Mark Schwarzer

Jase

He'll be dropped as soon as he makes a mistake, mainly because Cech is a far better keeper.

Used to be that keeper was the one position we were consistent in - now we can't even rely on that.

Spot on, it's the same as when Lopez supplanted Casillas at Real, and identical to the Pantillimon-Hart situation at City. In both scenarios the latter is, clearly, the far better goalkeeper, but whilst the other isn't making any errors, you have to continue to play them, right?

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spot on, it's the same as when Lopez supplanted Casillas at Real, and identical to the Pantillimon-Hart situation at City. In both scenarios the latter is, clearly, the far better goalkeeper, but whilst the other isn't making any errors, you have to continue to play them, right?

It's not like the Hart situation at all because Hart sucked for a long time and deserved to be dropped long before (maybe even last season). He made mistake after mistake and bad ones in big games. Cech made one bad mistake. Schwarzer didn't make any errors but he also didn't make a single save that a small child couldn't have made. This isn't like a striker scoring because that still takes doing something active rather than just sitting around while your players attack. Cech is a better keeper and his poor form has been massively exaggerated.

He was brilliant. He didn't deserve to lose this game... Weird to say this about a 41 y.o. free transfer.

Isn't it just f***ing typical?

In Carlo's time we were complaining about the lack of a good no.10 and a decent backup keeper, and now... :lol:

There was this one powerful long shot which he caught and made look effortless, but I'm pretty sure many would have simply tipped it over the bar or punched away. This was all experience.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

It's a shame he hasn't had more chances, because he truly is still a class goalkeeper. I hope he sticks around as our number 2 next season. For the first time since Cudicini left I feel safe about our GK situation!

Not only that but he is also a truly professional guy and a very nice character to have in the dressing room.

• 4 weeks later...

It's a shame he hasn't had more chances, because he truly is still a class goalkeeper. I hope he sticks around as our number 2 next season. For the first time since Cudicini left I feel safe about our GK situation!

He has his chance today and well...