Diego Costa

Spike

Hope he turns out good. But just saw this stat again

@WhoScored: Diego Costa: No player missed more clear-cut chances in Europe’s top 5 leagues last season than Costa (22)

there was a similar stat going around about cavani

Hope he turns out good. But just saw this stat again

@WhoScored: Diego Costa: No player missed more clear-cut chances in Europes top 5 leagues last season than Costa (22)

The worst statistic out there and why WhoScored are awful sometimes.

I remember when Schurrle had this exact one last year and people called him a poor finisher... Stupid stat.

Diego Costa was the most clinical striker in the top 5 European leagues last year, his shot to goal ratio is the best.

Still, it is just a number. Statistics are hardly responsible for how people choose to interpret them.

I am actually encouraged by those stats. If Costa can be one of the highest scoring strikers in Europe and still miss a boatload, does it not translate into him being phenomenal in finding spaces for himself?

He's had 2 good seasons..Drogba had one..

Not true about Drogba but Costa had one good season. He had 10 goals in 31 La Liga games the year before. He scored a bunch of goals against poor sides in the Spanish Cup and the Europa league though. It wasn't a bad season by any stretch of the imagination, but not the kind of numbers or performances that make you stand out at all.

Drogba actually played 2 years in League 1 (and 11 games the previous year). His first full year was good, better than Costa's year two seasons ago (1 goal every 2 games to 1 goal every 3 games). I wish people would keep repeating the same nonsense about Drogba. He finished 3rd in Ligue 1 in goals in back to back years. How is that one great season?

From watching him this season I wouldn't say he's a clinical finisher. He misses a lot of easy chances in some games, but then scores them for fun in another. He's more of a Drogba type finisher for me.

Not true about Drogba but Costa had one good season. He had 10 goals in 31 La Liga games the year before. He scored a bunch of goals against poor sides in the Spanish Cup and the Europa league though. It wasn't a bad season by any stretch of the imagination, but not the kind of numbers or performances that make you stand out at all.

Drogba actually played 2 years in League 1 (and 11 games the previous year). His first full year was good, better than Costa's year two seasons ago (1 goal every 2 games to 1 goal every 3 games). I wish people would keep repeating the same nonsense about Drogba. He finished 3rd in Ligue 1 in goals in back to back years. How is that one great season?

Agree about Drogba, but Costa 2 seasons ago played second fiddle to Falcao and I believe operated in a wider role more. This season playing as the main central striker has seen him truly breakout. I similarly agree that one great season is a risk but he's proven he can score goals in a top league and Europe.

I think when also considering the likes of lallana and shaw are being bandied about for £30m, this price is a risk well worth taking.

People giving credit to Rob fucking Beasley re: Costa - I can only assume they don't follow me.

This is exactly why this twitter user annoys the fuck out of me.

What's more worrying is how wound up people get over Twitter.

The most inevitable signing of the summer is nearly done. Yay.

Can see exactly where he fits in the team, can see exactly where he fits in with the manager's philosophy and can't wait to see him in the shirt....which might not be true of every transfer out there.