Diego Costa

Spike

There is no point in talking about Diego Costa being an unproven player. He has lived in the shadow of Falcao and everybody wanted to see if he can hit the jackpot now that Falcao is gone. And he did. Diego Costa is a beast. Falcao was a joy to behold in his Atletico Madrid days and he was maybe a better finisher than Diego Costa, but Costa offers more to this Atletico team. He's not just a poacher, he is a complete forward - he likes to pass the ball, he likes to dribble, he drops deep to get his balls and, my God, his off-the-ball game is unbelievable. He is a nightmare for every defender and I think this Chelsea team suits him best as we're not looking for a poacher, we're looking for a hard working Wayne Rooney type of striker that can be all kinds of things in a game - a poacher, a "10", an "8" and Diego Costa has all this attributes. And another thing: this guy is the Ramires of strikers - his tank is always full and he is always ready to take on opponents.

You don't score 23 goals in 21 apps by luck. He is La Liga's topscorer, above the likes of Cristiano, Messi and Benzema. You score 10, let's say 12 goals by luck, but not 23. I think this topic should be closed for now and opened back in the summer because I don't think there is any chance he'll leave in this transfer window. Atletico is fighting for the championship and they welcome Barcelona next week and they will have a chance for sure in case of a positive result. And I don't even know if Costa wants a new challenge now when he is having the time of his life and with the World Cup coming too. Let him net another 15-20 goals this season and trigger his release clause just before the World Cup starts so you don't have to worry about his price exploding in case he is having a hell of a tournament. Or trigger his release clause now, convince him to sign and let him on loan at Atletico for the rest of the season.

Why are you guys talking about him like he's actually coming here?

Yeah I would love him at Chelsea but he seems to love Spain way too much to leave for Chelsea. His safest bet is also to stay in Spain to try and make it to the world cup, instead of going to a new club and seeing if he can bang in goals as much as he currently is in La Liga.

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea have opened preliminary discussions to make Diego Costa, the Atletico Madrid forward, their principal summer signing (Times)

Would love us to sign him, but would hate to see Courtois moving the other way, if he has a release clause just pay that and let them have Courtois on loan for another year

Would love us to sign him, but would hate to see Courtois moving the other way, if he has a release clause just pay that and let them have Courtois on loan for another year

Not sure if you know, but courtois said he either wants to be in team next season or he want to leave, i don't think they want him to stay on loan, they want him on permanent deal.

Order of preference

1. Pay the release clause for Costa

2. Get courtois to extend his contract for 4 years and wait till the summer for a striker

3. If courtois doesn't extend and is hoping to see out his contract, (it could happen guys, barca are knocking) then use him to get Costa