Diego Costa

Spike

Let's hope he gets off to a good start against Arsenal and wins October too.

I never imagined he would be this good.

I don't think I did, but I knew he was very good, if that makes sense. It's the actual impact he has made that's made everyone stand up and pay attention.

I don't think I did, but I knew he was very good, if that makes sense. It's the actual impact he has made that's made everyone stand up and pay attention.

I thought his basic technique would be an issue but little did I know. He fits us perfectly; really great business especially when considering the fee.

is it just me but does costa seem super aware of offside stuff. like doesnt touch the ball when he knows its offside, so instead waits for defenders to touch it before attacking him. or just having the timing to peel back enough to get onside before the pass. really noticed it in the sporting game, not something you see that often from strikers.

That's because he knows how to time his runs perfectly. I haven't seen a player this aware of the offside since Crespo (who was an absolute genius at it).

If Arsenal try to play the high-line as always he could have a field day.

From Chelsea website :

'My reaction to the news that hes in the Spanish squad is to have no reaction because its something I could already imagine,' Mourinho said. 'Its not a surprise for me.

'Can he play three matches in a week? I think its too much, but hes going to do that. And why is he going to do that? Because Im not going to save him to be in perfect condition for the national team.

'This week we have three very important matches. The Champions League match was crucial for us after a bad result at home. We needed that victory away so I had to go with everything and everybody. It is an important match against Arsenal, and being the last one in that busy period for the club, he plays.

'He had the match in Lisbon, he will have had these four days in between, and so he will be in an okay condition. What happens in the days after that [with his national team] is not my responsibility.'

Basically he is pissed, but with the way he deal with it, reminds me again why I love Jose.

32m=bargain, even if he just scores 10 more goals for the rest of the season it would have been worth it. I mean the likes of Cavani, Suarez...etc are costing 50m+ yet this guy at about half the price of his actual value is fucking amazing.

What a finish. That was a perfect move all around starting from us winning the ball, Fabregas making the splendid pass and Costa finishing it off in cold fashion. I have a feeling goals like that will become classics over the years, just like Lampard-Drogba ones.