Diego Costa

Spike

if city have Aguero, Negredo, Dzeko and Jovetic,,why we can't get Costa and Mandzukic both??? maybe for 50m?? and we can talk a title chance next season...

I was thinking that too. Man City plays with 2 strikers always though, Chelsea doesn't. But 4 top notch strikers on one team is greedy! Fuck it, Chelsea SHOULD get both! That'd be insane!

Firstly, there is a possibility that he is a one season wonder. Second, he is an asshole, uber cunt, he surely will get sent off a lot of times. And third, he looks like evil Oscar.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Can't believe I'm going to defend Costa, but didn't we sign a player who was about his age around a decade ago who had one solid year under his belt (in the French league no less) and who could be a bit of a twat (diving, and even got himself sent off in the biggest game in our history, when he would've been a penalty taker in the shoot out.....which we lost).

Just saying.

Just my two cents:

Costa is obviously very good finisher but La liga is one of weakest leagues when comes to defence. Their high line of play and super offensive tactics allow strikers to score bunch of goals...Also Atletico is made to play on striker, Costa would have half less service and space. He is average outside the penalty area, he cant take powerful shots like Aguero or Ibra or Drogba. Certainly. he could be equaly good as Negredo in Premier league, but I doubt he can reach Aguero or Suarez. If we are to buy top striker, we should target Aguero quality, not Negredo quality.

Also he is massive cunt and could get red card every second game...plus his fighting, provocation and frustrations dont belong to Chelsea.

My thoughts exactly, well put. I'd look at Cavani if that's possible. Don't think he is that happy playing on right wing and second fiddle to Ibrahimovic. He's still producing though, only behind Ibra in French League goalscorers.

He had one of his better games today. Created 2 goals and scored one.

He was running all match, suarez like workrate.

He doesn't have a great first touch or long range shooting, but is a fantastic finisher.

Why are most of the best strikers south americans??

(Aguero, falcao, cavani, suarez, costa, messi)

Suarez is not as good as they say, he has tremendous physical, good shooting technique and a great competitive attitude, but its technical capacity is weak, his decision-making is weak, he always wants to do the hardest thing, the showiest thing, constantly enter into situations outnumbered, just to put himself into the limelight, therefore as you see, he doesn't understand the game. Brendan Rodgers must have spoken to him about it, but probably he's a stubborn. Diego Costa I don't know him very well, but his a very similar player in the positive aspects of Suarez, but in the negatives, i don't know, I have to see a full Atlético de Madrid game.

Agree.

My favorite WC team is Brazil and was glad when Diego Costa chose to play for Spain tbh. He's too much of a hothead, and a Materazzi-type of defender would easily get under his skin to try and get a red card.

A good striker, yes, but his quick temper worries me. But, we need a striker so desperately at this point I'd take anyone.

I really am puzzled about this lad. his record is outstanding but whenever I see him play, I don't see anything special. he's a strong center forward who has pace. pace without the ball, not with it. his dribbiling is rusty/not the cleanest. but his power makes him difficult to stop, although when he faces a good defender who knows how to tackle; he's always going to lose the ball. he's not really good with the ball with his feet. not like Aguero/Rooney/Suarez. he's more of a Van Persie/Negredo kind of center forward, these two both don't dribble, but they're good finishers and are technically good.

The problem with Costa is; he's technically nowhere near V.persei's / Negredo's level. his first touch is just off. he's only strong tbh. I'd rather have a Falcao/Cavani if we're going with a target man kind of striker. also never seen his shot power, looks kinda weak for a powerful guy.

I really am puzzled about this lad. his record is outstanding but whenever I see him play, I don't see anything special. he's a strong center forward who has pace. pace without the ball, not with it. his dribbiling is rusty/not the cleanest. but his power makes him difficult to stop, although when he faces a good defender who knows how to tackle; he's always going to lose the ball. he's not really good with the ball with his feet. not like Aguero/Rooney/Suarez. he's more of a Van Persie/Negredo kind of center forward, these two both don't dribble, but they're good finishers and are technically good.

The problem with Costa is; he's technically nowhere near V.persei's / Negredo's level. his first touch is just off. he's only strong tbh. I'd rather have a Falcao/Cavani if we're going with a target man kind of striker. also never seen his shot power, looks kinda weak for a powerful guy.

Exactly. His technique isn't very good and in our system, we need a striker who can operate in a wide area on the pitch, not just infront of the opposite goal. Samuel Eto'o 4-6 years ago would've been just that in my opinion. He can play well at times, but ofc he's not the same player anymore. Think Cavani would fit in better: his dribbling is quite good and he - like Costa - is clinical. When we come down to the price though, I think Cavani would cost like 50-70m whereas Costa would cost 25-40m. I don't think we should go for Falcao just in case, because he got a bad knee injury and I'm afraid he'd turn out the be new Torres.

So, it's going to be a tough one, but I trust José. Even though I'd love Cavani, I think Costa is the easiest one to get.

How about Bentenke? Balotelli would be great if he wasn't a dickhead. Costa is the best available right now. Shaaraway? Lol he's a beast and young, just wishful thinking and highly unlikely.

We can easily sign El Shaarawy but he's a winger and we don't need him.

How about Bentenke? Balotelli would be great if he wasn't a dickhead. Costa is the best available right now. Shaaraway? Lol he's a beast and young, just wishful thinking and highly unlikely.

Benteke is a good all round footballer, he can keep the ball, link up with other players, but he isn't great. Would be a good second choice striker but we need a world class one like you can find in every other big club.

Cavani also does not have a great long-range shot. so thats not really an argument pro cavani and contra costa. problem is, we have literally no choices left. costa is available (i think), cavani maybe too (but will be very expensive) and thats basically it...2 options arent that much, eh