• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everything anybody needs to know about Costa ^^

Ehm yes he can.

Using this to once again post the footballing brain that is His Highness Didi Hamann's pronouncements back in August : "Costa is overrated. He had a couple of good years for Atlético Madrid, but his

Posted Images

He wasn't, that stat is deceiving, the first half of that season until Demba arrived he played the full 90 in all but 5 games (both United games, one sent off the other suspended, subbed on at Juve, subbed off at QPR and WBA).

If we gave Costa similar minutes he would get much more imo.

I know. I still say he was decent though. His overall game was decent that season, but it depends on your expectations I think. I've heard people say Messi was poor last season. Any other player having a similar season would be lauded.

And I wasn't comparing Costa to Torres. I was just saying having nice stats at the end of the season isn't enough.

Hahahaha that video is just brilliant xDDD

I just can't stop seeing a new Drogba in Costa... Something about his face, build and playstyle that always prompts word Drogba in my head. I really like that he plays for Spain who are lacking a major striker atm, so if he does well here, he will be spearheading their attack for sure. Finally a striker who can kick the shit out of opposition if needed :D

Everything anybody needs to know about Costa ^^

lol at Costa tripping up the kid.

With Costa and Hazard in our team there isn't a single ballboy in the league that would try wasting time.

Fear us ballboys ! Fear us ! Muhahahahaha

• Like 4

LOL The Dragonborn theme in that video.

But in all seriousness, I'm glad he's a bully--we need more bullies--but he'd better tone it down a bit. The last thing we need for him to get suspended and leave us with Torres.

Good signing. Like at Atletico, he won't necessarily have 5 chances to get a goal (cough benzema cough) but he's proven the past few seasons he doesn't need that many to find the back of the net.

I love his fighting attitude also, but he does take it OTT with the minor head-butts - needs to cut that out, and he probably will after his first ban :lol:

Now i just hope Torres/Drogba isn't 2nd choice and we're ready to go.

• Like 2

I'd like to see Costa score around 15 or more goals in the league if that's not too much to ask. :dunno:

It's amazing (and sad), how inept our strikers have been.

Unlike previous years where we never relied on one out and out goal-scorer, this team i feel does. The likes of Hazard, Oscar, Willian (except Schurrle) don't really have goals in them, so all i ask is that our midfield continue to create chances and hopefully Costa put them away.

Edit: But my God, those headbutts are gonna annoy me and everybody else if he starts missing games, just watch. I'm not big on this whole, having a 'cunt' up top, you can play with an edge without being dirty. He honestly shows signs of not being any better than suarez and his antics. The thing is, he hasn't been 'caught' or punished severely for them.

I'd like to see Costa score around 15 or more goals in the league if that's not too much to ask. :dunno:

It's amazing (and sad), how inept our strikers have been.

Unlike previous years where we never relied on one out and out goal-scorer, this team i feel does. The likes of Hazard, Oscar, Willian (except Schurrle) don't really have goals in them, so all i ask is that our midfield continue to create chances and hopefully Costa put them away.

Edit: But my God, those headbutts are gonna annoy me and everybody else if he starts missing games, just watch. I'm not big on this whole, having a 'cunt' up top, you can play with an edge without being dirty. He honestly shows signs of not being any better than suarez and his antics. The thing is, he hasn't been 'caught' or punished severely for them.

Hazard definitely has goals in him, he just needs to be more selfish sometimes. He got 18 goals for us last season and even minus the penalties his record would still reach into double figures. Hazard was our top scorer iirc and even in the previous seasons he has proved that he is capable of getting into double figures.

Hazard would have had more last season had we had a striker like Costa whose link up play was good. We did not have that really apart from Eto'o. His goal against Newcastle a perfect example. Now we have Costa, I think that will help Hazard, plus the addition of Luis there will be more of Hazard.

• Like 1