Petr Cech

eldo

He had no right in being able to have the reaction time to even instinctively stick a foot out for Lukaku's second shot. Pure brilliance. Give credit where it is due.

There would have been 10 pages of discussion and endless vines had Courtois done the same! But I think that's because we take Cech for granted.

He's also gone nearly 1000 minutes without conceding at home in the league.

2c85lJSmZ1EF55vVK.gif

Thibaut has been magnificent for us this season virtually 98% of the time, but I think we could well be looking back on that save as potentially title-deciding. That reaction save is literally the difference between us having a seven point lead and a five point lead.

sEMfj7b.gif

Ridiculous

When I see saves like that, and they do happen once in a while, then I don't understand what's so special about the Gordon Banks save against Pele in a world cup. Are the only reasons of that save being so hyped because it was England and on the opposite side it was the great Pele? And even when people talk about that save, they speak like it was physically impossible to pull off... how come? Some of the saves Cech has made throughout his career have defied laws of universe, the one Banks made was good, but the more I watch replays of it, the less impressed I am considering the hype of it being "the greatest save of all time".

When I see saves like that, and they do happen once in a while, then I don't understand what's so special about the Gordon Banks save against Pele in a world cup. Are the only reasons of that save being so hyped because it was England and on the opposite side it was the great Pele? And even when people talk about that save, they speak like it was physically impossible to pull off... how come? Some of the saves Cech has made throughout his career have defied laws of universe, the one Banks made was good, but the more I watch replays of it, the less impressed I am considering the hype of it being "the greatest save of all time".

Probably cause he it was England. I mean look at all the Harry Kane wanking all over right now and some people haven't even heard of Alexandre Lacazette.

It would have been wonderful to see Cech retire at Chelsea, brilliant keeper, stepped up when we needed it the most and for me, he'll be one of the four* legends of the past decade.

*The other three legends: JT, Didier and Lampard

I wish Cech all the best if/when he moves on :cry::cry: