Diego Costa

Spike

What Costa did with Koscielny was a red card offense. Just because the refs didn't see it, doesn't mean we should be praising him. And are you for real? He doesn't have to be fucking injured for Costa's behaviour not to be disgusting.

Today has been a great day for Chelsea I agree, but in a wrong way. It just shows that we couldn't beat Arsenal with 11 men on the pitch without resulting to bad antics. I can't say to my dad, "We are better then you, we beat you fair and square!" If a thief stole hundreds of things from different people, but never gets caught I'm sure you'll be praising the thief. That's what you are.

Any negativity about Costa today from anyone is not bitter. And WTF are you talking about with football being a "contact sport"? It is, but not in a way you are thinking... I mean, if that's the case, then Gabriel shouldn't have been sent off by your logic!

I wasn't praising him for touching Koscienly's face, I simply don't think its a big deal, certainly not big or bad enough to be banned retrospectively.

how on earth does it show we can't beat them with 11 men? you don't know what would have happened if it stayed 11v11 fact is we were the better team before the sending off and should have had a penalty.

and what kind of logic is that? no one said because football is a contact sport, Costa shouldn't have been sent off, the point is these things happen in football, physical altercations happen all the time, I have seen much worse incidents that have gone unpunished, get over it.

Also don't tell me to "man up". I am already "manning up" by telling my Gooner dad and my football friends that what Costa did was wrong and an embarrassment. There were no morals in this club today and at least I'm admitting to that unlike those who will defend everything this club or the player does, even if our player blatantly slaps a player on the face or headbutt the player. Geez.

LOL you are acting like Costa does these things for no reason, we couldn't see everything what happened before that but I am sure the two Arsenal CB's gave as good as they got, they would have been getting physical with Costa both on and off the ball, maybe you would just let a CB bully you, Costa doesn't, so if you want to take the moral high ground and act like you wish all Chelsea players were angels who never dive, foul or argue then that's up to you, but you need to realise football isn't the sport for you, whether you like it or not every team has players who dive, foul a lot, surround referees, asks for players to be booked by waving imaginary yellow cards, time waste and disrespect officials.

So taking the moral high ground makes no sense to me at all, Arsenal players do all of the above like any team, no team is perfect, so keep acting like Costa is a monster if it makes you feel better, and continue to ignore the next time Sanchez dives or the next time Coquelin decides to chop someone down from behind to stop a counter attack, or the next time Arsenal players surround the referee, and the same applies to Chelsea, I hope you now stay consistent and don't contradict yourself, you talk about morals well I expect to see you complain after 90% of our wins this season, as I am sure some of the above things will happen, and I expect you to call out other teams who do these things also and not praise them, we will see.

Football is a contact sport but there always has to be an intent to play the ball. You can't just go around smacking people in the face whenever you feel like it. (can't believe i actually had to type that)

What kind of fucked up logic is that ? Does costa have to break someone's nose before you'd consider it violent conduct ?

No this wasn't a nothing incident. This was violent conduct. He should have been sent off. We were lucky he wasn't and that Gabriel was such an idiot.

100 % sure he's going to get a retrospective ban and that's fully deserved.

you have completely missed the point, I never said its ok to hit people, but these physical altercations happen all the time in football, so no Costa's behaviour wasn't disgusting just foolish, but he gave as good as he got.

it was a nothing incident compared to much worse altercations that have gone unpunished over the years.

wtf are you .. we are talking about acceptable behaviour .. in that respect Torres is several leagues above Costa

So do you class diving, constant fouling, surrounding the referee, waving imaginary cards and disrespecting officials as acceptable behaviour?

Not going to bother about being politically correct. Love that aggression, there are indeed too many nice guys and people too concerned about being friends on the pitch. Fuck that.

He did not score but totally got into those Arsenal players heads. Good enough for me.

Long live Costa

Suarez is a villian. He bites people, cries, moans. He broke Szczesny's finger on Wednesday when he kicked him in his hand when he was holding the ball.

But he's such a brilliant player. I don't care about Diego Costa behaviour as much, it's frustrating and tiresome after a while, but his overall footballing skill is not sufficient. He was going for the record in amount of lost ball in final third, his passing is terrible. How we can construct any attack with him ? Yeah, we saw that last season when 37 years old Drogba has link up play much better and you can play something with him. With Diego you can't. Pin long ball over the top for him and let him use the space but it's not enough. He ruins EVERY bit of attack, it's much much much more frustrating than his antics. We won't be full time great team with him, we want to play possession based football with DC, it's not happening. We're hoping that his passing and hold up play is decent and doesn't turn terrible that day. It's the maximum we can hope of.

As I said, he is another short term solution by the club just like Fabregas. They were available and cheap and could have immediate impact to team's concerns but that's it.

So Gary Neville, Shearer and Les Ferdinand have all said they love how Costa plays, I agree with them! Danny Murphy also agrees that it was just handbags yesterday, I really dont get why people on here try to take the moral high ground when they support Chelsea. Bizarre.

Suarez is a villian. He bites people, cries, moans. He broke Szczesny's finger on Wednesday when he kicked him in his hand when he was holding the ball.

But he's such a brilliant player. I don't care about Diego Costa behaviour as much, it's frustrating and tiresome after a while, but his overall footballing skill is not sufficient. He was going for the record in amount of lost ball in final third, his passing is terrible. How we can construct any attack with him ? Yeah, we saw that last season when 37 years old Drogba has link up play much better and you can play something with him. With Diego you can't. Pin long ball over the top for him and let him use the space but it's not enough. He ruins EVERY bit of attack, it's much much much more frustrating than his antics. We won't be full time great team with him, we want to play possession based football with DC, it's not happening. We're hoping that his passing and hold up play is decent and doesn't turn terrible that day. It's the maximum we can hope of.

As I said, he is another short term solution by the club just like Fabregas. They were available and cheap and could have immediate impact to team's concerns but that's it.

I'm sorry, but i don't follow you.....breaking fingers and biting people is ok, just because Suarez is such a good player?

Costa doesn't hurt anyone on that extent, but his behaviour is not ok because he's not as brilliant?

I think Costa can completely control his behaviour and never goes as far as Suarez. I don't really think Suarez can control his behaviour.

About this whole thing....i don't really have an opinion even, it happens a lot in the sport, or was yesterday's the first football match you lot have seen? What i know for sure is that i was extremely amused with what happened, and on top of that no one even got hurt or anything. Get over it.

I'm sorry, but i don't follow you.....breaking fingers and biting people is ok, just because Suarez is such a good player?

Costa doesn't hurt anyone on that extent, but his behaviour is not ok because he's not as brilliant?

I think Costa can completely control his behaviour and never goes as far as Suarez. I don't really think Suarez can control his behaviour.

About this whole thing....i don't really have an opinion even, it happens a lot in the sport, or was yesterday's the first football match you lot have seen? What i know for sure is that i was extremely amused with what happened, and on top of that no one even got hurt or anything. Get over it.

No, Suarez is a cunt like Diego but you're not as frustrated with him because he makes up with his footballing ability (that assist for Messi against Atletico :o). Diego antics is frustrating but that frustration also matches his constant misplacing simple passes and "dribbling".

Since Costa's bad knee injury in 2011:

Costa - 89 goals in 156 games - 0.57 goals per game

Aguero - 104 goals in 203 games - 0.51 goals per game

And then factor in for one whole season in 2012/13 Costa didn't even play as a striker. But remember Costa isn't world class and Aguero is.

Your information is incorrect. Aguero hasn't even played 200 games for City.

Aguero

11/12: 39 starts + 9 sub apps - 30 goals + 9 assists

12/13: 30 starts + 10 sub apps - 17 goals + 4 assists

13/14: 31 starts + 5 sub apps - 32 goals + 9 assists

14/15: 37 starts + 5 sub apps - 32 goals + 9 assists

Total

137 starts + 29 sub apps - 111 goals + 31 assists

0,81 goals per start (0,67 per game) - 1,04 goals and assists per start (0,86 per game)

http://www.espnfc.com/player/44927/sergio-aguero

Costa

11/12: 15 starts + 1 sub app - 10 goals + 4 assists

12/13: 36 starts + 8 sub apps - 20 goals + 8 assists

13/14: 50 starts + 2 sub apps - 36 goals + 4 assists

14/15: 32 starts + 5 sub apps - 21 goals + 3 assists

(ESPN didn't include his disputed League Cup final goal but I added it to his total)

Total

133 starts + 16 sub apps - 87 goals + 19 assists

0,65 goals per start (0,58 per game) - 0,80 goals and assists per start (0,71 per game)

http://www.espnfc.com/player/95410/diego-costa?season=2014

Only included club apps. ESPN stats are always spot on, because they update it after every game.

I checked it out because I've always known about Aguero's excellent record for City.

Atletico play 4-4-2. Costa played alongside Falcao in 12/13. I know people say he played out wide but those were isolated occasions. He did not play on the wing for a full season, that's a myth. Aguero played alongside Balotelli, Tevez, Dzeko for years. Whether as the true #9 or in a supporting role.

They both have great records.

No, Suarez is a cunt like Diego but you're not as frustrated with him because he makes up with his footballing ability (that assist for Messi against Atletico :o). Diego antics is frustrating but that frustration also matches his constant misplacing simple passes and "dribbling".

I agree with your point, I said something a bit similar before. But the biting is out of control though. An insane thing to do. And he hurt his team(s) with the bans.

Diego is far more controlled. He usually tones down when he's been carded. He must have the eyesight of a hawk though because he gets away with so much. He could've been sent off two or three times in his Chelsea career but refs always seem to miss it.

Either that or they're stupid enough to get intimidated and feel frightened on a football pitch.

Since Costa's bad knee injury in 2011:

Costa - 89 goals in 156 games - 0.57 goals per game

Aguero - 104 goals in 203 games - 0.51 goals per game

And then factor in for one whole season in 2012/13 Costa didn't even play as a striker. But remember Costa isn't world class and Aguero is.

i honestly dont know where you get your stats from, but this is not the first time you have given dubious stats

aguero

2011/12: 48 30 3450

2012/13: 40 17 2702

2013/14: 34 28 2269

2014/15: 42 32 3186

2015/16: 7 1 398

total: 171 games, 108 goals, 12005minutes. 0.63 goals/game. 111 minutes/goal

costa

2011/12: 16 10 1312

2012/13: 43 20 3001

2013/14: 51 36 4141

2014/15: 37 20 2915

2015/16: 7 2 584

total: 154 games, 88 goals, 11953minutes. 0.57goals/game. 135minutes/goal.

also, in the same time span aguero has had 43 assists compared to costa's 33 assists.

so yes, aguero is world class and costa is not.

ps - http://www.transfermarkt.com/sergio-aguero/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/26399/plus//saison/2015

http://www.transfermarkt.com/diego-costa/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/44779/plus//saison/2015

you can verify each and every stat from this page.

Aguero

Total

0,81 goals per start (0,67 per game) - 1,04 goals and assists per start (0,86 per game)

Costa

(ESPN didn't include his disputed League Cup final goal but I added it to his total)

Total

0,65 goals per start (0,58 per game) - 0,80 goals and assists per start (0,71 per game)

Only included club apps. ESPN stats are always spot on, because they update it after every game.

I checked it out because I've always known about Aguero's excellent record for City.

Atletico play 4-4-2. Costa played alongside Falcao in 12/13. I know people say he played out wide but those were isolated occasions. He did not play on the wing for a full season, that's a myth. Aguero played alongside Balotelli, Tevez, Dzeko for years. Whether as the true #9 or in a supporting role.

thank you. i too just posted the same.

Aguero

Total

Costa

Total

yeah I think I included internationals, point still stands though both have great records and only Aguero is considered world class by some on here.

and Costa didn't play as a striker in 2012/13, he either played on the wing or behind Falcao.

so yes, aguero is world class and costa is not.

so my point still stands even your stats don't show much difference between the two, and then factor in Costa hasn't always played as a striker, and hasn't always taken penalties and his record becomes even more impressive.

so yeah Ageuro is world class but Costa isn't.