Diego Costa

Spike

how many times has he said 'important'? That's how he starts and basically finishes every and all of his answers, lol

Sign of PR training. Absolutely nothing wrong with that for me. I prefer a player a player who talks and says nothing than to one who says too much.

because DIEGO COSTA THE COFFEE MAN MAKER doesn't speak ENGLISH does that mean JOSE our MOURINHO speaks to him in PORTUGUESE or SPANISH.

If that is the case it is a good thing that we Have Jose Mourinho.

how different is Portuguese, Brazilian and Spanish Languages compare - comparison to each other.

Loving how Torres is in almost every single team photos/private photos taken by players themselves. Almost as if he is forcing us to let him stay with his involvement. I don't think he will be sold so Costa will just make him sit on the bench and collect his money.

Loving how Torres is in almost every single team photos/private photos taken by players themselves. Almost as if he is forcing us to let him stay with his involvement. I don't think he will be sold so Costa will just make him sit on the bench and collect his money.

Or maybe its a plan between Torres and Costa to make him sit on the bench. Later they will share the money.

Actually, Torres's presence is good at this point and it will help the Spanish lads settle. Coming to a new team is always hard, not only in professional sense, and having a familiar friendly face helps a lot.

because DIEGO COSTA THE COFFEE MAN MAKER doesn't speak ENGLISH does that mean JOSE our MOURINHO speaks to him in PORTUGUESE or SPANISH.

If that is the case it is a good thing that we Have Jose Mourinho.

how different is Portuguese, Brazilian and Spanish Languages compare - comparison to each other.

As far as I know brazilian and portuguese people speak the same language.That basically means that there is no difference.

there are differences - more than from English spoken in the US and UK. The way they commonly call a young lady for example is the same word we use for a bitch or not reputable woman (although we don't use it commonly).

The structure of course is the same, but in terms of vocabulary - as expected for a language that isn't internationally used as English is- it has many different words used for the same thing and the same word used for completely different meanings.

Now as for Spanish and Portuguese I'd say it's same between German and English? The former are Latin languages, they have a lot of words that are similarly written, as the latter as anglo-saxons share the same, but grammar rules tend to differ. So while many, many words share the root (there are plenty of false cognates too), the way it's spoken and used differs considerable - although imo Portuguese and Spanish are the closest latin languages (compared to French and Italian).

Summarizing and adding a bit of information to what @Barbara has said: the difference between european portuguese and brazilian portuguese is slightly bigger than between british english and american english. But the difference between portuguese and spanish is smaller than between english and dutch or english and german. Portuguese and spanish are similar enough that you are usually able to make yourself understood to each other.

European portuguese stands somewhere between brazilian portuguese and spanish. The speed and accent they speak in Portugal resembles a lot the way spanish is spoken whereas brazilian portuguese is much slower paced - however, vocabulary and phrasal structure between both are quite similar. There are funny differences though. Like @Barb said the way they call girls in Portugal means bitch/hooker/prostitute in brazilian portuguese. And when portuguese people ask for bread they're actually asking for a small dick in brazilian portuguese.

@Ainsley Harriott, já provaste um cacetinho brasileiro, ora pois? :lol:

Summarizing and adding a bit of information to what @Barbara has said: the difference between european portuguese and brazilian portuguese is slightly bigger than between british english and american english. But the difference between portuguese and spanish is smaller than between english and dutch or english and german. Portuguese and spanish are similar enough that you are usually able to make yourself understood to each other.

European portuguese stands somewhere between brazilian portuguese and spanish. The speed and accent they speak in Portugal resembles a lot the way spanish is spoken whereas brazilian portuguese is much slower paced - however, vocabulary and phrasal structure between both are quite similar. There are funny differences though. Like @Barb said the way they call girls in Portugal means bitch/hooker/prostitute in brazilian portuguese. And when portuguese people ask for bread they're actually asking for a small dick in brazilian portuguese.

@Ainsley Harriott, já provaste um cacetinho brasileiro, ora pois? :lol:

I found out a few weeks ago that in Bahia they also call pão cacetinho. Lol

I found out a few weeks ago that in Bahia they also call pão cacetinho. Lol

Some people also call it cacetinho in the RS apparently. I've lived there and can't recall anyone calling it cacetinho though. I also think whenever brazilians use cacetinho, they say "pão cacetinho" whereas in Portugal it is only "cacetinho" or "baguette" from what I understood.