• Matic
    • Oscar
    • Schurrle
    • Costa
    • Hazard
    • Willian (sub)
    • Mikel (sub)
    • Drogba (sub)

Costa, Fabregas and Ivanovic were my 3 standout performers. Interesting performance from Oscar; he does what Fabregas can't and vice-versa, they seem to cover each other's deficiencies quite well.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cesc MOTM for sure. Brilliant passing and vision and was involved in all 3 goals, but Iva deserves a special mention too. Class performance.

Now off to read Arsenal fans' moaning. :P

Great first half, I can forgive the fatigue and sloppiness in the 2nd half since it's only the first game of the season.

Loved how well we kept the ball though and Fabregas was really good.

Only negative for me was how susceptible we look defensively.

Matic also had a somewhat poor match so I look forward to how much better we can be when he's up to his usual standard.

My MOTM goes to Cesc. Special mention to Ivanovic also who played a big part in all the goals and also Diego Costa. Overall solid performance from the team!

Costa, Fabregas and Ivanovic were my 3 standout performers. Interesting performance from Oscar; he does what Fabregas can't and vice-versa, they seem to cover each other's deficiencies quite well.

My first thought was Oscar was poor, but he worked hard and with Cesc in the team there's less pressure to be 'creative'. At times the spacing between Cesc, Matic and Oscar was terrible but that'll improve with time.

Oscar's job might simply be to facilitate Fabregas.

My MOTM goes to Cesc. Special mention to Ivanovic also who played a big part in all the goals and also Diego Costa. Overall solid performance from the team!

I would have voted for Cesc but I think he may have misplaced ONE pass

When the commentators described Marvin Sordell as an 'experienced Republic of Ireland international' I lost it. They should have said 'reformed twitter addict' or 'fish look-a-like'.

1st game, 3 points. First half was very impressive. A little underwhelmed with how we played second half. Was looking forward to more of the same but we were very conservative and was a little frustrated that he went down the method of bringing on Mikel for Oscar when I feel we could have just finished off a much inferior side. The 3 points was the most important thing anyway so I am happy. Fabregas MOTM for me. Made everything look simple and is already leading the assists charts and hopefully he is at the top of the assists chart at the end of the season cool.png

Good to see Costa get his goal on his competitive debut. I thought he was decent. Could have been worse, could have been better but he got his debut goal and looked quite promising first half. I know it is one game and against probably the weakest team in the league but if we play the way we did in the first half against most teams we could reach a goal glut imo. The big games was not a problem last season. It was against teams like Burnley and teams a little better but now we have that genius Fabregas along with a quality striker for once I reckon we will be much more successful in games where teams try to contain us.

Anyway like I said we got 3 points. Impressive performance. Great first half. Everyone was solid. Fabregas the standout player. Bring on Leicester. I hope to see Luis at LB in this game though. Perfect game for him to start cool.png

My first thought was Oscar was poor, but he worked hard and with Cesc in the team there's less pressure to be 'creative'. At times the spacing between Cesc, Matic and Oscar was terrible but that'll improve with time.

Oscar is our new water carrier ,,, that is not an insult

I thought that too initially but he grew into the game and delivered a solid if unspectacular performance. He was quite good at dropping into midfield and just keeping the ball moving; if Fabregas can continue to make the difference creatively then Oscar can continue to play what seems to be a more natural game for him.