Diego Costa

Spike

Lets buy every striker who is 25years old and has had one good season cos that is what happened with DD and that's what will surely happen with everyone else.

No one is saying that lol, people are just bringing up DD because he was similarly doubted at the start of his Chelsea career for the same reason.

No one is saying that lol, people are just bringing up DD because he was similarly doubted at the start of his Chelsea career for the same reason.

When people say "I doubt costa. He dives around. Morwover he has had only one good season as a striker that too in a league where even SOLDADO (of all people) scored 30 goals last season. So I don't think he is worth 32mil".

And to that all people say is "were u talking about Dd". Then what are u supposed to say to that?

What people don't understand that it was not just the football that DD was good at. He had character. He had the mettle and the balls to stand up and take responsibility when required. He was a leader on and off the pitch. He was a SHOW-MAN. A once in a life-time player like Jt and lamps. U simply can't expect someone to be him just cos their situation is similar. To expect the same is unfair to costa.

Moreover I think people are more inclined towards buying costa than mandzukic is cos they expect him to do an encore. For me, that is never goin to happen

What people don't understand that it was not just the football that DD was good at. He had character. He had the mettle and the balls to stand up and take responsibility when required. He was a leader on and off the pitch. He was a SHOW-MAN. A once in a life-time player like Jt and lamps. U simply can't expect someone to be him just cos their situation is similar. To expect the same is unfair to costa.

True. He was also a diver and he lost his nerve in the final in Moscow and may actually have cost us the cup because it meant he couldn't take a penalty in the shootout.

But that's what humans are - complex.

Costa is only 25 (like Didier was) yet he's had a fantastic season. Given his price and the lack of other options, he's probably the best option out there this summer and the point Skipper is making (I think) is that the reasons being given to discount him could equally be applied to Drogba before we signed him.

True. He was also a diver and he lost his nerve in the final in Moscow and may actually have cost us the cup because it meant he couldn't take a penalty in the shootout.

Costa is only 25 (like Didier was) yet he's had a fantastic season. Given his price and the lack of other options, he's probably the best option out there this summer and the point Skipper is making (I think) is that the reasons being given to discount him could equally be applied to Drogba before we signed him.

This reasoning is what made us buy Torres.

No thanks. Dont want this cunt anywhere near our club and considering how he is, he's gonna have it alot tougher in the premier league because the refs wont blow the whistle for every little shit incident.

It really wasn't. That transfer window is so far removed from the reality of our transfer movements now that it's not even funny.

Now yes. I didnt say that is how we reason now. I said that is probably the kind of reasoning that made us buy Torres. And that was some time ago now.

Yes, thank god we dont think like that anymore.

Still dont want that cunt Costa here.

True but then he scored in a must win natch against valencia (twice), against napoli in the round of 16, against barca in semis and against bayern in the fnal, in addition to the penalty. He was our best player in CL 11-12 and made total amends to that one moment of madness.

Costa is FAR from the best option. I really can't see how mandUkic is not a better option. For that matter, wait for the season to end and if united don't get CL ( which is very likely) then go for rvp, another cunt, but he definitely would want to play CL before he loses his talent to age and also win sonething in his career (so far he has one PL medal). There are reports of cavani and falcao both beong unhappy and maybe there is some truth to it.

True but then he scored in a must win natch against valencia (twice), against napoli in the round of 16, against barca in semis and against bayern in the fnal, in addition to the penalty. He was our best player in CL 11-12 and made total amends to that one moment of madness.

Costa is FAR from the best option. I really can't see how mandUkic is not a better option. For that matter, wait for the season to end and if united don't get CL ( which is very likely) then go for rvp, another cunt, but he definitely would want to play CL before he loses his talent to age and also win sonething in his career (so far he has one PL medal). There are reports of cavani and falcao both beong unhappy and maybe there is some truth to it.

Drobga was superb 11-12 CL.. However, so was Cech, Cole and Ramires...

He also committed 2 penalties, which luckily missed.. (had either converted, Chelsea would of lost and Drogba would of been the scapegoat).

Mario is a good option. However, if he doesnt stay at bayern (which I think he will), Italy would probably be my best bet for him...

Cavani is not realistic and Falcao is possible.. I guess.

So, Diego would be the best/realistic option...

RVP? A guy who has really only ever had a couple of seasons that weren't injury-plagued....not including this one and who would be 31 before the season starts?

Falcao is definitely unhappy, but that's mainly because he's suffered an ACL. Let's see if he can run again before throwing all those millions at Monaco.

As for Cavani and Mandzukic, it depends on the price for both of them. Cavani would cost about £20 million more than Costa and Mandzukic doesn't strike me as a fantastically better option than Costa.

Drobga was superb 11-12 CL.. However, so was Cech, Cole and Ramires...

He also committed 2 penalties, which luckily missed.. (had either converted, Chelsea would of lost and Drogba would of been the scapegoat).

Mario is a good option. However, if he doesnt stay at bayern (which I think he will), Italy would probably be my best bet for him...

Cavani is not realistic and Falcao is possible.. I guess.

So, Diego would be the best/realistic option...

WTF? Mario Gomez went to fiorentina last summer.

RVP? A guy who has really only ever had a couple of seasons that weren't injury-plagued....not including this one and who would be 31 before the season starts?

Falcao is definitely unhappy, but that's mainly because he's suffered an ACL. Let's see if he can run again before throwing all those millions at Monaco.

As for Cavani and Mandzukic, it depends on the price for both of them. Cavani would cost about £20 million more than Costa and Mandzukic doesn't strike me as a fantastically better option than Costa.

In the last 3 seasons, rvp has had just a coupls of injuries. He is PL proven. A phenomenol goal scorer. And with lukaku as his no. 2, I am sure we will be able to deal with his abscence for 1 month. He will be 31 and can give us about 3 years of top class football. Look at zlatan. He is a prolific goal scorer and that is what matters. Hence a very viable option especially if united are looking to offload him to accomidate mata and rooney.

Mandzukic might not be a fantasticially better option but is nonetheless a BETTER option. Pep has already played muller as a false 9 despite mario scoring 20 already this season and with lewa coming in, he would want a move and might come cheap too. Better option + cheaper, u woyld nornally consider it as a no brainer.

Cavani and falcao both will come for nothing under than 60mil i think. Are they worth it? Depends on how u look at it. Both make us a team to fear specially cavani. If it comes at a cost, so be it, until we can cope with FFP.

In the last 3 seasons, rvp has had just a coupls of injuries. He is PL proven. A phenomenol goal scorer. And with lukaku as his no. 2, I am sure we will be able to deal with his abscence for 1 month. He will be 31 and can give us about 3 years of top class football. Look at zlatan. He is a prolific goal scorer and that is what matters. Hence a very viable option especially if united are looking to offload him to accomidate mata and rooney.

In 9 seasons he's only played in more than 29 PL games twice. This season the most he can manage is 25. He's also 6 years older than Costa so there's little to no value in a transfer for him.

Mandzukic might not be a fantasticially better option but is nonetheless a BETTER option. Pep has already played muller as a false 9 despite mario scoring 20 already this season and with lewa coming in, he would want a move and might come cheap too. Better option + cheaper, u woyld nornally consider it as a no brainer.

How is he a BETTER option exactly? He's had two good seasons (where he's scored roughly the same number of goals as Costa) which you'd expect cause he's older, yet I don't see him as being a better option. I also don't know why Bayern would deal him to us on the cheap.

I just think that some people don't like Costa because of his character. I get that. He moans a lot, he dives...but that didn't stop us from loving Drogba. I'm all for signing him if Jose thinks he's the right dude.

Cavani and falcao both will come for nothing under than 60mil i think. Are they worth it? Depends on how u look at it. Both make us a team to fear specially cavani. If it comes at a cost, so be it, until we can cope with FFP.

In 9 seasons he's only played in more than 29 PL games twice. This season the most he can manage is 25. He's also 6 years older than Costa so there's little to no value in a transfer for him.

How is he a BETTER option exactly? He's had two good seasons (where he's scored roughly the same number of goals as Costa) which you'd expect cause he's older, yet I don't see him as being a better option. I also don't know why Bayern would deal him to us on the cheap.

I just think that some people don't like Costa because of his character. I get that. He moans a lot, he dives...but that didn't stop us from loving Drogba. I'm all for signing him if Jose thinks he's the right dude.

I don't mind my no.1 striker playing 25-30 PL matches in a season. It definitely does not make him injury prone. Infact no more than a striker we were officially looking for ROONEY.

Mandzukic has scored 20 or more goals in season 5 times in his career (thrice with zagreb and twice with bayern). He is strong in the air, physical, has a brilliant link up play, and is clinical. Moreover he has done that playing for the best team in the world (currwntly) and at the highest level. Infact in which part in costa better than Mario. I dint say bayern will sell him cheap but just that he will be cheaper than costa. Also just this year bayern sold mario gomez for 15-20mil . 20mil £ would be a great move in my opinion.

If jose comes out and says, costa is our guy and he will be our no.1 striker, then I won't compain once. But so far, there is nothin to suggest we want him except for gwneral media bullshit.

Anyways, majority of the people here seem set on costa. Most without giving a fair thought for other viable options (if not better). I have watched ATM regularly this year (which has actually co-incided with a dip in form for both costa and ATM), and just don't get the mega-hype surrounding this guy.