Diego Costa

Spike

Atletico Madrid will not be making a move for Chelsea striker Diego Costa but they are looking to sell Mario Mandzukic, says Sky Sports' Spanish football expert Guillem Balague.

http://www.football365.com/chelsea/9873077/Diego-Costa-will-not-leave-Chelsea-for-Atletico-Madrid-says-Guillem-Balague?

its probably lazy journalists making rumors up :angry:

Balague insists this would not happen and Atletico would not be able to afford to bring Costa back even if they wanted to.

"Atletico Madrid are not aware at all of that to be the case. In any case a pay cut would still be too much for Atletico Madrid.

"One of the main reasons why Costa left was because of the contract he was going to get at Chelsea. I don’t particularly believe the story. Atletico Madrid are looking for a new striker, they want to sell Mandzukic and they want Villa to go to Villarreal. They are looking for a striker - but not in London."

If I can be so irrational as to speak about what happened on the pitch tonight rather than carry on about rubbish rumours that are quite simply made up:

I thought Diego looked like a completely different player tonight. He was moving just about the best I've seen him since he joined us, and made a couple of fantastic runs through the defence. He looked lively, agile and 'free'. It was almost as if he for once didn't care about picking a fight or getting picked out by the perfect pass, he just thought "I'm going to get the ball, run, and do something with it."

I liked it.

Atletico is a team that just replaces really well.

They lost thibo, costa, and luis and still were a very good team or at least comparable to the season prior.

If vietto goes to atletico, expect him to carry a 50m price tag in a few years...

Really interested to see if both Saul and Torres is going to be key players in the future for the team.

I expect Diego to be on the team until he becomes old and ineffective.

Atletico is a team that just replaces really well.

They lost thibo, costa, and luis and still were a very good team or at least comparable to the season prior.

If vietto goes to atletico, expect him to carry a 50m price tag in a few years...

Really interested to see if both Saul and Torres is going to be key players in the future for the team.

I expect Diego to be on the team until he becomes old and ineffective.

He scored 20 for us this season at the age of 46 so I think he has plenty of longevity in him.

Is that his first interview with the club since the initial one when he joined? Convenient timing. Wouldn't be surprised if Marca runs the headline pharaon suggested. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Last year the same date as today, we signed Costa.

I remember we have to wait quite long for this transfer to be confirmed. Fabregas has signed long before.

This summer, we act quite slow, aren't we? Last summer we get it all done fast.