Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

James Rodríguez

Followers 2

6 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

If there is one player that we could/should go after who can fit into Conte 11 has to be Naingollan or a similar player.  But looks like that is not happening. 

Matuidi seems available, also Joao Mario. I think its a bit strange Conte is OK with Matic in that B2B role, but we'll see.

About James, I think the best possible spot for him in Chelsea is the RW role, he's also a left footer. That would mean Hazard-Costa-James,
with Willian/Oscar/Cesc/Matic competing for the 2 roles infront of Kante. He could also play in midfield with Matic and Kante behind.

I doubt this will happen, would probably need the exit of Cesc/Oscar.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, nadavTKL said:

Matuidi seems available, also Joao Mario. I think its a bit strange Conte is OK with Matic in that B2B role, but we'll see.

About James, I think the best possible spot for him in Chelsea is the RW role, he's also a left footer. That would mean Hazard-Costa-James,
with Willian/Oscar/Cesc/Matic competing for the 2 roles infront of Kante. He could also play in midfield with Matic and Kante behind.

I doubt this will happen, would probably need the exit of Cesc/Oscar.

Matuidi yes ... very good alternative but not sure about Joao ... 

For James, I believe (from whatever i have seen) he lacks the work rate and that why he wouldnt be a fit in Conte's system which needs the high tempo for 90 mins in the middle and wide ... We will be playing high up the pitch and would need to cover back a lot when we dont have the ball. Maybe we played the traditional no10 James would be a good addition but Conte doesnt believe in a pure no 10. That's one of reason I feel someone like Oscar can actually revive his career under Conte IF he is serious about it.  

None of them wants Chelsea. Nainggolan literally (publicly ) begged Roma not to sell him to Chelsea and James said 2 years ago he wouldn't even look at Chelsea direction. I know Matic is absolutely useless in attack and as time goes by looking average as a DM, but currently Conte count on him. Who knows....

9 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

None of them wants Chelsea. Nainggolan literally (publicly ) begged Roma not to sell him to Chelsea and James said 2 years ago he wouldn't even look at Chelsea direction. I know Matic is absolutely useless in attack and as time goes by looking average as a DM, but currently Conte count on him. Who knows....

Come on, man!!! Offer them 200k plus wages and see them dance on one leg (most of the so call big mouths) ... Remember E'to what he mentioned, Rafa ... 

You know later on ... they can always say that there statement were used out of context!!! 

shock.gif  As per usual no 2 people can agree on a single polayer we have or even linked to. We wouldn't agree if the player was to come on a freebie and no wages!

We are dearly lacking creativity. Matic nor Oscar give us anything in offence. And IF Cescy is off then we are going to be fucked.

Chalobah offers us more going forwards than both and is a good tackler. Stick him n N'Golo in front of Cescy and sorted.

Rodriguez does offer creativity and seems to offer us more than 95% of our AMs going foraward. The only thing hes poor at is defending.

So if it was a choice between him n Lukaku right now I'd still go for Lukaku.

How about TRYING a part ex for Varane with Cescy? jawdrop%20shock.gif

23 hours ago, oldportblue said:

that's a good discussion actually: james or lukaku? xPetrCechx posted a quote a few pages where james claimed madrid received a 85M euro bid for him. That's more or less the 75M pounds everton want for lukaku... not sure who i would go for between these two: lukaku is younger and proven 15-20 goal scorer in PL whereas james has the potential to be a sanchez/hazard type talent if he plays his best

The way I see it, the biggest complaint fans have at the moment is Hazard doesn't have enough creative and world-class players around him to help his own attacking prowess. If we sign Rodriguez who I think everyone can say is just shy if not world class already, then we have a very strong trio in Costa; Hazard & Rodriguez. Willian will also slide into this offensive united and so it looks quite powerful. 

However I totally agree with @Gilvorak. Don't see him as a Conte player in this system. He's okay with Costa, Hazard and Willian staying forward and not have to do too much defensively due to that compact midfield of Kante, Matic and Oscar. If we sign Rodriguez you'd imagine he'd be placed in a CM role and would struggle in that sense.

If he's available, he should be our no.1 target.

I can't stress enough how important is to have someone besides Hazard. We've seen on Monday that with the right protection we can achieve defensive solidity even with Iva, Cahill and JT. But with basically just 4 players left to create, those 4 players should be elite in attacking sense.

If Conte couldn't fit James into this Chelsea side, he'd lose greatly in my eyes. But reality is that he could fit him w/o losing defensive solidity.

The most important thing is that James is not playing in Hazard position, therefore he fits here perfectly.

https://amp.twimg.com/v/2b25abe7-0dd4-46cf-bc8b-a02d37e8c3e3

They are running exclusive story about James. That there was a meeting in Madrid with Jose Angel Sanchez, general director of Real Madrid, Jorge Mendes, James's agent and unnamed director of English club. Zidane doesn't count on James and is prepared to sell him to raise cash for Alaba (the last part is my take, not in this story, but it's open secret that Alaba is no.1 target of Real). They were discussing all sorts of things including gross and net spending, basically taxes and additional costs attached.

Guys, if this club was Chelsea I will lose my shit. James at Chelsea. Now I probably won't sleep. Wouldn't anyway as I see men's shot put at the Olympics but that gets me excited.

5 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

https://amp.twimg.com/v/2b25abe7-0dd4-46cf-bc8b-a02d37e8c3e3

They are running exclusive story about James. That there was a meeting in Madrid with Jose Angel Sanchez, general director of Real Madrid, Jorge Mendes, James's agent and unnamed director of English club. Zidane doesn't count on James and is prepared to sell him to raise cash for Alaba (the last part is my take, not in this story, but it's open secret that Alaba is no.1 target of Real). They were discussing all sorts of things including gross and net spending, basically taxes and additional costs attached.

Guys, if this club was Chelsea I will lose my shit. James at Chelsea. Now I probably won't sleep. Wouldn't anyway as I see men's shot put at the Olympics but that gets me excited.

Had Daily Mail, The Sun, Daily Express, Mirror had a TV show together that would be the English equivalent of El Chiringuito de Jugones.

Isco has been able to reverse his situation at Real Madrid, James Rodriguez has not (via @fredhermel) #RMCF

There has been a summit in Real Madrid for James Rodriguez (via @NachoPuerta55) #RMCF

José Ángel Sanchez, Jorge Mendes & a Director of an English club gathered yesterday to discuss James Rodriguez (via @NachoPuerta55) #RMCF

If he leaves Real Madrid I got a feeling he'll end up at Arsenal. Would fit their team like a glove and there's enormous pressure by their fans on Wenger to spend some money. Mahrez was their primary AM target but he signed a new deal to stay at Leicester so next up James would be the logical solution. Won't be cheap but he'd improve their squad massively.

Hope I'm wrong, don't want to see him go there. Don't really know if he'd be good for Chelsea either though. 

3 hours ago, Jype said:

If he leaves Real Madrid I got a feeling he'll end up at Arsenal. Would fit their team like a glove and there's enormous pressure by their fans on Wenger to spend some money. Mahrez was their primary AM target but he signed a new deal to stay at Leicester so next up James would be the logical solution. Won't be cheap but he'd improve their squad massively.

Hope I'm wrong, don't want to see him go there. Don't really know if he'd be good for Chelsea either though. 

Don't see where he'd fit in at Arsenal at all, actually. Mahrez made sense because he's a natural wide player with pace. James plays in Özil's position. Buying a player for £60m or whatever and then playing him out of his natural position would be dumb.