see a trio of cech-thibaut-mark as our GK options.

have to say that it seems likely that thibaut is loaned out again.

cos makes no sense giving mark an extension and keeping him as 3rd choice.

No, but it makes sense to keep an older, more experienced, and most importantly reliable keeper who doesn't mind being second choice as backup to a your highly rated young keeper.

Who knows maybe Mark is happy seeing out his career as a 3rd choice, maybe a coaching role will come as part of the deal.

If we do keep both Cech and Courtois and somehow they both get injured, I would rather Schwarzer than Blackman that's for sure.

No, but it makes sense to keep an older, more experienced, and most importantly reliable keeper who doesn't mind being second choice as backup to a your highly rated young keeper.

??? u mean seel cech??!!!

Who knows maybe Mark is happy seeing out his career as a 3rd choice, maybe a coaching role will come as part of the deal.

If we do keep both Cech and Courtois and somehow they both get injured, I would rather Schwarzer than Blackman that's for sure.

we had a toal of 6 proper defenders for half a season last season (iva-gc-jt-azpi, cole and dl) for 4 positions. and now we want to keep 3 gks in the squad (2 of the World class and top 5 keepers in the world) and all non-HG!!!

its like saying we should buy pogba and kroos just in case matic , cesc and rambo get injured.

We did let Hilario go so it isn't really that much of a surprise.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3448194/title/squad-lists-announced

hilarious was not a part of our PL squad/CL squad last year!!!

Yes, he wasn't, but he was in the team. He signed a one year extension last season and we had a big debate about it and about why not just having Blackman as out third choice keeper.

Yes, he wasn't, but he was in the team. He signed a one year extension last season and we had a big debate about it and about why not just having Blackman as out third choice keeper.

and just cos we made a mistake THEN, its fibe that we repeat the same mistake!!!??

simply dont see the point of having mark as a 3rd choice keeper. like i said before, courtois will be loaned again or cech might be sold. otherwise it makes no sense.

and just cos we made a mistake THEN, its fibe that we repeat the same mistake!!!??

simply dont see the point of having mark as a 3rd choice keeper. like i said before, courtois will be loaned again or cech might be sold. otherwise it makes no sense.

Hey, I'm with you. Would rather have Blackman as 3rd choice. But I'm just stating the facts that we did do something very similar last season, so you can't really base any conclusions on this, imo.

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone know why he is back at Cobham?

I'd of thought he'd be on the pre-season tour considering he is more likely to be around the first team than Beeny and Delac (Who can't get a work permit atm)

He's been running a goalkeeping soccer school. I presume he'll either join up with the squad later or stay at Cobham and train with the academy sides until the first team return. He knows he's going to be back-up this season, and José will want to use the game-time to assess Cech and Courtois.

Anyone know why he is back at Cobham?

I'd of thought he'd be on the pre-season tour considering he is more likely to be around the first team than Beeny and Delac (Who can't get a work permit atm)

One man who was not at training was Mark Schwarzer. The Australian has a small muscular injury and has returned to England for treatment.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/07/training-over-for-today.html

He's been running a goalkeeping soccer school. I presume he'll either join up with the squad later or stay at Cobham and train with the academy sides until the first team return. He knows he's going to be back-up this season, and José will want to use the game-time to assess Cech and Courtois.

I knew about the goalkeeping school but that's hardly the reason he stayed behind.

Could we change his role to goalkeeping coach or something? Maybe for the youth. With Courtois and Cech, with all respect for him, I am still thinking we doesn't need Mark, he occupied one non HG quota, and better give the quota for Mikel. Prefer Blackman for the 3rd GK.

Could we change his role to goalkeeping coach or something? Maybe for the youth. With Courtois and Cech, with all respect for him, I am still thinking we doesn't need Mark, he occupied one non HG quota, and better give the quota for Mikel. Prefer Blackman for the 3rd GK.

No, because Mark is going to be second-choice. Either Courtois will be loaned again, or Cech will be sold.