Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Cesc before CL semi's 2012

I follow the Premier League every weekend, said Fabregas.

They have changed radically.

With Andre Villas-Boas they tried to have the ball a lot more, not play so many balls long and not seek out the second ball quite so much.

Theyve gone back to the type of Chelsea that was more successful. Playing on the counter, trying to hit the target man, sitting back and using that No9 as a reference point.

They are a very, very dangerous team. They are like motorbikes now. Faster, quicker to get the ball forward, get after it and cause problems.

""They are playing incredibly well; I think this is their best moment of the season.

In short, it was a compliment but, in noting their failure to adopt the sort of style Barcelona have perfected, also somewhat backhanded.

Yet the wider message to his team-mates was also clear: expect the same old Chelsea.

And, with only one win in eight seasons of visiting Stamford Bridge with Arsenal, Fabregas is more aware than most that this same old Chelsea represents a very formidable obstacle.

Indeed, in specifically referencing the similarities between the passing style of Arsenal and Barcelona, Fabregas was clearly warning against complacency.

In recent games, when weve played Chelsea when I was at Arsenal and now with Barcelona, even though we kept possession its hard, he said.

We would dominate the ball, create chances and then a counter-attack from Didier Drogba and goal.

"They have a super-fast counter-attack and it was a film that we saw again and again. It will be very hard against a great team.

Drogba was always the man who did most of the damage against Arsenal but, according to Fabregas, Chelsea will pose a very similar threat if they start with his Spain team-mate, Fernando Torres.

Fernandos a world-class striker, said Fabregas. They wont play together, Didier and Fernando.

"They have similar qualities and well be careful whoever plays.

Fabregas was equally candid and engaging in analysing his own development since leaving Arsenal last summer.

Ive learnt a lot tactically, personally, he said. I know my position on the pitch a lot me.

"Before I was free to do whatever on the pitch at Arsenal, and I wasnt tactically good.

I was playing wherever I wanted, up and down. Here I have to work much more for the team, individually, and think about the team tactically.

"Thats what Ive improved most. I feel more mature as a player now.

"Before I was going just up and down and was a bit lost in important moments because I wanted to do everything myself.

"Here my team-mates are more experienced than me and make me realise that you have to stay calm, patient and just do your job.

There was no direct criticism of Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger, a man he describes as the greatest person he has met in football, but the implication was still clear.

Put simply, it was that there was significantly less structure to the approach of Arsenal than that of Barcelona.

And there are clearly no regrets over leaving English football.

Its much better than I expected, I have played much more than I expected, he said. I came here to learn and to get better as a player and a person and to experience peaks like this.

"Its a pleasure to be playing in this team. Its the most important week of the season and to be able to experience something like this is a dream for me.

"Winning the Champions League is a challenge that I have set myself. I was very close a few years ago and I still have a thorn in my side so, for me, it is great dream and I would love it to be fulfilled in my first year at Barcelona.

I know there's some people worried about him not being passionate enough if he signs for us, but here's what I'm thinking.

Top players like him want to go down in history and be remembered at clubs and by the fans.

With Fabregas, I don't think Barcelona fans will remember him too fondly, and most Arsenal fans don't think he is a legend at all, especially not if he comes here.

So surely, we could be his last chance to properly make himself a hero at a club and play a big role in the team winning trophies?

Take Van Persie at United for example. Obviously he isn't a Legend there but he'll be remembered fondly by the fans now for winning them their 20th title, taking it back from their neighbours and their last title under Ferguson.

So if Fabregas does come here, I think he will show 100% commitment and give us his all.

http://www.marca.com/2014/06/06/en/football/barcelona/1402039222.html?cid=SMBOSO34503&s_kw=twitterCM

Cesc Fàbregas will play for Chelsea next season. The clubs have agreed on a fee of 33 million euros, plus extras for trophies won. The player will sign for four seasons and will earn 10 million a year before tax, three more than what he was on at Barça.

The main reason for Cesc Fàbregas to leave Barcelona is the lack of support he's had from the fans. The player has been booed on more than one occasion over the last two seasons, especially the one just gone. The player's camp have suggested he seek a change of scenery.

It has been difficult for him not to have his own position when he comes on. Every time he did he had to replace Xavi, Iniesta or even Messi. He has played randomly in all three positions but has never had continuity in any of them.

Cesc has chosen the British capital. But his wife has too, who is used to living there and has a large mansion in one of the smartest areas of London. It makes sense then that the player should be interested in Chelsea's offer ahead of any others.

Fàbregas is joining a team that has brought in a lot of good players. Chelsea have been the biggest mover in the market so far. Their signings indicate a team well placed to be fighting for all trophies.

http://www.marca.com/2014/06/06/en/football/barcelona/1402039222.html?cid=SMBOSO34503&s_kw=twitterCM

Cesc Fàbregas will play for Chelsea next season. The clubs have agreed on a fee of 33 million euros, plus extras for trophies won. The player will sign for four seasons and will earn 10 million a year before tax, three more than what he was on at Barça.

The main reason for Cesc Fàbregas to leave Barcelona is the lack of support he's had from the fans. The player has been booed on more than one occasion over the last two seasons, especially the one just gone. The player's camp have suggested he seek a change of scenery.

It has been difficult for him not to have his own position when he comes on. Every time he did he had to replace Xavi, Iniesta or even Messi. He has played randomly in all three positions but has never had continuity in any of them.

Cesc has chosen the British capital. But his wife has too, who is used to living there and has a large mansion in one of the smartest areas of London. It makes sense then that the player should be interested in Chelsea's offer ahead of any others.

Fàbregas is joining a team that has brought in a lot of good players. Chelsea have been the biggest mover in the market so far. Their signings indicate a team well placed to be fighting for all trophies.

Marca is a Madrid paper and not very realiable about Barca stuff. Dont think that we already have agreet a deal and 10 million seem a lot...

For those of you that read WAGNH, do you actually rate the opinions of Macaree and Schmidt? They come across as such smug know-it-alls. I was reading the Fabregas stories there ... put me in a rage.

Their love for David Luiz is a bit disturbing tbh.

You all misunderstood me. We should agree a deal with Fabregas and Barcelona but we shouldn't complete it before the World Cup.

So if he has a great tournament Arsenal can comeback and pay the clause, making us or Barcelona not being able to do anything? As long as it is not inks on paper or no official announcement, all words of agreement can be revoked as Willian shows.