Loïc Rémy

SeB

Many players come to the PL and don't struggle.

Many players move within PL clubs and do struggle.

And vice versa.

It is a pointless statement to make because it means nothing. Success in one instant does not in whatever shape or form gaurantee success in another.

Prove to me that is's easier for a player to be a success at a different club in the same leauge without using anecdotal evidence.

Indeed it doesn't guarantee success. No transfer is. It's all a risk. But there are certain ways to reduce the risk - by buying a better player, by buying a player who is suited to the team's style of play or to the manager/other player's personality, or by buying a player who has already played in the same league as your club for the reasons i mentioned in my previous post.

How am I meant to supply anecdotal evidence to you? That would involve analysing the transfers of many hundreds of players who transferred in league and between leagues. That would take an inordinate amount of time. My statement is based around the fact that I have been watching the PL all my life and to my eye (and many others) players who sign from other PL clubs are more likely to play better for their new club and have a shorter bedding in time.

Remy was hyped to be something like next Henry etc. He scored goals but he was known to be a bit of cunt with not so great work ethic.

And qpr? What i call being ambitious is going to teams like Chelsea, bayern, psg or at least spurs, arsenal. Qpr was all about money, not ambition. If I was picking back then between Qpr or even Newcastle, Swansea I would pick Qpr only for money, newcastle and swansea are simply better english clubs.

newcastle isn't exactly a great club.. in fact, one of the most poorly run clubs in the PL (then again so are QPR). poor management (they have majestic pardew at the helm) poor board, bad players and have only made a few good signings as of late

Good buy. Definitely an upgrade on torres. Has pace and would be a hand full off the bench when we will be 1-0/2-0 up. 8mil in today's market is NOTHING. Bloody shane long costed 12mi£!!!!

Good back up player.

Another GREAT piece of business by the board!!!

Good buy. Definitely an upgrade on torres. Has pace and would be a hand full off the bench when we will be 1-0/2-0 up. 8mil in today's market is NOTHING. Bloody shane long costed 12mi£!!!!

Good back up player.

Another GREAT piece of business by the board!!!

And Sunderland wanted to buy Borini for £14m(!) speaking of which there is a funny rant about the whole thing from a Newcastle fan who also disccusses Loic Remy.:

Guysssss, don't be greedy. This is arguably the greatest/most efficient transfer window EVER for a club our size. We got great players for good prices in an inflated market and got rid of deadwood. And some of you are gonna complain about Remy? So spoiled.

Hoping Remy can be that top, cheap, efficient signing like Azpi or Cahill.

Whatever happens though, this has been the best transfer window I've ever witnessed. Emenalo, Mourinho and the rest of the board must be commended. The squad is finally fully complete.

sometimes people can only value a player if they're expensive. It seems like with the inflated marketing only expensive players are useful players. We've had a few cases of good business like the ones you've mentioned and even Diego Costa for 32m is good business compared to what others have paid recently.

I also agree with your point about him being a second option, a bench player. All the examples given by people here are from 4-2-2 or 4-3-3 where the teams play with two strikers... If we're going that route than we could say we have Costa and Hazard or Costa and Schurrle or Costa and Oscar because those are our AMs and we have three compared to two most of those teams have with their systems (sometimes only one).

In the real world a striker like Cavani or Falcao won't seat at our bench happily. Cavani already complains a lot about playing wide so PSG can accommodate Ibra... can you wonder what he'd say if he had to fight for his position with Costa? Or even if he grabs the first position, do people believe Costa will be happy to sit in the bench? Those are the top strikers in the world, they want to play and to add goals to their names and for that they can't sit in the bench. I thought such things were obvious and common sense, but seemingly, they aren't.

Good players don't always cost a lot of money. I'll take him for 8 or 8.5M, you cant go wrong with that because if he doesn't hit the heights 8 or 8.5M isn't much and if you sell him for a loss its not gonna be much like Ba's transfer after getting him for 7M and selling him for about 5M.

people are missing the main point here...

We let go of Torres. We... let... go... of... Torres. That's the main thing. I don't know Remy but there's no way he's as bad as Torres.

And while I know the purpose isn't only getting rid of Torres, if we have a decent guy - doesn't have to be a top player, we're set.

I said it earlier today when someone (don't remember who) questioned Pat saying we have depth in all positions. Nobody in the league has as depth as we do. Having depth isn't having a player to replace players like Hazard, Cesc and others like I read. That's not possible in the real world, I know I sound an entitled bitch when I say it, but I blame this nonsense on Football Manager. A lot of people play it and they still have a good grasp of the reality, but some just mix real world and game and think that clubs in the real world can replace their stars with as big stars.

First thing you should know, there aren't as many world class players in the world. They're named world class for a reason, they're a level above top players and they aren't that common, so there's no way a club cans for have high profile backups in all positions. to put things in perspective, last season we were this close of winning the league without Cesc and Costa. With the two of them not only we'll have enough to win, but exceed. So the players that almost did it last year are good enough to be the replacements this year. I still believe Eto'o would have been enough of a backup, so even if I don't remember anything about this Remy, I suppose he's an improvement to Torres and Ba. If he can offer as much as Samuel did (even if they differ in style) we're set...

Second thing, no team in the EPL have those world class or top players as backups in the striker position, except City. But all of them (maybe except Dzeko, can't remember) have been injured considerable time last season, which means City have them, but can't count on them because at least last season at least one of them (sometimes two) was injured at all times. I don't remember Pelegrini having the four of them available. Also they play with two strikers, as said before, so if we're going to compare us to them, we have to compare who we have playing instead of a second striker, and that's Hazard for me. So is Hazard + Costa in any way inferior to Aguero + Dzeko? I don't think so... it's at least a draw, but I'd say our partnership is better and that's the only comparison we can do because we play a different system, so we have different profiles in the first team...

So if there aren't many WC or even top players available, if no team has them piling up in their benches, why should we? We needed a decent backup for Costa and based on people's assessment here (the ones I trust) we now have one. So Pat is more right than ever. Who has Cech, Luís (or Iva or Azpili), Willian (or Schurrle or Oscar), Ramires (can be useful, although also dreadful, but great squad member imo) in their benches? Of course, if we bring MvG, Mikel, Zouma, Salah, Rémy (supposing he comes) we won't have the same level as JT, Cesc, Matic, Hazard and Costa, but that's not attainable anyway. We already have more than most have... and most of all, we have balance. That's not that easy to achieve and something most people underrate.

We obviously disagree on Remy and that's fine. I truly hope you are right on this one.

All other top clubs have better sub for striker than we do. Daniel/Balotelli, giroud/Sanchez, dzeko/Aguero. Rvp/rooney. They are all better IMO.

I don't think costa is injury prone btw but he can still pickup a long term injury and ruin our chances. Just can't imagine the likes of remy and old-drogba doing anything special in the cl semis for example. The other teams have better options in the position.

Balotelli will play with Sturridge

Sanchez will play with Giroud

Dzeko and Aguero play together

same for RVP and Rooney.

We play a ONE striker system not two.

This has to be the best window the club has ever had!

Remy is undoubtedly the best solution for this club given our circumstances. He doesn't carry a price tag that will demand he plays tons, however, has proven he can score in the Prem and offers something the squad doesn't already have.

If he doesn't work out its a nominal investment. The worst case scenario is next year Drogba retires, we buy another striker and Remy becomes third choice... I don't see how any Chelsea fan can have a problem with that. Costa was bought to lead the line for the majority of games, if he breaks down there isn't another second choice striker out there who is capable of firing us to titles(And no I don't think buying Bony for 25M or acquiring Falcao on loan for 30M is a viable option). The reason Remy is categorized as a second choice striker is because he's capable of great performances 30-45% of the time, he can't be relied on to lead the line and consistently perform for 40 games or so.

For 8M we are on the brink of acquiring a striker in his prime years(27) and one who scored 14 goals in 26 prem league games. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone to match those numbers and the price, it is fucking FANTASTIC BUSINESS. He's also adept at playing on the wing should we need additional firepower....

This has to be the best window the club has ever had!

Remy is undoubtedly the best solution for this club given our circumstances. He doesn't carry a price tag that will demand he plays tons, however, has proven he can score in the Prem and offers something the squad doesn't already have.

If he doesn't work out its a nominal investment. The worst case scenario is next year Drogba retires, we buy another striker and Remy becomes third choice... I don't see how any Chelsea fan can have a problem with that. Costa was bought to lead the line for the majority of games, if he breaks down there isn't another second choice striker out there who is capable of firing us to titles(And no I don't think buying Bony for 25M or acquiring Falcao on loan for 30M is a viable option). The reason Remy is categorized as a second choice striker is because he's capable of great performances 30-45% of the time, he can't be relied on to lead the line and consistently perform for 40 games or so.

For 8M we are on the brink of acquiring a striker in his prime years(27) and one who scored 14 goals in 26 prem league games. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone to match those numbers and the price, it is fucking FANTASTIC BUSINESS. He's also adept at playing on the wing should we need additional firepower....

Common sense! :yay::getin:

Chelsea buy Torres from Liverpool. Suarez replaces him there.

Liverpool sell Suarez to Barcelona.

They try to sign Remy as part replacement for Suarez.

Deal cannot be agreed so they instead sign Balotelli from Milan.

Milan replaces Balotelli with Torres from Chelsea.

Chelsea replace Torres with Remy.

Football is weird.