Diego Costa

Spike

Just because you don't understand the reason I mention him, doesn't make them idiotic. You say he's only had one good season, I point to another striker who had only one great season. If you can't actually find a valid reason to disagree with that point, don't start crying about it. :cry:

One could counter that the Bundesliga is equally weak as shown by De Bruyne's failure to make it here or Dzeko's failure to bring his goalscoring form to Manchester. One could equally point to how well strikers like Aguero, Negredo and Torres did when coming from La Liga to the Premier League.

Technically Costa has more league goals this season as well. Then there's the playstyles of the two. Costa is a fantastically hard worker, he's strong, he's fast and he does well hitting teams on the counter. Mandzukic is a fine player too, but I simply don't think he's as good a fit for us as Costa is.

Throw in the fact that Costa has a release clause that fits within our budget and you have a better proposition from a rational point of view. You and the Angry Swede can moan about him being a cunt if that makes you feel better though. :beer:

so lets actually go deep into this DD comparision and the awesom reasoning u give. JOSE saw something special in DD. he wanted to buy an unproven striker for a large sum but unfortunately dint have the funds to do that in porto. is that why jose dint buy costa with RM? cos there were no funds? or is that the reason jose dint buy costa for us? cos there were no funds. but wait, we OFFICIALLY had a 30mil deal for rooney rejected. hence what could be the problem? maybe jose does not see the most obvious comparision and similarities that costa has with DD. or (and this is more likly), these comparision are stupid. :wank2::wank2:

or one could look at soldado and forlan (who was a massive flop at united yet such a hit in liga).

yes, there is a point that mario plays for a team that plays exactly a system like ours (4-2-3-1), high pressing. plus any1 who has seen baayern will vouch for his pressing and workrate. also, bayern are LETHAL on counters and again, mario is very integral t that part of their play. add to that the fact that costa's best goalscoring period was in a system that had 2 strikers(him and villa) and that he actually had an average run-in in matches after villa got injured when he had to play as a lone striker. one would ask the question how exactly does costa fit our system better than mario. hmmm,,, interesting?

throw in the fact that costa to chelsea has not been confirmed by the club and hence is simple media bullshit, who by the way also say that we are in for cavani. and taking into account the fact that cavani would actually cost easily more than 50mil, i think we should say that mandzukic too is someone in our budget area. oh well,,,, selective memory here at play too.

so lets actually go deep into this DD comparision and the awesom reasoning u give. JOSE saw something special in DD. he wanted to buy an unproven striker for a large sum but unfortunately dint have the funds to do that in porto. is that why jose dint buy costa with RM? cos there were no funds? or is that the reason jose dint buy costa for us? cos there were no funds. but wait, we OFFICIALLY had a 30mil deal for rooney rejected. hence what could be the problem? maybe jose does not see the most obvious comparision and similarities that costa has with DD. or (and this is more likly), these comparision are stupid. :wank2::wank2:

Costa simply wasn't at the level he is playing at now at the start of the season. He's exploded in the last six months, hence him leaping to the top of the list of strikers we're being linked with (a list that doesn't include Mandzukic in any reputable source). In fact the one team he was very much linked with was Liverpool and Rodgers....a man who seems to know about strikers.

or one could look at soldado and forlan (who was a massive flop at united yet such a hit in liga).

Soldado was simply the wrong striker for Spurs in terms of his workrate and what AVB actually wanted from a striker. Good point on Forlan though.

yes, there is a point that mario plays for a team that plays exactly a system like ours (4-2-3-1), high pressing. plus any1 who has seen baayern will vouch for his pressing and workrate. also, bayern are LETHAL on counters and again, mario is very integral t that part of their play. add to that the fact that costa's best goalscoring period was in a system that had 2 strikers(him and villa) and that he actually had an average run-in in matches after villa got injured when he had to play as a lone striker. one would ask the question how exactly does costa fit our system better than mario. hmmm,,, interesting?

Actually they've played more of a 4141 but again, a relevant point made there. Well done. Mandzukic is a high workrate player, but I simply think that Costa fits our team better.

throw in the fact that costa to chelsea has not been confirmed by the club and hence is simple media bullshit, who by the way also say that we are in for cavani. and taking into account the fact that cavani would actually cost easily more than 50mil, i think we should say that mandzukic too is someone in our budget area. oh well,,,, selective memory here at play too.

Not selective in the slightest. Mandzukic is definitely an option, but one that simply hasn't been linked with us. In fact I've heard nothing from people who I trust that he's even in the discussion. The only people talking about it are you and Angry Swede.

Anyway, agree to disagree.

Costa simply wasn't at the level he is playing at now at the start of the season. He's exploded in the last six months, hence him leaping to the top of the list of strikers we're being linked with (a list that doesn't include Mandzukic in any reputable source). In fact the one team he was very much linked with was Liverpool and Rodgers....a man who seems to know about strikers.

Soldado was simply the wrong striker for Spurs in terms of his workrate and what AVB actually wanted from a striker. Good point on Forlan though.

Actually they've played more of a 4141 but again, a relevant point made there. Well done. Mandzukic is a high workrate player, but I simply think that Costa fits our team better.

Not selective in the slightest. Mandzukic is definitely an option, but one that simply hasn't been linked with us. In fact I've heard nothing from people who I trust that he's even in the discussion. The only people talking about it are you and Angry Swede.

Anyway, agree to disagree.

we were linked with shaw in a bertrand swap. 2 days later bertrand goes out on loan. mou says its rooney or bust, at the end, we not only buy etoo but also willian for 30-32mil. media does what is does best. churn out stories about situations which SEEM to be most obvious. so, i dont think we should take the "linked with" thing seriously. atleast not unless sky/bbc reports it.

as of this moment, costa "seems" to be the most obvious choice for us. hence the stories will come out thick and fast. but what actually happens is very different. u know, i know that.

dude, their was nothing said today that i or you did not say the other day when we literally had the same argument.

hence i dont have a problem in agreeing to disagree.

I don't understand the problem people have with Costa only having one good year? He is now in his prime years which is when you would expect him to start scoring consistently.

Also when he does it for much longer the price only continues to rise! The goals he's scoring make me think he could be the difference between us going out at the q-finals of the CL and making it to the finals. He is scoring unbelievable goals not just tap ins stunning goals...

Don't ask me though I'm of the opinion any striker will do, Costa, Balotelli either would be more than fine.

I don't understand the problem people have with Costa only having one good year? He is now in his prime years which is when you would expect him to start scoring consistently.

Also when he does it for much longer the price only continues to rise! The goals he's scoring make me think he could be the difference between us going out at the q-finals of the CL and making it to the finals. He is scoring unbelievable goals not just tap ins stunning goals...

Don't ask me though I'm of the opinion any striker will do, Costa, Balotelli either would be more than fine.

Because there is always a possibility that he's a flash in the pan. Right now he's in that rare form where everything is going for him and that's tough to maintain.

Personally I like what he offers all round though. He has a fight in him that will be useful for us even if he isn't scoring regularly, a bit like Drogba brought in his time here although there is a worry that it might come out in less helpful ways though. But you're spot on about this being when you want to buy strikers, when they're in the ascendency and still have potential rather than looking at established guys (Shevchenko, Torres....even Crespo) who have already peaked.

Because there is always a possibility that he's a flash in the pan. Right now he's in that rare form where everything is going for him and that's tough to maintain.

Personally I like what he offers all round though. He has a fight in him that will be useful for us even if he isn't scoring regularly, a bit like Drogba brought in his time here although there is a worry that it might come out in less helpful ways though. But you're spot on about this being when you want to buy strikers, when they're in the ascendency and still have potential rather than looking at established guys (Shevchenko, Torres....even Crespo) who have already peaked.

You could say that about any striker in our 30M price range. Hell you can say that about strikers in the 50M range... There are no sure things or guarantees.

Pretty much agree with everything else though

People were bashing Danny for being a selfish cunt, and now people want to bring in one of those.

I'm laughing my arse off.

People were bashing Danny for being a selfish cunt, and now people want to bring in one of those.

I'm laughing my arse off.

I never once bashed Sturridge. I striker is supposed to be selfish most of the moves are fashioned for them to get the final touch anyways.

You guys kill me you're screaming for a striker and when the options are presented you're screaming about who they are.

Who do you want?

I never once bashed Sturridge. I striker is supposed to be selfish most of the moves are fashioned for them to get the final touch anyways.

You guys kill me you're screaming for a striker and when the options are presented you're screaming about who they are.

Who do you want?

Who do I WANT? I would like to have Cavani, Zlatan... maybe even Messi. Or Suarez.

What I WANT isnt always what I GET.

I do however NOT want a cunt like Costa in "my" team. And especially not someone like Balotelli !

Apparently Atletico is interested in Lukaku according to some rumor. Lukaku+£10m for Costa is good imo.

No, we need both. We have the money to release Costa, so we should not be tempted to include Lukaku in the deal to make it cheaper for us. We might well lose all of our current strikers in summer. What is the point of letting go of the only one who actually knows the club alread just because some club is coincidentally interested in him. IMO our objective should always first to sign without any unnecessary add-ons and only do swap deals if we have a profit from it, or the situation forces it (e.g. the Cole-Gallas deal or a potential Torres-whoever but please somebody swap). Lukaku has the potential to become at least as good as Costa. swapping him now would be extremely short-sighted.