Diego Costa

Spike

Sure, he stamped on Can, had altercations with Brown and O'Shea etc but can anyone prove that he meant to do what he did?

I don't know what to say.. It's always him who does some nasty shit but he never means it. Spitting, stamping, elbowing - you are right, it can't be proved if it was intentional but I think it's clear that he is often unsportsmanlike. I watched a lot of Atleti games last season and he was nefarious and he still is.

Fucking give over with the 'Us v them' mentality will you.

Posts like this take threads down a different route and you know it. If you want to carry on doing so, the posts will be removed shortly followed by warnings, it's a very simple choice.

You are the one overreacting here. It's a factual statement that some posters deviate from the original argument and never address the point raised. It's not a us vs them mentality. I can only be responsible for what I post but not how you interpret or choose to interpret it, perhaps take your own advice and get over yourself.

You are the one overreacting here. It's a factual statement that some posters deviate from the original argument and never address the point raised. It's not a us vs them mentality. I can only be responsible for what I post but not how you interpret or choose to interpret it, perhaps take your own advice and get over yourself.

By addressing another member with what you said here http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/18470-19-diego-costa/?p=1099082

Is making a 'Us v Them' Mentality it is very simple, which then takes the thread down another avenue. This will be the last that is said on this subject because once again I am telling you to stay on track and relevant to the subject title, and you are still finding it tough. Like I said in my previous post, if you want to carry on then fine, but you have been told.

Should have kept Torres purely for his lack of confrontation, wish Diego would just get smashed about like Ferdinand did to Torres without a whimper in reply

LOOOOLL WHAT!?!?!

Why do football fans always do this whenever they're clearly wrong? Talk about straw man. And Torres was aggressive when he wanted to be. Remember the daft eye scratch on Vertonghen?

Fans will condone just about anything if the player is scoring goals. It's so unnecessarily tribalistic.

No one would be complaining about his behaviour if he didn't pull the same thing off in just about every damn game. Cesc's head punt or Matic's push on Barnes for example were both out of character while Costa's thuggery has been a constant throughout his career. Hopefully he sorts out his behaviour like Wayne Rooney did because if he carries on in this nature it will undoubtedly cost us big time.

But they as 'world-class players' have too many of them.

Fabregas is going AWOL in every big game and is not seen in the second part of the season. 2 features he is repeating for 5th, 6th or 7th time in his career.

And DC has dogshit technique and is pretty much useless when is not in top form. Also is enormously weak in the air for his size.

Many abilities, many flaws as well. They are on the fringe of being world-class and very good players because the sheer WC players don't have such flaws. But I guess for that price you can't have full product.

This Costa is crap unless he scores is an even bigger urban myth than Torres worked hard every game.

LOOOOLL WHAT!?!?!

Why do football fans always do this whenever they're clearly wrong? Talk about straw man. And Torres was aggressive when he wanted to be. Remember the daft eye scratch on Vertonghen?

Fans will condone just about anything if the player is scoring goals. It's so unnecessarily tribalistic.

No one would be complaining about his behaviour if he didn't pull the same thing off in just about every damn game. Cesc's head punt or Matic's push on Barnes for example were both out of character while Costa's thuggery has been a constant throughout his career. Hopefully he sorts out his behaviour like Wayne Rooney did because if he carries on in this nature it will undoubtedly cost us big time.

What constant thuggery is that then?

All he is, is a centre forward who looks after himself....getting involved in tangles, trying to grapple your way out of defenders arm, body, head locks , sledging - giving and receiving, etc etc etc. Its all part of it...football is a contact sport incase you didnt realise that.

Would rather have someone like that up top keeping defence occupied rather than someone who used to hide in corners like Torres or throw themselves onto the ground feigning serious injury every time a defender breathes like Drogba used to.

Look at old footage of proper centre forwards like Peter Osgood, Malcom Macdonald, etc etc. they used to get battered but dished out as well

Costa is clearly a symbol of morality and professionalism. In fact he has to be the front runner for fair play award this year. How can anyone label such a well mannered, matured, cool headed and highly professional player a thug. he's just misunderstood.

Costa is clearly a symbol of morality and professionalism. In fact he has to be the front runner for fair play award this year. How can anyone label such a well mannered, matured, cool headed and highly professional player a thug. he's just misunderstood.

97c8cf9094d712c77284485b4089c167.jpg

It's fair to say that Suarez, aguero etc still manage to play well without resorting to "thuggish" behaviour however they're clearly technically better than Costa. Costa works with the talent he has and in my opinion wouldn't be the player he is without that nasty side to him. Personally. I wouldn't change a thing about him.

It's fair to say that Suarez, aguero etc still manage to play well without resorting to "thuggish" behaviour however they're clearly technically better than Costa. Costa works with the talent he has and in my opinion wouldn't be the player he is without that nasty side to him. Personally. I wouldn't change a thing about him.

You just said Suarez does not resort to thuggery...

So one season away from the PL and people have already forgotten about Suarez's "thuggery"?

You mean the same Suarez that's bitten 3 players / the Aguero that drop kicked David Luiz?!

Yeah sorry was talking about this season. Points still valid.

Suarez didnt even play for almost half a season because of his stupidity.

In past he missed many games after ivanovic bite, evra racist remarks etc.

Aguero, Rvp, Benzema, cavani, Falcao etc...they are not thugish indeed. But with Suarez you completely missed it.

Suarez does it in a very different way. He doesn't have an aggressive style in order to help his play and get under the defenders skin, like Costa does. He just has the odd moment of madness where he seems to lose control. Costa seems very in control and clever the way he goes about it.