Diego Costa

Spike

Yes, I did read your post where u start by reminding everyone about costa's wonderful stats. But the point is that stats can be heavily misleading. Stats can't account for the difference in league, difference in style of play and even difference in class and level. Even lukaku scored 17 goals for wba last season before being shipped out on loan to everton. That is how useless stats can be somwtimes. Also my "comparision" to torres was SOLELY on your stats point. Infact that was the only part of your post I even quoted. So probably u need to understand better what people are tending to say.

Going to other parts of your post. Costa has "brute strength" but I honestly have never seen him use it. If anythin, he goes down far far far too easily under any contact. So how can his "physicality" even be a good point in his argumwnt as a chelsea striker is beyond me. His heading, workrate and definitely link up play simply is not as good as mandzukic while his finishing might be equal. So how is he better than mandzukic.

As for his comparison with cavani, please don't even go there. Not even close.

You really need to work on your analytical skill. Your arguments seem more based on a perceived dislike on Costa than anything else, for they are not very accurate.

First of all, the stats of Costa are if anything better than they appear. In difference to Torres who was the star striker of Liverpool which was a top team, Costa has not even played a full season as a first choice striker in a team challenging for the top. Instead, he played one full season in Rayo, which is a rather poor team, and one season as a wide player in support of Falcao.

You could compare that to a Torres playing one of those seasons in Stoke, and another as a wide forward.

In terms of his brute strength, you really need to follow a few more of his games. If you claim to do so and yet still keep saying that you have never seen him use it than I honestly do not know what to tell you. Just watch any random youtube compilation of his goals and you will see how he is often powering through two defenders thanks to his strength as much as anything before he scores. See how he at corners just mangles the ball in even though he has a stronger defender next to himself.

In the last game against Real he also got through the defence more than once through a combination of technique and strength.

In terms of a comparison to Mandzukic, I would say that they are close in terms of where they are right now, but I prefer Costa as I feel that he makes a mark on most games while the earlier goes missing during periods of time. Besides, Mandzukic plays in a much better team which is always making it easier to show of your good sides. When you play with virtuosos such as Muller, Ribery, Robben or Kroos it is much easier to provide good link-up play. Costa have good players on his team as well, but nowhere the level of those from Bayern.

When it comes to Cavani it is again you who fail to understand what I wrote. It was never a straight up comparison between players, but between the prices of the two.

Cavani is the better player in my opinion, but he is likely to cost close to the double. I do not rate him as twice as good as Costa.

Just so summarize, Costa has shown himself to have the attributes to succeed. That you have missed his physical strength does in no way mean that it is not there. His stats (which are a part of the analysis required when considering a player) are very good. His workrate is excellent.

I feel that I have made myself clear, if you disagree than do so, but you have provided little evidence to support your case. Referring to what "might happen" or what "happened to another purchase" that evidently had different circumstances is not good enough.

You might ask what evidence I have presented. The answer is that his stats are available in many places, and that you can see the real thing every week. His performance on the pitch is supporting my conclusion, not yours.

And if Costa is such average striker why did both Spain and Brazil fight for him?

Spain really didnt fight for Costa, they only did it so Brazil couldnt have him!

And Brazil only wanted Costa because our striker options are absolutely horrible. Even mighty England has better strikers than us, it's pathetic!

You really need to work on your analytical skill. Your arguments seem more based on a perceived dislike on Costa than anything else, for they are not very accurate.

First of all, the stats of Costa are if anything better than they appear. In difference to Torres who was the star striker of Liverpool which was a top team, Costa has not even played a full season as a first choice striker in a team challenging for the top. Instead, he played one full season in Rayo, which is a rather poor team, and one season as a wide player in support of Falcao.

You could compare that to a Torres playing one of those seasons in Stoke, and another as a wide forward.

In terms of his brute strength, you really need to follow a few more of his games. If you claim to do so and yet still keep saying that you have never seen him use it than I honestly do not know what to tell you. Just watch any random youtube compilation of his goals and you will see how he is often powering through two defenders thanks to his strength as much as anything before he scores. See how he at corners just mangles the ball in even though he has a stronger defender next to himself.

In the last game against Real he also got through the defence more than once through a combination of technique and strength.

In terms of a comparison to Mandzukic, I would say that they are close in terms of where they are right now, but I prefer Costa as I feel that he makes a mark on most games while the earlier goes missing during periods of time. Besides, Mandzukic plays in a much better team which is always making it easier to show of your good sides. When you play with virtuosos such as Muller, Ribery, Robben or Kroos it is much easier to provide good link-up play. Costa have good players on his team as well, but nowhere the level of those from Bayern.

When it comes to Cavani it is again you who fail to understand what I wrote. It was never a straight up comparison between players, but between the prices of the two.

Cavani is the better player in my opinion, but he is likely to cost close to the double. I do not rate him as twice as good as Costa.

Just so summarize, Costa has shown himself to have the attributes to succeed. That you have missed his physical strength does in no way mean that it is not there. His stats (which are a part of the analysis required when considering a player) are very good. His workrate is excellent.

I feel that I have made myself clear, if you disagree than do so, but you have provided little evidence to support your case. Referring to what "might happen" or what "happened to another purchase" that evidently had different circumstances is not good enough.

You might ask what evidence I have presented. The answer is that his stats are available in many places, and that you can see the real thing every week. His performance on the pitch is supporting my conclusion, not yours.

Oh dear god!!!

First of all what performance??? This year he has had what a 4 goals in 10 odd matches. He started the season with a bang and with the villa injury and now ATM thenselvrs going off the boil, it seems so has he.

Also please do tell me how his stats are BETTER. Playing in la liga where SOLDADO scored 25 goals last season is bettet than playing for chelsea in PL? Before u give your nonsensical argument of torres being a top striker in a top club, I would like to point out that ATM n chelsea both finiahed 3rd in their respective leagues. And if u think that its not fair to costa cos he played last season as a winger due to falcao then pleaee don't bring up those stats cos wr had a striker who playef wide, scored goals but then sold him too to buy BA. So how exactly is costa's stats better.

Also watch yiutube compilations. Seriously!!! I saw one the other day which made mikel look like messi. Costa might be strong but he prefers to go down rather easily than put his physicality to use. Anyone who disputes that needs to watch him closely. Infact lets see the match thus weekend and see exactly how many times he would just fall over while trying to hold up the ball.

Eden, oscar, schurrle and willian PROVED themselves to be as good as ribery, muller, robben. Infact in the coming years these guys will only get better ans better and might very well be better than the bayern trio. Bayern played a very similar style to what we are playing now. 4-2-3-1, high pressing, high energy, system. Mandzukic has already shown that he is a GREAT fit for that system.

What evidence??? Costa has had 1 good season as a CF. one!!!! Even benteke has probably had more (LOL). He is a good striker but no where near the level u r hyping him up to be.

Also please do tell me how his stats are BETTER. Playing in la liga where SOLDADO scored 25 goals last season is bettet than playing for chelsea in PL?

That is a really poor argument.

Aguero, Torres (when he joined Liverpool), Negredo is all I'll say.

Dear god, this is so silly.
Almost every striker has gone through a drought. it does not automatically make them poor. Costa has played on a high level for the past three seasons.
I do not understand why you are bringing up Sturridge suddenly, first of all the comparison was between Torres & Costa, second of all Sturridge has shown himself to be an excellent striker.
What does the League positions of the two teams have to do with anything?
Soldado scored a lot of goals because Valencia played in a way that suited him. He was very good at a certain thing, a thing he has not been allowed to do at Spurs. It has very little to do with how good either league is.

When it comes to the comparison between Stoke and Atletico you are really trying my patience. I thought it was very very obvious that the comparison was between Stoke and Rayo (and before you again misunderstand the comparison, it was about league positions, not style of play).
When it comes to youtube compilations you are such a walking cliché. I am not talking about some speed/camera-edited masterpieces, but merely normal videos showing Costa scoring goals. There is nothing to add there, you only need to see how he acted when he scored.
He goes down easily at times, but most of the time it is when he realizes that he has lost the duel, at which point he is doing a last-ditch effort to win the ball through other means.

If you think our offensive midfield is as good as Bayern's then you are dreaming. They sure have the potential, but except Hazard they still have a way to go.

Anyway, I am done talking to you. You keep making assumptions based on nothing else but your own opinion and you keep misunderstanding what I am writing (first about Cavani, and now about Stoke). Costa has a great record and will be the perfect purchase for Chelsea (and just to be clear, this is my opinion based on what I have seen for the past two seasons, not based on 5-6 games in which he has/hasnt scored).

He wasn't comparing ATM to Stoke, he was comparing Rayo to Stoke.

My bad.

But how is that different from lukaku scoring 17 goals for wba and yet most of the people saying that it was for a weaker team hence its not the same. Add to that the fact that la liga defensively is poor plus the gap of level between top teams and lower team is just immense there.

Almost every striker has gone through a drought. it does not automatically make them poor. Costa has played on a high level for the past three seasons.

I do not understand why you are bringing up Sturridge suddenly, first of all the comparison was between Torres & Costa, second of all Sturridge has shown himself to be an excellent striker.

Soldado scored a lot of goals because Valencia played in a way that suited him. He was very good at a certain thing, a thing he has not been allowed to do at Spurs. It has very little to do with how good either league is.

When it comes to the comparison between Stoke and Atletico you are really trying my patience. I thought it was very very obvious that the comparison was between Stoke and Rayo (and before you again misunderstand the comparison, it was about league positions, not style of play).

When it comes to youtube compilations you are such a walking cliché. I am not talking about some speed/camera-edited masterpieces, but merely normal videos showing Costa scoring goals. There is nothing to add there, you only need to see how he acted when he scored.

He goes down easily at times, but most of the time it is when he realizes that he has lost the duel, at which point he is doing a last-ditch effort to win the ball through other means.

If you think our offensive midfield is as good as Bayern's then you are dreaming. They sure have the potential, but except Hazard they still have a way to go.

Anyway, I am done talking to you. You keep making assumptions based on nothing else but your own opinion and you keep misunderstanding what I am writing (first about Cavani, and now about Stoke). Costa has a great record and will be the perfect purchase for Chelsea (and just to be clear, this is my opinion based on what I have seen for the past two seasons, not based on 5-6 games in which he has/hasnt scored).

The only thing I disagree with you here, if I may, is the point about Hazard. He is growing by the hour, but he is yet to show his consistency. But as far as talent I agree.

My bad.

But how is that different from lukaku scoring 17 goals for wba and yet most of the people saying that it was for a weaker team hence its not the same. Add to that the fact that la liga defensively is poor plus the gap of level between top teams and lower team is just immense there.

Dude you talk about La Liga like it is some amateur league. It has some really good sides in it. The EPL is stronger, but the gap is not that great like you seem to think.

My bad on on the rayo mix up.

But what highest level are u talking about. His stint in rayo was as good as lukaku's in wba. 17 goals and then loaned out. His last year in ATM was playing second fiddle to falcao on the wing. Hence he has had One good season at the highest level as a CF. The comparision with players is to prove a point which u simply don't seem to be getting. Add to that the fact that ATM play nothing like us. They play a systen in which the strikers (villa and costa) are the main men and the most pivotal to the team. We don't. We play a system where the striker plays second fiddle to our AMs.

I have season his goals this season. But more than that, I have season his performancrs. When u say , HE IS PHYSICAL, it means his way of play and not how physical he was for the goals. And in that aspect of his gane, his physicality is nothing to brag about

As for soldado, precisely my point which u made. He has struggles with the general physicality of the league along with the system. Same can easily be thought off for costa. Infact dont see how he becones a perfect fit (as u said), or even a better fit than mandzukic for us.

Our AMs might not be as good as bayern's but they are still very very good. In a year or so, they will be as good. More reason of having a striker who has been a success in that system.

Again with the great rexord??? Which great record??? What great record? U would think he was la liga's top scorer for last 3 seasons. The only reason he is getting so much hype is that he was that this season. I am basing my opinion on what I have seen of costa and nario. While u seem to have already made up your mind on that. I still have to get a valid argumwnt from u of how costa is a better fit than nario?

Dude you talk about La Liga like it is some amateur league. It has some really good sides in it. The EPL is stronger, but the gap is not that great like you seem to think.

Thw point is not about how good the teams in la liga are but how much of a difference in level their is between say the 6th/7th placed teams to the top 2 or 3. And that gap simply keeps widening as u go further down the league.

As for soldado, precisely my point which u made. He has struggles with the general physicality of the league along with the system. Same can easily be thought off for costa. Infact dont see how he becones a perfect fit (as u said), or even a better fit than mandzukic for us.

Soldado is 5'10" and was never a physical threat. Costa is 6'2" and very physical, but he throws himself to the ground far too often. If you actually want to make a fair comparison then you'd look at how Negredo has coped with the physicality of the league.

Soldado is 5'10" and was never a physical threat. Costa is 6'2" and very physical, but he throws himself to the ground far too often. If you actually want to make a fair comparison then you'd look at how Negredo has coped with the physicality of the league.

There was also the point of system that u conviniently missed.

There was also the point of system that u conviniently missed.

In the Madrid derby they played with Costa alone up front and he did a great job of making himself a nuisance, bringing other players into the game and providing a threat on the break. Honestly I don't quite know what the issue is with him. As a player I don't see anything to suggest that Mandzukic would be a better choice for us, if he's even available and for what price.

Costa is younger, he's in great form, he's available for a fair price and he would seem to fit what we want. I think some people just don't like his 'character' for whatever reason and have decided to stick with that view.

Thw point is not about how good the teams in la liga are but how much of a difference in level their is between say the 6th/7th placed teams to the top 2 or 3. And that gap simply keeps widening as u go further down the league.

Well PL in europe realy sucks for couple years now...more than La liga.

In the Madrid derby they played with Costa alone up front and he did a great job of making himself a nuisance, bringing other players into the game and providing a threat on the break. Honestly I don't quite know what the issue is with him. As a player I don't see anything to suggest that Mandzukic would be a better choice for us, if he's even available and for what price.

Costa is younger, he's in great form, he's available for a fair price and he would seem to fit what we want. I think some people just don't like his 'character' for whatever reason and have decided to stick with that view.

I have twice told u why I think mandzukic is a better player for us and at what price he would be availabke. Not going to say it a 3rd time. Specially since u have not given me any rebuttal as to why u think costa's better.

Also if u had actually seen mario play then u ll know he is as big if nit a bigger " character" than costa. Hence your thinking that costa is being rejected simply cos of his character is just not right.

I have twice told u why I think mandzukic is a better player for us and at what price he would be availabke. Not going to say it a 3rd time. AAlso if u had actually seen mario play then u ll know he is as big if nit a bigger " character" than costa. Hence your thinking that costa is being rejected simply cos of his character is just not right.

So you've told me the price he would be available? How the fuck would you know the price Bayern would sell to us?

And I have seen Mandzukic play and I think he's a good player, like Costa. Here's the thing though....I know the price he would be available for to US. Mandzukic might be available because he's being replaced with a better striker but we don't know that for certain or for what price.

You're entitled to your opinion of who is better but people don't have to acquiesce to whatever reasoning you throw up there. It seems people are just highlighting to you that every single argument you've put could've used against the signing of Drogba.