Loïc Rémy

SeB

He's average. Another Demba Ba but far less gifted.

Well, we can't buy Cavani to be a benchwarmer, can we? Remy is a dangerous, experienced striker and his wages are acceptable. In his first two match he played very well, I'm sure we can count on him.

I like his pace though, good to have a pacy striker. Remy will do nicely on games that Costa can't play and we deploy counter attacks.

Good bench option. Nothing that impressed me against Bolton, but he's still new to everything, let's give him time.

Don't think Navas is a better dribbler than Willian or even Salah (especially the former). Navas relies on his outstanding pace to beat men really.

Willian's dribbling ability is as good as any of those you've mentioned. His problem is his decision making in the final third/final moment.

First of all, I was talking about the dribbling technique of all our ams except hazard. I consider dribbling to be anything you can do to get past your marker, and leave him for dead/chasing you.

willian's s dribbling has no effect. His doesn't leave his marker for dead with his dribbles, unless it's on the counter.

The willian you are talking about existed in Shakhtar. The Willian we have now, doesn't get past his marker except it's a counter attack. All I see is some stepovers, then run to the line and cross (notice that the defender is following him by his side all the way, he hasn't actually beat him) or then pass to ivanovic. Navas if you watch him closely is a lively and a far better one on one dribbler than all our ams bar hazard.

To be fair to him, Remy played against Bolton without our two main creative midfielders--Cesc and Hazard. They're unselfish team players who like setting up others. We're yet to see how Costa would do without them.

To be fair to him, Remy played against Bolton without our two main creative midfielders--Cesc and Hazard. They're unselfish team players who like setting up others. We're yet to see how Costa would do without them.

he also had Schurrle taking up his space and never passing

Ba is clearly more gifted than Remy and this isn't even debatable in my eyes. Again, I never said Remy was a bad player just that he's average. A stop-gap player.

LOL. So what gifts does Demba Ba possess? Does't seem like the most agile player, nor the fastest. He's certainly not the strongest or the most technical... So what are these gifts you are referring to?