Diego Costa

Spike

It's...just...been so long... Collectively we can't even wrap our heads around a striker who cracks 20 goals in the PL, in a season.

Considering "he-who-shall-not-be-named" has scored 20 goals. In the PL. over the course of 4 years. I'm thinking the last one to do it was Drogba (correct me if I'm wrong) in 09-10?

Yep Drogba was the last one to score that many over a season in general, let alone the league. That is how bad our strike force

I think he'll get around 25 league goals. If Sturridge can manage around that amount when not even being the focal point of his side, then Costa should be able to as the main man up top with the likes of Hazard and Fabregas supplying him and Filipe Luis crossing it in to him.

Actually he was I believe, Suarez wasn't actually on top but often drifted behind and on the LW occasionally too. However he is so good he still scores that many goals.

has been, I mean 4 years without any strikers hitting over 20 goals in all competitions is unacceptable.

I think he'll get around 25 league goals. If Sturridge can manage around that amount when not even being the focal point of his side, then Costa should be able to as the main man up top with the likes of Hazard and Fabregas supplying him and Filipe Luis crossing it in to him.

Sturridge wasn't the focal point of the Liverpool side... But he was certainly their most advanced striker. Suarez did everything but he wasn't their furthest guy up front, the one that would be on the end of most chances. That was Sturridge. Also, don't forget Liverpool played very expansive football, and basically disregarded defending. Our team will be a bit more balanced so Costa won't have as many chances as Sturridge did.

Hopefully Costa will behave for the team in a similar way though - we want most of our chances to fall to him.

Sturridge wasn't the focal point of the Liverpool side... But he was certainly their most advanced striker. Suarez did everything but he wasn't their furthest guy up front, the one that would be on the end of most chances. That was Sturridge. Also, don't forget Liverpool played very expansive football, and basically disregarded defending. Our team will be a bit more balanced so Costa won't have as many chances as Sturridge did.

Hopefully Costa will behave for the team in a similar way though - we want most of our chances to fall to him.

Just hope he doesn't start the season by getting frustrated and end up getting banned a few games for being silly(elbow, spit, headbutt) or whatever things he usually does. By September if he still struggles I worry he would start to retort to these type of things in his game. He is not Torres who will just lonely walks through matches at time without caring about anything, he will get involved one way or another.

Yep Drogba was the last one to score that many over a season in general, let alone the league. That is how bad our strike force

Actually he was I believe, Suarez wasn't actually on top but often drifted behind and on the LW occasionally too. However he is so good he still scores that many goals.

has been, I mean 4 years without any strikers hitting over 20 goals in all competitions is unacceptable.

Damn. Unacceptable is right. And I know I will have my doubters on here, but I'm highly confident when I say that many of, if not all, the vices we witnessed from whatever 3 AMs we fielded at any given time last season can and will be alleviated with the corresponding increase in quality we are going to see up front.

Only time will tell, but man the upside of these additions is monumental.

He has the best chance of any Chelsea striker in 4 seasons to succeed (minus Torres for obvious reasons)

Hazard, Fabregas and a bit more width from Luis and Azpi should be enough to help him get 20 goals minimum.

It just comes down to if be can be as clinical as he was at Atleti.