Diego Costa

Spike

I don't think anyone is saying he'll flop. There is that worry that he will flop because in the past strikers who have been rated higher and had higher fees. I don't want to get my hopes up, Because I did that with Shevchenko and Torres.

The difference between costa and those 2 is that he is at his peak, and can only get better at 25. He is also coming from a team playing with a similar system so no 1 year adaptation problems to style.

Costa is a physical beast, with pace and infact his physical attributes is built for the EPL.

Where those defenders bullied torres and he falls on the ground complaining, it'll be costa bullying defenders like drogba did for us. He's also the exact kind of player that gets stuck in the action, puts his head into 50-50 balls just to score and never goes missing in matches, even if it means pissing off defenders.

Apart from his strong mental attributes, Costa is also a good finisher and infact has the best shot to goal ratio in europe. He is someone that always runs behind the defence, and I mean ALWAYS!! No more torres waiting like a statue for the ball to fall perfectly to him, but we will now see movement into channels from the striker. That will now make the defenders follow him and free hazard from some markers. His back to goal is better than torres, eto and ba combined because of his obvious physical advantage, and he can easily turn and shoot in tight spaces.

He is also a good link up player as you see that he provides assists when required (15 assists last season is no small feat).

The only fear pple have is that he doesn't score a suarez screamer from the half way line.

Trust me he's good.

The difference between costa and those 2 is that he is at his peak, and can only get better at 25. He is also coming from a team playing with a similar system so no 1 year adaptation problems to style.

Costa is a physical beast, with pace and infact his physical attributes is built for the EPL.

Where those defenders bullied torres and he falls on the ground complaining, it'll be costa bullying defenders like drogba did for us. He's also the exact kind of player that gets stuck in the action, puts his head into 50-50 balls just to score and never goes missing in matches, even if it means pissing off defenders.

Apart from his strong mental attributes, Costa is also a good finisher and infact has the best shot to goal ratio in europe. He is someone that always runs behind the defence, and I mean ALWAYS!! No more torres waiting like a statue for the ball to fall perfectly to him, but we will now see movement into channels from the striker. That will now make the defenders follow him and free hazard from some markers. His back to goal is better than torres, eto and ba combined because of his obvious physical advantage, and he can easily turn and shoot in tight spaces.

He is also a good link up player as you see that he provides assists when required (15 assists last season is no small feat).

The only fear pple have is that he doesn't score a suarez screamer from the half way line.

Trust me he's good.

Damn good I will add

10 of those goals came away from the La Liga in Cup games. I'm not saying its a bad season, But it isn't world class. Lets be fair here, He only has had one top class season, and he is 25.

Not trying to be negative, Just don't see the point in jumping the gun and acting like all our problems are solved. I do think he'll do well here, But it's just a worry I have.

Don't understand why he has to be world class for us to sign him. Does he fit the profile we want (playing style, mentality etc)? Yes. Does the manager want him? Yes. That should be the alpha and omega of every transfer. Personally, I like it better when we sign players who haven't reached their peak and thus are hungry to get there (Not having a go at you). He may or may not be world class (subjective), but is one of the best available, fits a need and isn't that expensive in this market. Great signing as far as I'm concerned. Now let's pair him with Lukaku, give them some service and celebrate the Double :D

So is Costa pretty much now a Chelsea player? I'm assuming that now he's passed a medical and a fee has been agreed (32 million pounds), all Chelsea have to do is confirm the deal with Atletico Madrid and bob's yer uncle, Diego is a blue.

I can almost see it now Costa has an average debut in a match we win anyway, next pre match thread opens we have a group led by thekid9 saying Costa's been average and Torres deserves a chance to start.

I can almost see it now Costa has an average debut in a match we win anyway, next pre match thread opens we have a group led by thekid9 saying Costa's been average and Torres deserves a chance to start.

Hahahhaha, so true!!! LOL! He'll remind us about the Munich corner that Torres won us, and the fact that Torres works his arse off every game! AND THE ASSISTS! HOW CAN WE FORGET THE ASSISTS?!

you know that Kiki Marin fella who peeps are reporting on the Fabregas deal, well he said this on Costa, make of it what you will

Según @partidodelas12 Diego Costa le pidió al #Atlético pasar el reconocimiento médico con el #Chelsea en Washington y no le dejó. Entonces?

which translates to

Diego Costa asked Atlético if he could pass a medical with # Chelsea in Washington and they would not let him. So then?

=====

only then would the yahoo reports make sense :/
- from Yahoo! >>
"Commenting on reports in England that Brazil-born Costa, who has the same agent as Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho, had passed a medical and the London club had paid the buyout fee, Atletico President Cerezo suggested the deal was some way from being finalised. "Diego has the attributes to become the world's best forward but what we will not do is oblige someone to play where they do not want to," Cerezo was quoted as saying in Spanish media. "If he (Costa) has an agreement with someone then let him come and tell us," he added. "If he wants to leave, let him come and deposit his buyout clause which I believe is around 42 or 43 million euros."

He may or may not be the best suited striker for our formation (he was certainly not the first on my list), but if this deal for him goes through, I feel as fans we should be grateful that our club can sign big name strikers like him merely a few months after he's had his best season...

you know that Kiki Marin fella who peeps are reporting on the Fabregas deal, well he said this on Costa, make of it what you will

@Kike_Marin_ · 3h

Según @partidodelas12 Diego Costa le pidió al #Atlético pasar el reconocimiento médico con el #Chelsea en Washington y no le dejó. Entonces?

which translates to

Diego Costa asked Atlético if he could pass a medical with # Chelsea in Washington and they would not let him. So then?

=====

only then would the yahoo reports make sense :/

- from Yahoo! >>

"Commenting on reports in England that Brazil-born Costa, who has the same agent as Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho, had passed a medical and the London club had paid the buyout fee, Atletico President Cerezo suggested the deal was some way from being finalised. "Diego has the attributes to become the world's best forward but what we will not do is oblige someone to play where they do not want to," Cerezo was quoted as saying in Spanish media. "If he (Costa) has an agreement with someone then let him come and tell us," he added. "If he wants to leave, let him come and deposit his buyout clause which I believe is around 42 or 43 million euros."

I think that quote from AM president is not confirmed yet / fake. I believe I have read that exact part from the most unreliable source in universe, dailystar. Some reliable newspaper like Sky didn't create an article about that quote. Even mighty Daily Fail somehow didn't too.