Petr Cech

eldo

6,7M pounds? are you kidding. he's worth atleast 20M if not more.

That's not how it works. If we release Cech every team would know that we don't need him so we can't expect too much money for him. Just like Newcastle could charge 35 million pounds for Carroll because they knew that Liverpool need a striker very much in a few hours and they got a shitload of money for Torres. The situation determines the price.

I still think keeping Cech at least until january is vital. If Courtois somehow fails to deal with physicality of PL or for whatever other reason flops, Cech must still be around. Until Courtois shows regualar top performances in Cfc kit, Cech shouldnt go anywhere. It would be too risky.

It's not just about us. Petr is a great keeper and great keepers don't usually wait to see if another one flops.

I still think keeping Cech at least until january is vital. If Courtois somehow fails to deal with physicality of PL or for whatever other reason flops, Cech must still be around. Until Courtois shows regualar top performances in Cfc kit, Cech shouldnt go anywhere. It would be too risky.

He is a goalkeeper... Why would he "fail to deal with physicality of PL"? He's been playing on the highest level for three years now, he won the La Liga, the Copa del Rey, the Europe League, the UEFA Super Cup and played a CL-final and five matches on the world cup. He has plenty of experience at the age of 22 and he seems to be very confident. I just can't see him flop.

Sounds like someone is going according to Jose.

Mourinho: "OR if Petr plays, Courtois can think about leaving and vice versa. I cannot have one top keeper on the bench for 3 or 4 months"

Mourinho on the goalkeeper situation: "I don't think any manager happy to see one player not comfortable."

That's not the way it works. Keepers are just not expensive. Hugo Lloris was 8M pounds and a top keeper and (I think) 25 years old. Mignolet was 25 years old and was 9M pounds last year. Van Der Steegen was one of the most sought after young keepers in the world, and cost under 10M pounds. There have been, I think, maybe 2 keepers who cost more than 20M pounds and they were Neur and Buffon when they were young. Cech is 32 years old. Why would any team If we aren't going to use him, we should sell him because 1) I am sure he wants to play and we don't want to be dicks about it 2) There is very little value in the #2 keeper and Cech earns very good wages so we would save a lot of money by selling him.

In fact, Buffon might be the only one. De Gea cost more than Neuer upfront (both < £20m) but the German could've overtaken that fee later on because of performance bonuses.

For our sake I hope it is Cech and not Courtois, I hope Jose doesn't do a Lukaku on Courtois and tell him to fuck off for not willing to fight...etc. This would be one of the biggest mistake in his career.

Mourinho wont do that simply because you cant compare courtois with lukaku at all.

Lukaku hasnt proved anything while Courtois has proved himself at the highest possible level and i bet Mourinho respect that

That's not how it works. If we release Cech every team would know that we don't need him so we can't expect too much money for him. Just like Newcastle could charge 35 million pounds for Carroll because they knew that Liverpool need a striker very much in a few hours and they got a shitload of money for Torres. The situation determines the price.

That's not the way it works. Keepers are just not expensive. Hugo Lloris was 8M pounds and a top keeper and (I think) 25 years old. Mignolet was 25 years old and was 9M pounds last year. Van Der Steegen was one of the most sought after young keepers in the world, and cost under 10M pounds. There have been, I think, maybe 2 keepers who cost more than 20M pounds and they were Neur and Buffon when they were young. Cech is 32 years old. Why would any team If we aren't going to use him, we should sell him because 1) I am sure he wants to play and we don't want to be dicks about it 2) There is very little value in the #2 keeper and Cech earns very good wages so we would save a lot of money by selling him.

i understand what you saying guys, and partially i agree but cech is still a world class keeper, top 5 in my opinion. and he has maybe 5 more years of playing at the highest level. i think just because of that he is worth more than 6,7M.

and in this crazy transfer world where we live in, where the most average players gone for 20M easily i think cech can too.

this is just my opinion. maybe i'm unrealistic becasue i love cech too much, but this is what i see. tbh, i would keep both cech and courtois in the team.