Diego Costa

Spike

It's a chat messenger mascots, called 'Line' from Japan, a Whatsapp like application. Maybe Costa become their ambassador or something.

DON'T. Please don't explain it to me. I only read the first 4 words of that post. I don't want to know. The fact that I can literally make no sense at all of that photo is exactly what makes it epic! :lol:

Almost pisses me off a bit that since Diego doesn't dribble past 3 players and score 30 yard screamers like Suarez or Aguero or Sanchez he doesn't seem to get a lot of praise by the media. They just say things like "yeah, he's a great finisher," but they never really talk about his all around game.

Only person I see consistently giving Costa some love is Gary Lineker. One of the few who can appreciate him.

DON'T. Please don't explain it to me. I only read the first 4 words of that post. I don't want to know. The fact that I can literally make no sense at all of that photo is exactly what makes it epic! :lol:

you said, "don't ask" not "don't tell me" :P

my apologize to ruin it, lol

I love this guy. I fucking LOVE this guy. I asked a known* swedish united fan today: "Who is the best striker in the world?" He replyed: "Diego Costa, because he slaughter ever defender, score goals for fun and make space for all other Chelsea attackers.

*Knows swedish united fan = Writes for a swedish United page.

He's a poacher, exacly what we've been missing the last seasons. Just an old fashion striker who puts the ball in the net, doesnt have to do any fancy stuff. We wingers who do that :)

He's much more than a poacher, as you can see by his great assist for Oscar's goal.

Chances created in the penalty area this season (up or down on last season).

Man City 11.8 (up 0.1)

Arsenal 9.2 (up 0.5)

Chelsea 9.2 (down 0.7)

West Ham 8.7 (up 2.0)

Southampton 8.4 (up 0.5)

Liverpool 8.3 (down 1.5)

Man Utd 7.5 (down 1.4)

QPR 7.4 (promoted)

Stoke 7.3 (up 1.4)

Newcastle 7.0 (down 0.1)

Credit to fabregas for making our chances more clear-cut, and Costa for providing finishing of the highest level.

We're making less chances because we can actually fucking take them now.

Like all strikers, Diego will blow hot and cold and whilst he will have little streaks like now (four goals in three games) and when he first joined (seven in four), he will also go weeks without goals. However you'd back him four times in five to stick the ball in the back of the net. With Torres, I would normally put money on him missing. Him scoring used to come as a surprise.

Diego is the best possible striker we could have bought. Well done to Mourinho and the boys who made this transfer come to fruition. We have our striker for the next 5/6 years and he will easily score more than 100 goals for this club. He already has 17 in 25 games, ffs.

Using this to once again post the footballing brain that is His Highness Didi Hamann's pronouncements back in August :

"Costa is overrated. He had a couple of good years for Atlético Madrid, but his biggest asset is his physicality and while he could bully defenders in Spain, in England they will not be scared of him; as we saw at the World Cup, he is not a ball-playing striker. He was badly found out for Spain. They should have kept Samuel Eto'o for another season and I do not see Diego Costa offering them much."

That's not all ...

"Cesc Fábregas is obviously a very good signing. I played against him a few times and he is gifted. But is he dominant enough to change Chelsea's style? Can he do that on his own? Has he got the players around him to bring out the best in him? I am not so sure."

But wait, there's more ...

"Forget about Chelsea, I have a feeling that Van Gaal's United will be the biggest threat to City."

Fascinating. Go on, Didi ...

"I am happy with the players Liverpool have signed, although they still need a centre-forward. Lambert and Adam Lallana have shown they can play in the Premier League; Emre Can and Lazar Markovic still have to do that but they are very exciting. Dejan Lovren will also improve the Liverpool defence, although the criticism of them was too harsh last season. They have moved to strengthen the full-back positions and are better defensively than people make out."

Okay, one more ...

"Arsenal look like the best London team"

He was an average footballer at best and an even worse pundit, but this is comedy gold, like something ripped from a thread off RAWK.

Using this to once again post the footballing brain that is His Highness Didi Hamann's pronouncements back in August :

"Costa is overrated. He had a couple of good years for Atlético Madrid, but his biggest asset is his physicality and while he could bully defenders in Spain, in England they will not be scared of him; as we saw at the World Cup, he is not a ball-playing striker. He was badly found out for Spain. They should have kept Samuel Eto'o for another season and I do not see Diego Costa offering them much."

That's not all ...

"Cesc Fábregas is obviously a very good signing. I played against him a few times and he is gifted. But is he dominant enough to change Chelsea's style? Can he do that on his own? Has he got the players around him to bring out the best in him? I am not so sure."

But wait, there's more ...

"Forget about Chelsea, I have a feeling that Van Gaal's United will be the biggest threat to City."

Fascinating. Go on, Didi ...

"I am happy with the players Liverpool have signed, although they still need a centre-forward. Lambert and Adam Lallana have shown they can play in the Premier League; Emre Can and Lazar Markovic still have to do that but they are very exciting. Dejan Lovren will also improve the Liverpool defence, although the criticism of them was too harsh last season. They have moved to strengthen the full-back positions and are better defensively than people make out."

Okay, one more ...

"Arsenal look like the best London team"

Shocking stuff!