Diego Costa

Spike

Still 5 goals in 16 appearances over two seasons isn't exactly brilliant. There is always the chance he's another Dzeko who fails to replicate his form in the Premier League.

Of course Costa could be the same, but Atletico strikers seem to travel well (Aguero and Torres).

when he was actually good :ph34r:

Don't think he has scored a single goal from outside the box yet, he is really similar to Soldado in Valencia.

he is technically better than Soldado. he is working way more for the team, he is phyiscally better and his positioning is way better. He is a goal proacher yes, not a striker who is creating chances by himself, but he has a brilliant technique for a poacher.

Costa hasnt scored many goals outside the box too. But I agree, that he would be more fitting for Joses plans. Question is, if we are ready to pay 40 m Euros and if he is ready to move on, as Atletico are really good this season and he has a strong bond with Simeone

oh and by the looks of it, you could also say that ribery is overrated and probably robben too. really logical to judge a player by 1 game. maybe you look up Mandzukics stats?

Costa is a good striker. dont think that he is worth 32 m though. but seems to be our only realistic target...

I watched him play a lot and he's not what we want, trust me. He'll just be a dud here. Once Lewa joins them, he'll drop to the bench or be sold. And stats mean fuck all when you're the striker for a team that destroys the opposition by 4,5,6, goals almost every game.

I watched this game for scouting purpose. I don't like him as a person but Costa is twice better than Mario "Overrated clubhouse cancer" Balotelli. And actually it's not like Balo is much younger or anything. He's 23 and playing somewhat decent in 2nd tier league that is Serie A while Costa is tearing up the best league in the world.

I watched this game for scouting purpose. I don't like him as a person but Costa is twice better than Mario "Overrated clubhouse cancer" Balotelli. And actually it's not like Balo is much younger or anything. He's 23 and playing somewhat decent in 2nd tier league that is Serie A while Costa is tearing up the best league in the world.

Let's not get carried away here.

We would be fine with either striker they both do things at a very good level.

I watched him play a lot and he's not what we want, trust me. He'll just be a dud here. Once Lewa joins them, he'll drop to the bench or be sold. And stats mean fuck all when you're the striker for a team that destroys the opposition by 4,5,6, goals almost every game.

he was already great for Wolfsburg, when they won the league, who did not smash opponents away. Lewa is another type of striker who Pep prefers. but just look how Mandzukic has established himself in the line-up. Pep at first did not want to play him (look at their pre-season) but than realized, that Mandzukic is to important and that such a presence is needed. NObody at Bayern doubts his qualities.

Also he is often scoring the 1st or 2nd goals and not the 4th or 5th.

But as I said, I would prefer Costa too, but both options should be assesed as they are better than what we have at the moment.

Took both goals well last night. There isn't much choice of striker in the market right now and I am still not sold fully on Costa.

actually i feel there will be a choice.

costa is definitely one of them.

rvp is creating a massive ruckus. and if united dont have CL, he might very well want to leave.

mandzukic is another option. with lewa coming in, his playtime is going to reduce drastically.

then their are splash the money and get them strikers in benzema (if suarez comes to RM) and falcao.

so there are options.

actually i feel there will be a choice.

costa is definitely one of them.

rvp is creating a massive ruckus. and if united dont have CL, he might very well want to leave.

mandzukic is another option. with lewa coming in, his playtime is going to reduce drastically.

then their are splash the money and get them strikers in benzema (if suarez comes to RM) and falcao.

so there are options.

RVP is injury-prone. Being 31 in August isn't going to help that.

Mandzukic has 5 goals in two seasons in the Champions League.

Costa has 7 goals this season in the Champions League

Torres has 6 goals in two season in the Champions League (and in about half the appearances of Mandzukic).

Falcao is coming off an ACL injury that he's actually trying to rush back from.

Benzema probably isn't going anywhere.

RVP is injury-prone. Being 31 in August isn't going to help that.

Mandzukic has 5 goals in two seasons in the Champions League.

Costa has 7 goals this season in the Champions League

Torres has 6 goals in two season in the Champions League (and in about half the appearances of Mandzukic).

Falcao is coming off an ACL injury that he's actually trying to rush back from.

Benzema probably isn't going anywhere.

oh god!!! again??

since you really like to repeat the same things over and over again, i think i will start doing to same

COSTA ONE GOOD SEASON EVER!!!!

also now we are down to selectively counting goals in a particular competition. forget that mandxukic is the bundesliga highest scorer and an integral part of the team that won the CL and every other competition they played in last season. seems fair!!!

oh god!!! again??

since you really like to repeat the same things over and over again, i think i will start doing to same

COSTA ONE GOOD SEASON EVER!!!!

also now we are down to selectively counting goals in a particular competition. forget that mandxukic is the bundesliga highest scorer and an integral part of the team that won the CL and every other competition they played in last season. seems fair!!!

Well the Champions League is the only competition both have actually competed in so it seemed like a fair comparison. Costa may have had one great season but that isn't a particularly good barometer for judging how a player will do for us. Drogba only had one good season before joining us whereas Shevchenko had many good seasons.

Mandzukic may well be the highest scorer in the Bundesliga, but so what? He's one goal ahead of Adrian Ramos.....who the fuck is he? Kiessling was the top scorer last season, a striker so mediocre that I can't even be bothered to work out how to do the correct spelling of his name on my keyboard. Before him it Haha Huntelaar, Gomez.....and then the almighty Edin Dzeko, a striker who has failed to replicate his Bundesliga form in one of the best teams in the Premier League.

Face it, Mandzukic's record in the Champions League is underwhelming. Less goals in two seasons and TRIPLE the appearances of Costa is poor whichever way you want to slice it. Mandzukic isn't the striker anyone at this club wants, he's just the striker that people who think Costa is a cunt want and that is the most pathetic 'reasoning' out there. :rolleyes:

Well the Champions League is the only competition both have actually competed in so it seemed like a fair comparison. Costa may have had one great season but that isn't a particularly good barometer for judging how a player will do for us. Drogba only had one good season before joining us whereas Shevchenko had many good seasons.

Mandzukic may well be the highest scorer in the Bundesliga, but so what? He's one goal ahead of Adrian Ramos.....who the fuck is he? Kiessling was the top scorer last season, a striker so mediocre that I can't even be bothered to work out how to do the correct spelling of his name on my keyboard. Before him it Haha Huntelaar, Gomez.....and then the almighty Edin Dzeko, a striker who has failed to replicate his Bundesliga form in one of the best teams in the Premier League.

Face it, Mandzukic's record in the Champions League is underwhelming. Less goals in two seasons and TRIPLE the appearances of Costa is poor whichever way you want to slice it. Mandzukic isn't the striker anyone at this club wants, he's just the striker that people who think Costa is a cunt want and that is the most pathetic 'reasoning' out there. :rolleyes:

again with the DD comparision. FML. dude, if u r running out of things to say then dont. dont bring up idiotic, no good comparison which in no way helps costa's acquisition for us.

highst goal scorer in PL but so what???? hahahahahahahahahaha... LOL... hhahahaha... oh god, such vain arguments. but yes, costa's 20 odd goals courtesy of his 3-4 good months in LA-liga where the defence is anonymous for atleast half the teams is simply something that cant be compared.

did

u see the bloody group that ATM had in CL? zenit qualified with 6 points!!! 6 points!!! thats how pathetic ATMs group was. porto were abysmal, and who was th 4th team??? i would rather take his record over a period of 2 seasons than in one competition. the only thing that pathetic is u trying to prove to me that costa is better than mario cos he has more goals in 1 competion. LOL

again with the DD comparision. FML. dude, if u r running out of things to say then dont. dont bring up idiotic, no good comparison which in no way helps costa's acquisition for us.

Just because you don't understand the reason I mention him, doesn't make them idiotic. You say he's only had one good season, I point to another striker who had only one great season. If you can't actually find a valid reason to disagree with that point, don't start crying about it. :cry:

highst goal scorer in PL but so what???? hahahahahahahahahaha... LOL... hhahahaha... oh god, such vain arguments. but yes, costa's 20 odd goals courtesy of his 3-4 good months in LA-liga where the defence is anonymous for atleast half the teams is simply something that cant be compared.

One could counter that the Bundesliga is equally weak as shown by De Bruyne's failure to make it here or Dzeko's failure to bring his goalscoring form to Manchester. One could equally point to how well strikers like Aguero, Negredo and Torres did when coming from La Liga to the Premier League.

u see the bloody group that ATM had in CL? zenit qualified with 6 points!!! 6 points!!! thats how pathetic ATMs group was. porto were abysmal, and who was th 4th team??? i would rather take his record over a period of 2 seasons than in one competition. the only thing that pathetic is u trying to prove to me that costa is better than mario cos he has more goals in 1 competion. LOL

Technically Costa has more league goals this season as well. Then there's the playstyles of the two. Costa is a fantastically hard worker, he's strong, he's fast and he does well hitting teams on the counter. Mandzukic is a fine player too, but I simply don't think he's as good a fit for us as Costa is.

Throw in the fact that Costa has a release clause that fits within our budget and you have a better proposition from a rational point of view. You and the Angry Swede can moan about him being a cunt if that makes you feel better though. :beer: