Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

James Rodríguez

Followers 0

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madrid fan's really rate him.

http://www.managingmadrid.com/2016/12/19/14005150/james-rodriguez-transfer-rumours-chelsea-united-psg

In our 3-4-3 we don't rely on our three attackers running up and down the pitch quite so much, so I could defintely see him working on the right of our 3-4-3. Especially with Moses and Azpi behind him. 

To those disparaging James arguably unfairly, this one's for you.

James has largely been a "flop" in Madrid because Perez, as Football savy as he is... decided to purchase him without any truly justifiable grounds. Since BBC always plays in Madrid come hell or high water, James can't play in his best positions. There are some reasons that arguably come down to his attitude and work ethic, but that wasn't always a problem.

When Bale got injured in late 2014 and Ancelotti played a 4222 with James and Isco on the sides, James was imperial. I remember his pressing and tracking back was very energetic, committed, and intelligent in movement, and the way he found passing lanes and looked and moved to become a passing option to his team mates was incredible, along with his passing itself. He was playing as a right midfielder of sorts. 

During his first year, especially the first half, James was impeccable in the sense that he was playing at the top of his abilities. 

Now, he has no real dribbling abilities (but he can handle the ball very well and has good agility), his right foot is non existant (and thus his left foot is extra prodigious to compensate) and can't beat players per say (he's not slow), but other than that he's very capable and can play RAM, CAM, LAM all very well. With Ancelotti he even played in a 433 as a LM competently.

I suggest you look up his 14/15 matches against Atletico, Barcelona, Liverpool, Villareal, Granada for example to get a grip of how good he was everywhere. 

There's some quality crossing of the ball in this video Costa would have a field day with them crosses :D. His crossing reminded me of Beckham crosses to Brazilian Ronaldo for Real Madrid 

why some of you feel the fucking need to argue and complain about who Chelsea is looking to sign in transfer windows, you don't decide what or who Chelsea sign.

if you don't like who Chelsea signs then stop supporting my club.

we can't do shit, we don't make the decisions who Chelsea sign.

25 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

So Emenalo is Marina's bitch...good.

Still don't understand why people hate Emenalo that much? Is it because he called Mou "Individual" or what?

4 minutes ago, MefiX19 said:

Still don't understand why people hate Emenalo that much? Is it because he called Mou "Individual" or what?

It's because he truly has had too much say and power in regards to our transfer dealings in the past despite having no prior history showing he's capable. During this time, before our new lady negotiator moved in, we made some of the most bizarre deals we've made under Roman. That, compounded by the fact he simply is Roman's right-hand man (nobody can debate this unless they're new to supporting the club and unaware of the circumstances involved with bringing him into the fold), has meant he's been dragged into the firing line when everyone else is blaming the coaches, blaming the players, blaming the owner, but never blaming the man who acts as the middle-man between Coach & Owner. We for sure made some good signings with him involved, but we've made equally stupid ones and squandered great market opportunities. All coaches we've had, have claimed rightly so, that they are not a 'manager' here, and that is because he, Mr. Em, had been the one picking transfers and feeding Roman false-hopes which in turn have lead to us wasting loads of money and time. 

He's not here to do nothing, he obviously does something, and the main gripe is, what on earth role-wise do we have to offer him, that he'd be good at? What IS he doing? He's either wasting space/doing nothing, or he IS doing something, which puts fear into some of us, considering he's only ever coached a woman's team.

Think it's on. Money is there to be spent and do Chelsea have a real competition for his signature?

Mourinho seems to have finally found his starting eleven, or at least the front six (Herrera, Carrick, Pogba, Rooney, Mhikitarian, Ibrahimovic) after almost half a year in charge. Don't think he is going to disrupt that now by adding another attacking midfielder. Plus he has other on the bench, too. (Martial, Mata, Rashford, Lingard).

City? They have the money, but is there any rumour in the last days linking them to James? Can't seem to find any. No thread at Bluemoon either.

I'm gonna guess that this is yet another lazy media story. Remember when Pogba was spotted in London and was therefore surely signing for Chelsea? Or when Hulk was in a random private plane and everyone said "HE'S ON ABRAMOVICH'S PLANE!!!!1"

A Colombian player goes home to Colombia. Shocker.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

I'm gonna guess that this is yet another lazy media story. Remember when Pogba was spotted in London and was therefore surely signing for Chelsea? Or when Hulk was in a random private plane and everyone said "HE'S ON ABRAMOVICH'S PLANE!!!!1"

A Colombian player goes home to Colombia. Shocker.

Pretty sure the story is that he was photographed at the British Embassy. Not just in Columbia. 

People only use his World Cup and Ancelotti season to justify how good he is/was.That was almost 3 years ago. His demeanor has gone down the shitter. He would almost certainly demand the same wages as Hazard or Fabregas. 

It would only cause discord in the locker room. 

Let ManUnited spend over the odds for this guy. 

Think it's on. Money is there to be spent and do Chelsea have a real competition for his signature?
Mourinho seems to have finally found his starting eleven, or at least the front six (Herrera, Carrick, Pogba, Rooney, Mhikitarian, Ibrahimovic) after almost half a year in charge. Don't think he is going to disrupt that now by adding another attacking midfielder. Plus he has other on the bench, too. (Martial, Mata, Rashford, Lingard).
City? They have the money, but is there any rumour in the last days linking them to James? Can't seem to find any. No thread at Bluemoon either.

Because Bluemoon is as empty as the Etihad.
21 minutes ago, MefiX19 said:

Some of it has to do with him being a black man with power. He also helped kick the individual out and fronted up on Chelsea TV when all the other mugs went into hiding. The man is an absolute legend.

58 minutes ago, MefiX19 said:

I'm pretty sure Emenalo is not even involved in our transfers, it's Marina who is main boss when it comes to transfers

I agree. Isn't she the one who's behind the whole Oscar to China deal? 

If we can sign James with the Oscar money in January, that will be football manager levels of fuckery. We will have to tweak our system a bit. From a 3-4-3 to primarily a 3-4-2-1. That way, James and Hazard are two advanced playmakers behind Costa. It puts slightly more strain on our wingbacks but the attacking potential more than makes up for that. 

I like him. I rate James as a player. He will also be able to solve our current set-piece problem if Fabregas isn't playing. And also long range shooting. 

4 minutes ago, -Kaplan- said:

I agree. Isn't she the one who's behind the whole Oscar to China deal? 

What is 'being behind' the Oscar deal? A team came knocking with money, we opened the door and said 'Alright'. She isn't a mastermind. 

8 minutes ago, Styles said:

Some of it has to do with him being a black man with power. He also helped kick the individual out and fronted up on Chelsea TV when all the other mugs went into hiding. The man is an absolute legend.

Are those same people against Drogba & Ashley Cole?

I think that's a really bold claim to make. If it's true, throw up some of our supporter's names who fall into that category so they can be banned.

1 hour ago, MefiX19 said:

I'm pretty sure Emenalo is not even involved in our transfers, it's Marina who is main boss when it comes to transfers

Kante said that he spoke with Emenalo prior his move to Chelsea, so Michael is pretty much involved in transfers.

LINK: www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/little-big-man-ngolo-kante-interview-chelsea-vj70ld80b