Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Southampton v Chelsea

Jase
Followers 1

Fine with Andre and Luis rotating in but why drop Oscar after he just missed the Stoke match?

He missed the Stoke match for tactical reasons and was a sub. Same for today.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine with Andre and Luis rotating in but why drop Oscar after he just missed the Stoke match?

When Mikel plays, Oscar is usually dropped. Not enough creativity with both of them in the midfield.

He missed the Stoke match for tactical reasons and was a sub. Same for today.

I mean, I'm not upset about it or anything but Southampton aren't exactly Man City where we'd need an extra shield in front of the back 4. Oscar played well against West Ham and I figured he'd keep him in there.
This is our team today. Courtois, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Luis, Matic, Mikel, Schurrle, Fabregas, Hazard, Diego Costa.
Subs: Cech, Zouma, Azpilicueta, Ramires, Willian, Remy, Drogba.
Southampton: Forster, Yoshida, Fonte, Alderweireld, Targett, Davis, Schneiderlin, Wanyama, Tadic, Mane, Pelle.
Courtois.
Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Luis
Mikel - Fabregas - Matic
Schurrle - Diego - Hazard.

"If we fight we can lose, if we do not fight we are lost". Without Fear. In our mind is only the victory.

If we believe and we work, WE CAN. We're Chelsea, GO BLUES!

The next stop to The Quadruple.
Southamton vs Chelsea.
Match by Match

When Mikel plays, Oscar is usually dropped. Not enough creativity with both of them in the midfield.

Mikel's extra defensive prowess and loss of creativity is countered by Luis' inclusion. Very nice XI IMO.
This is our team today. Courtois, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Luis, Matic, Mikel, Schurrle, Fabregas, Hazard, Diego Costa.
Subs: Cech, Zouma, Azpilicueta, Ramires, Willian, Remy, Drogba.
Southampton: Forster, Yoshida, Fonte, Alderweireld, Targett, Davis, Schneiderlin, Wanyama, Tadic, Mane, Pelle.
Courtois.
Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Luis
Mikel - Fabregas - Matic
Schurrle - Diego - Hazard.

"If we fight we can lose, if we do not fight we are lost". Without Fear. In our mind is only the victory.

If we believe and we work, WE CAN. We're Chelsea, GO BLUES!

The next stop to The Quadruple.

Southamton vs Chelsea.
Match by Match

Quick questions.

Do you have relatives in Australia? If yes, is that relative possibly named Kevin? Is his last name Ashburner(woodfurnance, assburner). What do you think about Illuminati?

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Oh José, how much I love thee!!!!!!!!!

After all bites and fingerprints I spent the last few days saying that if we played Mikel we should play Schurrle instead of Willian, you just do that :wub:

Nice to know we continue in sync, my lord.

I mean, I'm not upset about it or anything but Southampton aren't exactly Man City where we'd need an extra shield in front of the back 4. Oscar played well against West Ham and I figured he'd keep him in there.

There's no way Oscar can cope with two matches of football in 48h. Just no way.

I don't see him starting against Spurs either, but then I think will be for tactical reasons. Today was just for physical.

I was going to make Costa my Fantasy captain... completely forgot... now it's Hazard. Hope it doesn't come to bite me in the arse