Diego Costa

Spike

Getting worried about this now. We seem to have some curse on strikers and Costa has only really had one great goalscoring season.

Not trying to be negative, but it's vital we keep Lukaku so we have decent back up for him.

In 2012-13 he scored 20 goals and gave 15 assists.Not a bad return for a striker,which played more often than not the second fiddle for Falcao.This season he exploded as first striker upfront.

That's exactly what we said we Torres signed.

That's not true.... We had Drogba and Anelka. It's not like the situation we have now where no fucker can put the ball in the back of the net consistently.

Get in! Exiting times ahead, we have a striker!

He is very injury-prone and tbh I failed to see him preform in every big game Atletico played. Hopefully we keep Lukaku just in case.

Now just get rid of Torres, Etoo and Ba and everything is perfect. Make it a 3 for the price of 1 pack.

He is very injury-prone and tbh I failed to see him preform in every big game Atletico played. Hopefully we keep Lukaku just in case.

Now just get rid of Torres, Etoo and Ba and everything is perfect. Make it a 3 for the price of 1 pack.

Very injury prone? Didn't he play nearly the whole season?

R.A.W.K
Re: Cesc Fabregas: Barcelona midfielder set to leave club.
« Reply #96 on: June 2, 2014, 07:45:26 PM »
^ It's Kadian. Any opportunity to big up Chelsea and Mouriinho cheesy.gif

Tell you what, Costa won't be netting more than 15 league goals next season in that Chelsea set-up, and anyone here can quote me on that

Getting worried about this now. We seem to have some curse on strikers and Costa has only really had one great goalscoring season.

Not trying to be negative, but it's vital we keep Lukaku so we have decent back up for him.

Sorry dude which scoring season do Torres have?? That your idea of season do not work the way your mind made it up

In 2012-13 he scored 20 goals and gave 15 assists.Not a bad return for a striker,which played more often than not the second fiddle for Falcao.This season he exploded as first striker upfront.

10 of those goals came away from the La Liga in Cup games. I'm not saying its a bad season, But it isn't world class. Lets be fair here, He only has had one top class season, and he is 25.

Not trying to be negative, Just don't see the point in jumping the gun and acting like all our problems are solved. I do think he'll do well here, But it's just a worry I have.

Sorry dude which scoring season do Torres have?? That your idea of season do not work the way your mind made it up

Can somebody translate this into English for me please?

10 of those goals came away from the La Liga in Cup games. I'm not saying its a bad season, But it isn't world class. Lets be fair here, He only has had one top class season, and he is 25.

Not trying to be negative, Just don't see the point in jumping the gun and acting like all our problems are solved. I do think he'll do well here, But it's just a worry I have.

Can somebody translate this into English for me please?

Cup games or not, 20 goals and 15 assists from out wide when you're not the focal point of the team counts as a great season for me.

Cup games or not, 20 goals and 15 assists from out wide when you're not the focal point of the team counts as a great season for me.

He and Falcao started up front together for Atletico in the 12/13 season. He wasn't out wide.

He and Falcao started up front together for Atletico in the 12/13 season. He wasn't out wide.

He definitely played out wide... To accommodate Falcao.

Any game I saw him in for Atletico that year was him playing up top with Falcao, only game that I can really remember is the Copa Del Rey final though.

Its besides the point anyway. In an ideal world I would have liked him to stay at Atletico for another year before we pay £32m for him. Obviously with our striker situation we need one for the new season. Lets hope he has a decent World Cup (Crazy decision to play for Spain by the way) and stays injury free.