Filipe Luís

Jase

Apparently the deal is about to be done.

Marca saying that Chelsea came with a very good offer in the last hours - almost €24m (bonuses are included in this amount, so it's probabily €18-20 plus bonuses). They are saying Atletico will accept the offer.

Also Filipe Luis "is delighted" with the offer as Chelsea will double his wages. Mourinho rates him as one of the best left-backs in the world.

Marca saying that Chelsea came with a very good offer in the last hours - almost €24m (bonuses are included in this amount, so it's probabily €18-20 plus bonuses). They are saying Atletico will accept the offer.

Also Filipe Luis "is delighted" with the offer as Chelsea will double his wages. Mourinho rates him as one of the best left-backs in the world.

Marca are so unreliable "usually". Conflicting as at Atleticos summit meeting Monday, they told Simeone he doesnt have to sell Diego Costa, finances are fine. Plus Luis has said he wants to stay

Marca saying that Chelsea came with a very good offer in the last hours - almost 24m (bonuses are included in this amount, so it's probabily 18-20 plus bonuses). They are saying Atletico will accept the offer.

I'm pretty sure Luis came out yesterday and said he wants to stay...

16 million (pounds) isn't a bad fee for him, but he's been pretty underwhelming this season.

I don't know how much he's making at Atleti, but if we're set to double that amount then we probably won't pay him anything less than 60-80k per week. If you add his wages on top of his transfer fee (along with the bonuses) that's a big financial hit to take on 29 year old especially since in another three years, we'll be needing to sign someone else for that position.

Strikes me as the type of signing we used to make before we turned.....well prudent.

Rumours that Miranda is off to United too. That Atletico team is being decimated.

As a short-term option then he fits what we need, a bit like the Tiago deal. Not expensive, immediate upgrade, fits the system and gives us a chance to develop some of the young guys.

Rumours that Miranda is off to United too. That Atletico team is being decimated.

As a short-term option then he fits what we need, a bit like the Tiago deal. Not expensive, immediate upgrade, fits the system and gives us a chance to develop some of the young guys.

Bertrand and van Aanholt will be out. Even the Vitesse manager said himself PVA is not good enough to play for Chelsea. So sense would be to sign a younger left back than 29 to save having to buy another in 2-3yrs or so

Bertrand and van Aanholt will be out. Even the Vitesse manager said himself PVA is not good enough to play for Chelsea. So sense would be to sign a younger left back than 29 to save having to buy another in 2-3yrs or so

Bertrand and Van Aanholt are done. I was talking more about the guys coming through like Aina and Dasilva.

Except in Tiago's case, there actually are youngsters in line behind him, so the short term plan makes sense. Not in the case of our LB. There is no sense in a short term purchase because the next LB, will also be a purchase and not a youngster.

Except in Tiago's case, there actually are youngsters in line behind him, so the short term plan makes sense. Not in the case of our LB. There is no sense in a short term purchase because the next LB, will also be a purchase and not a youngster.

How exactly do you know this?

Do you honestly think Ola or Jay will be ready to be first choice LBs in 3/4 years?

Do I think someone aged 19/20 could be our left-back?

Good point. Definitely not. Quick let's buy Luke Shaw.

He's 29 though... I was honestly expecting us to offer something in the region of £5-7 million and if they decline, we move on to someone younger.

It looks like we're going to be the new and improved Atletico :lol:, Courtois, Costa and Tiago are nailed on, and we are also being linked with Luis and Koke.

How exactly do you know this?

Do I think someone aged 19/20 could be our left-back?

Good point. Definitely not. Quick let's buy Luke Shaw.

Because there aren't really any great talents in youth / reserve set up for that LB spot as opposed to plenty for the CM spot.

Aina is a RB, or a CB. He's played LB, but not his best position.

And Jay is 15, he has talent, but he's way too young to be ready in 3 years.

Nditi isn't good enough to make it here.

Aziz deen-conteh is gone already.

Mou doesn't rate Bertrand and I don't think PVA will ever be Chelsea first choice material.

So you tell me who else is there other than another purchase?

He's 29 though... I was honestly expecting us to offer something in the region of £5-7 million and if they decline, we move on to someone younger.

It looks like we're going to be the new and improved Atletico :lol:, Courtois, Costa and Tiago are nailed on, and we are also being linked with Luis and Koke.

Changing from Atletico Madrid to Chelsea FC. Just missing the coach. :dance:

Because there aren't really any great talents in youth / reserve set up for that LB spot as opposed to plenty for the CM spot.

Aina is a RB, or a CB. He's played LB, but not his best position.

And Jay is 15, he has talent, but he's way too young to be ready in 3 years.

Nditi isn't good enough to make it here.

Aziz deen-conteh is gone already.

Mou doesn't rate Bertrand and I don't think PVA will ever be Chelsea first choice material.

So you tell me who else is there other than another purchase?

I've heard rumours that Jay Dasilva (actually aged 16) has plans to 'age'. Quite a controversial move but he's hoping to be at least 18 in three years time, possibly pushing to be 19 if time allows. I don't know if you've heard of the Curious Case of Bejamin Button but apparently it's something like that, but in reverse.

And you're correct that Aina has featured at left-back this season, as has Ake. Maybe the club think that a proven top-level player is a better bet right now than a gamble on a youngster.

I've heard rumours that Jay Dasilva (actually aged 16) has plans to 'age'. Quite a controversial move but he's hoping to be at least 18 in three years time, possibly pushing to be 19 if time allows. I don't know if you've heard of the Curious Case of Bejamin Button but apparently it's something like that, but in reverse.

And you're correct that Aina has featured at left-back this season, as has Ake. Maybe the club think that a proven top-level player is a better bet right now than a gamble on a youngster.

So you're telling me the club who isn't playing the current 18-20 year old huge talents in our youth reserve teams will finally take that chance with the current LB prospects?

If you believe that, then fair enough, but I don't see Chelsea giving 18 year old chances to become a first choice LB, not because Chelsea is evil but because it's very unlikely and 18 year old is physically ready to be first choice at a club who plays 60 matches every year.

If so then why are you for Tiago? Surely Chalobah, Loftus Cheek and Baker are at the age you consider they should become first choice players.

You seem to be taking both sides of the argument.

So you're telling me the club who isn't playing the current 18-20 year old huge talents in our youth reserve teams will finally take that chance with the current LB prospects?

If you believe that, then fair enough, but I don't see Chelsea giving 18 year old chances to become a first choice LB, not because Chelsea is evil but because it's very unlikely and 18 year old is physically ready to be first choice at a club who plays 60 matches every year.

If so then why are you for Tiago? Surely Chalobah, Loftus Cheek and Baker are at the age you consider they should become first choice players.

You seem to be taking both sides of the argument.

Say Luis is here for three years, then we can start blooding someone like Dasilva in his final year or look at other young prospects we might acquire. Or we might simply look to bring someone else in when Luis leaves.

With the Tiago situation I think he gives us a safety net to maybe start blooding some of the youngsters from this upcoming season. Chalobah should be in the first team squad, Baker needs a loan in all likelihood and Loftus-Cheek could go either way.