Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Michael Mancienne

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

230_b.jpg

Yesterday we did an article bemoaning the problems associated with youngsters breaking into the first team squad at Chelsea.

Today, the media are reporting that one of our promising youngsters, Michael Mancienne, a promising defender, is returning to Stamford Bridge after being on a season long loan at Loftus Road.

Mancienne, who has played for England at all levels up to and including U21, was believed to be the subject of a £750,000 bid from the Loftus Road outfit as they seek to purchase players they believe will see them mount a promotion challenge next season.

If the story is correct, there is no indication as to whether the decision to reject the move was made by Mancienne or by the club itself.

If anyone has any further information we`d be greatly appreciative!

Michael Mancienne has been informed he has a future with Chelsea.

Mancienne, who has had two successful loan spells at Queens Park Rangers, has been told he will be promoted to the Chelsea first-team squad and there may also be a place for striker Scott Sinclair, 19.

He will get 0 games in the first team next season we have 4 centre backs 3 right backs.

There is a lot to be gained from being with the first team every week and learning and maybe getting a few games on the bench and get a few run outs if need be (especially possible if the subs are increased). Also if any injuries occur then they can get a run out and also in some earlier cup games too.....

NO young player is going to be a first team regular straight away, they all will have to work their way in like young players do at every club.

Ferreira signed a new contract a few months ago. You could say "well contracts mean nothing these days", but why would we offer him a new one if we didn't want to keep him?
Good point. I'm pretty sure Belletti is the one to go then. He was probably an emergency RB for one saeson once we couldn't get a young solid RB (Dani Alves at that time, Bosingwa at the moment). I would be sad to see him leave, I like his playing style and his goals :D

may be a long contract means we could get more money for him, instead of him just buying out his contract..

Well that would be shady, and its a risk, because then we might just push away any suitors who might have otherwise paid us money for him.

Well that would be shady, and its a risk, because then we might just push away any suitors who might have otherwise paid us money for him.

Yup it's a massive risk to do that because you have a player tied down to a long contract and one that you don't want to keep. We wouldn't do it, it would only make sense if it was a player that we desperately wanted to keep and a lot of clubs were interested in.

Going back to Mancienne, i think i am right in saying that next season there will be 7 subs allowed in all games? Which means that the club can afford to use one of those spaces for a young player who can get valuable minutes in games if we are in control.

Yup it's a massive risk to do that because you have a player tied down to a long contract and one that you don't want to keep. We wouldn't do it, it would only make sense if it was a player that we desperately wanted to keep and a lot of clubs were interested in.

Going back to Mancienne, i think i am right in saying that next season there will be 7 subs allowed in all games? Which means that the club can afford to use one of those spaces for a young player who can get valuable minutes in games if we are in control.

That ruling will hopefully give young English players more of an opportunity to experience first-team action. It will also give the likes of Stoch and Mancienne a chance to prove themselves, it can only be a good thing for the game, after all teams are already allowed 7 in the CL.

That ruling will hopefully give young English players more of an opportunity to experience first-team action. It will also give the likes of Stoch and Mancienne a chance to prove themselves, it can only be a good thing for the game, after all teams are already allowed 7 in the CL.

It is a great idea because we for example can have a few young players in our squad and give them minutes when the oppertinity arrises. If we are winning comfortably there is no harm to bring on a young player. Hopefully it will used for that purpose because it is the perfect oppertunity.