Mark Schwarzer

Jase

Didn't have a lot to deal with, but what a big save he came up with from that Allen Volley. But the bigger save for me was when he came out almost to the pen spot in the first half to collect Suarez's low cross right before it reached Sterling's feet.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Mr Schwarzer for everything you're doing for Chelsea this season. Great character, very professional. Basically as good as it gets for a replacement GK for Chelsea. Probably better than at least 1/3 of the first choise GK's in the league. Bravo :clap:

Has Schwarzer been jinxed or something? He has kept a clean sheet in all but 3 games he has played for us this season and in those 3 games, it came against sides in red/white kits - twice against Sunderland and now Atletico!

• 1 month later...

Can't be asked to count all the homegrown implications for this but I love the guy as second-choice and with Hilario gone he's even a good shout for third-choice.

Of course it could also mean that one of Courtois or Cech isn't going to be around either going into the season, or perhaps just for some of the season (a January transfer for whichever one we're not using??).

"I've had messages from the boss, he's very keen for me to re-sign with the club.
"And that's all I really need to know, that he wants to keep me at the club and I'll leave the rest up to the powers-that-be to sort it all out.
"I'm confident it'll be sorted out in the next week or two."
"I still want to stay in Europe as long as possible. If I have the chance to stay at a club like Chelsea, I'd love to do so because it's an unbelievable experience.
"I had opportunities to play in the Champions League semi-final (at the end of last season) and vie for the title - and that's something invaluable and something I hadn't experienced before. And I wouldn't change anything for it."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9337111/chelsea-keeper-mark-schwarzer-close-to-new-stamford-bridge-deal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...