Diego Costa

Spike

Can't wait till he knocks in 20+ goals in the EPL for us :lol:

He ****ing better! I've had enough of mediocre strikers now :readthemessage: . I love how we had better strikers in 2003 pre-Roman than we did in 2013..

So we finally sign a striker who has all the attribute to do really well in the premier league and people are still not happy.

you have no idea of what is still to happen.

can u even imagine the reaction when costa starts his first match and does not score a goal??!!!! gonna be epic!!!!

you have no idea of what is still to happen.

can u even imagine the reaction when costa starts his first match and does not score a goal??!!!! gonna be epic!!!!

Please, Chelsea supporters have been waching Scorres for three and a half year.. We are more than patient...

Please, Chelsea supporters have been waching Scorres for three and a half year.. We are more than patient...

all you have to do is read thru the last 3/4 pages... costa is already a flop cos torres and sheva were a flop. :lol: :lol:.

all you have to do is read thru the last 3/4 pages... costa is already a flop cos torres and sheva were a flop. :lol: :lol:.

I don't think anyone is saying he'll flop. There is that worry that he will flop because in the past strikers who have been rated higher and had higher fees. I don't want to get my hopes up, Because I did that with Shevchenko and Torres.

I don't think anyone is saying he'll flop. There is that worry that he will flop because in the past strikers who have been rated higher and had higher fees. I don't want to get my hopes up, Because I did that with Shevchenko and Torres.

the first comment on the page itself clearly says that.

sheva was a "flop". admitted. i can understand people being scared thinking about him. but comparision with torres is just not fair. torres was NEVER a chelsea player. it simply was not in his DNA. he is a pussy. he is not the player who would fight it out for the club. the torres transfer was a fiasco, which simply was wrong for all the parties involved. still remember we started the match against liverpool playing with torres-DD-anelka. how do u expect that to work out. no balance. no gameplan actually. add to that, his first match itself was against pool. the transfer simply was WRONG from each and every perspective.

costa on the other hand, seems a good fit. it is not a panic buy like torres was or a ROMAN buy which sheva was. it is a buy which JOSE and the board have had a year to think about and agree on. the dynamics are different, the situation is different.

the first comment on the page itself clearly says that.

sheva was a "flop". admitted. i can understand people being scared thinking about him. but comparision with torres is just not fair. torres was NEVER a chelsea player. it simply was not in his DNA. he is a pussy. he is not the player who would fight it out for the club. the torres transfer was a fiasco, which simply was wrong for all the parties involved. still remember we started the match against liverpool playing with torres-DD-anelka. how do u expect that to work out. no balance. no gameplan actually. add to that, his first match itself was against pool. the transfer simply was WRONG from each and every perspective.

costa on the other hand, seems a good fit. it is not a panic buy like torres was or a ROMAN buy which sheva was. it is a buy which JOSE and the board have had a year to think about and agree on. the dynamics are different, the situation is different.

Yeah, you can say that Costa is a good fit, But that's what we were saying once Torres signed. Exactly what we needed, world class striker, where gonna win this that and the other etc etc.

We played Torres - Drogba and Anelka because we were playing a diamond like we did against Sunderland earlier in the week, when Nico scored and probably played his best game in a Chelsea shirt. The idea was for Nico to create, and Drogba and Torres would tear up defences.

Its easy to say that the Torres transfer was wrong now. I guarantee you weren't saying that at the time though. In fact, Torres was a safer deal, as he was proven in the Premiership over a few years where Costa only has had 1/2 seasons where he has scored goals prolifically

Yeah, you can say that Costa is a good fit, But that's what we were saying once Torres signed. Exactly what we needed, world class striker, where gonna win this that and the other etc etc.

We played Torres - Drogba and Anelka because we were playing a diamond like we did against Sunderland earlier in the week, when Nico scored and probably played his best game in a Chelsea shirt. The idea was for Nico to create, and Drogba and Torres would tear up defences.

Its easy to say that the Torres transfer was wrong now. I guarantee you weren't saying that at the time though. In fact, Torres was a safer deal, as he was proven in the Premiership over a few years where Costa only has had 1/2 seasons where he has scored goals prolifically

nope. i was never on board with the transfer. never made any sense to me what so ever. people were in love with the idea of getting one of the most popular players in the world (which somehow he still is!!! i still remember the "he will score next game" or "he will play better next game" phase, which turned into the "give him a pre-season to play with the team". after he was started ahead of DD by AVB at the start of the 2011-12 season, i was ridiculed and abused was questioning that by many posters here. i dont know how people saw him as a good fit but i think they were simply blinded by torres-love.

torres was PL proven but he was already on the decline. he was poor for a couple of seasons. a 50mil fee for a mentally week and pussy like torres was always going to be a massive detterent. more than anything, it seemed like the weight of the transfer fee itself was a taking him down. costa is a completely different player to torres. he is a fighter. his contribution to the team is way more than just scoring goals. u simply cant have a no-balls like torres leading your line when u r trying to fight for PL and CL. cos over the course of 38 matches, the striker will have a barren run, in which torres' contribution is zip. as for costa having just 2 prolific seasons, i think it does not matter. not every player has to be a lukaku or a rooney who is tipped to be the "next best thing" since 16-17. i dint see costa before the last 2 seasons. but after watching him for 2 seasons, i and anyone who has done that can vouch for the fact that he is a brilliant player, someone who will complete us.

'Costa has only been prolific the last couple of seasons' - Why do i keep seeing this?

I don't want to draw too much comparison but didn't a certain Didier Drogba only have one decent season with Marseille before we splashed the cash for him?

He costs 30M - 35M, that's not Torres kind of money.

We paid 30 for Willian.. every descent player with some talent costs atleast 20M+ in this stupid market.

Considering Costa just scored 36 goals and won La Liga, I'd say we got a good price.