Diego Costa

Spike

Name five better centre-backs in world football.

He's over-rated (inasmuch as he isn't as good as people make him out to be), but he's still one of the finest defenders in the game.

Ramos.

Pepe.

Varane.

Godín.

Miranda.

And they played yesterday in the same match.

No way is Kompany better than Ramos, Godin or Miranda.

I think he is. Certainly better than Ramos, Godin and Miranda get a lot of protection in their system as well.

Kompany for me is still a top 3 CB. Sure, he wasn't that great last season but you have to look at his overall body of work as a player. What does Ramos or Godin or Miranda do better than him?

No way is Kompany better than Ramos, Godin or Miranda.

No way are Ramos, Godin or Miranda are better than Kompany.

No way are we really having this discussion in the Costa thread!

Back on topic, please.

I think he is. Certainly better than Ramos, Godin and Miranda get a lot of protection in their system as well.

Kompany for me is still a top 3 CB. Sure, he wasn't that great last season but you have to look at his overall body of work as a player. What does Ramos or Godin or Miranda do better than him?

Quality performances in the CL.

Diego can take Kompany. The midfield battle is more tricky though. Unless Mourinho choses to sit back.

Name five better centre-backs in world football.

He's over-rated (inasmuch as he isn't as good as people make him out to be), but he's still one of the finest defenders in the game.

Hummels

Benatia

Chillieni

Miranda

Godin

Torres, just defends for the other team

Hummels

Benatia

Chillieni

Miranda

Godin

Hummels and possibly Chillieni is the only center backs on that list better than Kompany.

Benatia and Godin are good players but they aren't better than Kompany, no offence but saying that is laughable in my eyes. Miranda is a good player but again hes hardly spectacular. He's like Cahill, hes got a better partner next to him in Godin as Cahill has in Terry.

Kompany again isn't the best center back on the planet in my eyes but hes better than most of those guys. Guys like Ramos, Pepe, Thiago Silva, I would say are much better central defenders than he is. The fact that City were all at sea defensively last year was greatly his fault. Their was a lack of communication between Kompany and Demichellis for ages and when Pellegrini had to pick other center backs ahead of Kompany when he was injured the defensive unit looked more in sync with each other.

Lets be honest, doesn't matter which center backs play against Costa they are going to get a rough game. He does everything, hes a very industrious player so I can't see Kompany or Demichellis having it very easy.

Hummels

Benatia

Chillieni

Miranda

Godin

Hummels and possibly Chillieni is the only center backs on that list better than Kompany.

Benatia and Godin are good players but they aren't better than Kompany, no offence but saying that is laughable in my eyes. Miranda is a good player but again hes hardly spectacular. He's like Cahill, hes got a better partner next to him in Godin as Cahill has in Terry.

Kompany again isn't the best center back on the planet in my eyes but hes better than most of those guys. Guys like Ramos, Pepe, Thiago Silva, I would say are much better central defenders than he is. The fact that City were all at sea defensively last year was greatly his fault. Their was a lack of communication between Kompany and Demichellis for ages and when Pellegrini had to pick other center backs ahead of Kompany when he was injured the defensive unit looked more in sync with each other.

Lets be honest, doesn't matter which center backs play against Costa they are going to get a rough game. He does everything, hes a very industrious player so I can't see Kompany or Demichellis having it very easy.

But are any of them better than a prime JT? [emoji55]