Diego Costa

Spike

OK signing I'd say. He certainly fits our system but I am a little wary of a player with one great season in a very striker-friendly team/league. There is risk here. His holdup play is also not great as he gives the ball away an absurd amount. (6.5 dispossessed and turnovers a game. Hazard led our team with 4.2 of those a game). Still, he is a legit striker who can score... (finally!!) and a definite major upgrade on what we have there. Bottom line is he makes our team better.

Said before and will say again....This is the horrible nasty bastard we need up front, and we have needed for some time now. This guy is a fucking brute, no nonsense out and out pest. Yes he has a nasty streak to him but that is exactly what we need following the signings of people like Torres, Eto'o and Ba. We need a line leader, someone who the ball can be tossed up to and know he can fetch others into play and deliver something from nothing when things might not be going our way.

This is a proper Mourinho type striker for me, he will know his role with immediate effect at this club within minutes of speaking with Jose. He's the type of striker that won't need an instruction on what to do come game day because he will just put himself about like nobodies business. I don't like to do comparisons with Didier because he was just a class apart, but this guy will be the nearest thing we will see to the great man in terms of bullish attitude, a cunt to play against and an out and out match winner on his own.

Diego Costa 19...........Let's have it!!

Before Didier..there was Mark Hughes who intimidated defenders by more than just skill...minus the sniper shot acting..before him there was David Speedie..

OK signing I'd say. He certainly fits our system but I am a little wary of a player with one great season in a very striker-friendly team/league. There is risk here. His holdup play is also not great as he gives the ball away an absurd amount. (6.5 dispossessed and turnovers a game. Hazard led our team with 4.2 of those a game). Still, he is a legit striker who can score... (finally!!) and a definite major upgrade on what we have there. Bottom line is he makes our team better.

He's had 2 good seasons..Drogba had one..two if you count guigamp or whatever the hell they called.