Diego Costa

Spike

You guys are unbelievable.

If he scores, then he's one of top 5 strikers in the world, absolute gem etc etc.

Two days later, if he doesn't score, then he's back on being absolutely useless and shitty.

Sometimes you really act like spoiled brats on this forum, it's quite annoying.

At least edit your post to say some members, don't generalise without reading the majority of the posts etc.

Saying what I said for a while now not just because he didn't score today and had a poor game

No one said he is shit striker or something. We all know he is still our best striker option for this season, whatever we said. Criticize when he needs to be criticized. Praise him when he is deserve to be praised. Same scenario applied to other players like Oscar, Willian, Mikel, Schurrle, etc. Why not to Costa.

It's not about criticizing or not criticizing, it's about the way some people criticize. Saying so categorical things with so exaggerated and mean words, like "abysmal", "useless", "shitty". I swear sometimes reading this forum you would think you are speaking with Leicesters supporter. Damn. Chelsea is first in BPL, on its way for a 92 points season, I don't think there is any place for useless or shitty players in such a team. But yet, some people on this forum find nearly as many reasons to complain about the team than reasons to praise it. It's unbelievable in my opinion, and sooooo disrespectful of fans of smaller teams who would die to have the shitty players some people shit on day after day. Yes, even Schurrle and Obi Mikel who sound like, if we listen to what's being said on this forum, the shittiest footballer you can find in the whole world. That's what I call acting like spoiled brat.

As for Costa particularly, actually I don't care if he has scored 13 or not, that's what I was saying. I kind of despise the people reacting epidermically to every one of his games, the only criteria for analysis seemingly being whether he has scored or not. It doesn't show much football intelligence for those people, in my opinion.

It's no coincidence I used in my last post twice the word "absolutely". Because some people say he is "absolutely abysmall at hold-up play" for example. Well that's completely crazy... "Absolutely" means impervious to time... But those same people who say he is "absolutely" abysmall will say a few weeks later, if he scores a hattrick, that Costa is a top striker. It's ludicrous.

Then you have to stop being so impassioned when you write on a forum. The language you are talking about is usually attributed to the mood the forum is in following a result.

Even if Courtois concedes three goals like he did at Everton, because he made a stunning save from Mirallas and we still won the game, he gets next to no criticism.

If we'd have lost that game 3-0, conversely, he'd have been torn to pieces. The same applies to every player. If a player has an average game, there won't be any posts at all in his squad profile thread. If he has a good game, he's "absolutely" brilliant. If he is sub-par, he is "absolutely" shit. You just need to chill and let the people who need to get things off their chest spout their rubbish.

It's not about criticizing or not criticizing, it's about the way some people criticize. Saying so categorical things with so exaggerated and mean words, like "abysmal", "useless", "shitty". I swear sometimes reading this forum you would think you are speaking with Leicesters supporter. Damn. Chelsea is first in BPL, on its way for a 92 points season, I don't think there is any place for useless or shitty players in such a team. But yet, some people on this forum find nearly as many reasons to complain about the team than reasons to praise it. It's unbelievable in my opinion, and sooooo disrespectful of fans of smaller teams who would die to have the shitty players some people shit on day after day. Yes, even Schurrle and Obi Mikel who sound like, if we listen to what's being said on this forum, the shittiest footballer you can find in the whole world. That's what I call acting like spoiled brat.

As for Costa particularly, actually I don't care if he has scored 13 or not, that's what I was saying. I kind of despise the people reacting epidermically to every one of his games, the only criteria for analysis seemingly being whether he has scored or not. It doesn't show much football intelligence for those people, in my opinion.

It's no coincidence I used in my last post twice the word "absolutely". Because some people say he is "absolutely abysmall at hold-up play" for example. Well that's completely crazy... "Absolutely" means impervious to time... But those same people who say he is "absolutely" abysmall will say a few weeks later, if he scores a hattrick, that Costa is a top striker. It's ludicrous.

This group certainly likes adjectives and adverbs.

Costa's all round game is lacking and that much is obvious to everyone. The sheer frequency at which attacking momentum breaks down at his feet is staggering. I have seen average strikers with significantly better hold up and link up play. At this level, its unacceptable not to have the confidence in your striker's ability to bring others into play.

When he scores snd we win, his flaws can be overlooked but when he doesn't, he has no reedeming features to fall back on and you need more than goals from your srriker at this level. Very frustrating player to watch

He is lacking an aerial presence though, that's his biggest weakness imo. He's very poor in the air considering his size and physicality.

He's decent with his head in the penalty box but not outside it, very rarely does he win any long balls.

Costa's all round game is lacking and that much is obvious to everyone. The sheer frequency at which attacking momentum breaks down at his feet is staggering. I have seen average strikers with significantly better hold up and link up play. At this level, its unacceptable not to have the confidence in your striker's ability to bring others into play.

When he scores snd we win, his flaws can be overlooked but when he doesn't, he has no reedeming features to fall back on and you need more than goals from your srriker at this level. Very frustrating player to watch

Watch the West Ham game and tell me his link up and hold up play wasn't great in that game.

No other poster I so consistently disagree with more than lionsden.

Costa, when when in good form, has excellent link up play and can hold the ball up as well as any striker in Europe. He can look a bit clumsy on the ball when he's trying to run at defenders and beat a man with his dribbling but hold up play is one of his biggest strengths.

In one of those stupid stats things I've read around, it said that Aguero was the most dispossessed striker in the league. So what now, his hold up play and link up play are shitty because he's the most dispossessed or is he just a crappy striker because of it? As the mate above said, strikers are definitely the most dispossessed players because many times they find themselves isolated against 2 or more opposition players.

He's been having up and downs as any other player - if we consider this is his first year in a league way above any other physically, I think he's been incredible. It's not easy for a striker to adapt to English football and he seems to have played in England since birth. So why don't we cut the guy some slack? He's been crucial to our position in the table, to many matches we won. I do agree on the aerial threat (both in and out of the box) as being one of the areas he needs improvement the most, I do agree he can improve his link up some, but it isn't bad, but I think his hold up is actually pretty good already.

this.

His hold-up play has been miles better than Ba's or Torres's and not worse than Remy's or Drogba's.

Costa despite not as gifted has been almost on par with Agüero in terms of goals+influence on his team and in his first season in English football. He has already scored about as many goals as Agüero scored in his first whole season in English football.

At the beginning of the season I predicted him to score 20-25 goals in the league which is exactly what he will do and exactly what we bought him for. Drogba had his highest scoring seasons with 29 and 32. We should give Costa as much time.

This might be the most ignorant post I have ever seen.

1. Every striker in the world has plays broken up at his feet because he's usually going against two centerbacks. I've seen Zlatan, Suarez, Aguero, even Messi have multiple attacks break down at their feet, do they all have poor all around games?

2. Yes, some strikers have better link up play, but Costa brings more than just that, his physiciality, workrate, determination, and ability to harass opponents along with holding up play make him an above average striker.

3. 13 goals in 18 games isn't enough? Aguero has 14 and took 4 penalties, that was the dumbest thing I've ever seen you say.

Some fans just will never be happy, we had Fernando FUCKING Torres for 4 years, and now you criticize Costa? Obviously he was gonna slow down from the blistering pace he was on, he got injured and the league adapted to him, somewhat. He'll still bag 20+ goals and without him we'll win nothing. Criticize him for certain performances, not for his season so far.

Are we so fucking spoiled that after so many years without a proper striker we are already starting to question Diego Costa after 4 months despite the fact that he's a great match for us and his adaptation to the league couldn't have been more perfect? That's sad.