Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

No, I've always thought he was poor with the good season being the exception. Sorry, mate, never been a fan and I don't think I'll ever be...

Just look this: http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#la_liga/2013/2014/francesc_f%C3%A1bregas/69/69/306/0/p|premier_league/2013/2014/ramires/64/64/443/0/p|premier_league/2013/2014/david_luiz/64/64/448/0/p|premier_league/2013/2014/frank_lampard/64/64/431/0/p|premier_league/2013/2014/john_obi_mikel/64/64/434/0/p#successful_passes/avg_pass_length/chances_created/clearances#90

Which I found in that Squawka article someone posted. How can we have a player whose average of successful passes is below 40. That's unacceptable imo even for a player in the pivot. He's a B2B, he can't pass so little. A DM yes, but a B2B no.

Possibly, but he can still have that form from 2011-12 in the right system. Give him some time before screaming for a sale of the guy. He is very valuable to this club and to Mou.

I just quoted that phrase ('deserve to wear the shirt') from another poster but fair enough I can see why you think it sounds spiteful. My point is simply that Ramires is not good enough to start for Chelsea.

Not to start, especially if Cesc comes, but he still has value and has a place on the squad.

Not surprised people are making Ramires the scapegoat. When things aren't great, his type of players (the non-sexy ones) are always the first to get criticized: Kuyt for Liverpool, Park for United etc.

I liked Park...

Not surprised people are making Ramires the scapegoat. When things aren't great, his type of players (the non-sexy ones) are always the first to get criticized: Kuyt for Liverpool, Park for United etc.

and what is non-sexy?

There are Chelsea fans on my Twitter that have known me before he was signed and who I've had long convos about my dislike for him.

I expect a DM to defend well, a CM to do both defensive work and transition and build up play well. He's a good tackler, but he's a terrible passer... and he isn't very smart when he has the ball and he has the odd day where he elbows the opponent and gets himself a 6-match ban.

There's no scapegoat situation because nobody is blaming him for anything we didn't attain this season, we're just calling for an upgrade. Anyone who doesn't want an upgrade from Ramires has questionable taste/view imo, although it's their entitled right to like him... It doesn't even take much to improve from him...

Possibly, but he can still have that form from 2011-12 in the right system. Give him some time before screaming for a sale of the guy. He is very valuable to this club and to Mou.

I don't need us to sell him, just for him to have the same role in the team Mikel had this season...

Actually it was more than just "one" moment, and not everyone has the memory of a goldfish.

I think its equally illogical to say that the player isn't fit to wear the shirt based of a string of recent performances,.... especially in a season where he hasn't had a decent run of consecutive matches to achieve any sort of consistency.

Are you seriously suggesting Ramires didn't get enough game time last season? Personally I thought he showed more than enough reasons as to why he isn't good enough to start for Chelsea, not that he isn't fit to wear the shirt which I admit is not the right wording.

Just look this: http://www.squawka.c...d/clearances#90 Which I found in that Squawka article someone posted. How can we have a player whose average of successful passes is below 40. That's unacceptable imo even for a player in the pivot. He's a B2B, he can't pass so little. A DM yes, but a B2B no.

Wow that's ridiculously poor. He doesn't even attempt any difficult passes!

I disagree. When he was playing well he was good enough, but after one bad season all of a sudden he's poor and isn't good enough to play for us?

Exactly but specific players who have also had bad seasons like Oscar are apparently still good enough? Its the same thing really. Just people are taking it out on Ramires and not Oscar. I've seen people in this thread criticize Ramires but I bet in the Oscar thread they are saying he needs to stay when others are saying he should be sold if we get a high bid and he will improve because he is a world class talent and whatever else etc.

I just quoted that phrase ('deserve to wear the shirt') from another poster but fair enough I can see why you think it sounds spiteful. My point is simply that Ramires is not good enough to start for Chelsea.

No I thought your point was Ramires didn't deserve to wear the shirt and he was living off one goal he scored and you've not given one response which explains how you think that. Instead you've gone on about how he'd be a good squad player now or that he doesn't create chances or whatever but you've not said why he doesn't deserve to wear the shirt or how hes been living off that goal when he hasn't.

and what is non-sexy?

There are Chelsea fans on my Twitter that have known me before he was signed and who I've had long convos about my dislike for him.

I expect a DM to defend well, a CM to do both defensive work and transition and build up play well. He's a good tackler, but he's a terrible passer... and he isn't very smart when he has the ball and he has the odd day where he elbows the opponent and gets himself a 6-match ban.

There's no scapegoat situation because nobody is blaming him for anything we didn't attain this season, we're just calling for an upgrade. Anyone who doesn't want an upgrade from Ramires has questionable taste/view imo, although it's their entitled right to like him... It doesn't even take much to improve from him...

We get it, you've never ever ever ever ever liked him, but he has value. He is a great asset, he can run all day and defend well and most importantly Mou likes him. I think he will regain form next season and have that 12 goal, 9 assist type season from 2012.

I don't need us to sell him, just for him to have the same role in the team Mikel had this season...

He can do more than Mikel. Rotation.

and he was living off one goal he scored and you've not given one response which explains how you think that.

Well perhaps it stems from the fact that whenever any criticism is hurled his way, fans like you automatically resort to:

I'd love to hear your version of how Chelsea won its first Champions League...

We get it, you've never ever ever ever ever liked him, but he has value. He is a great asset, he can run all day and defend well and most importantly Mou likes him. I think he will regain form next season and have that 12 goal, 9 assist type season from 2012.

I'm a Brazilian... I want my players to do more than simply run all day and defend well. They don't need to necessarily have flair, but they need to have quality.

I'm willing to bet one of my limbs Ramires will never even come close to have those stats in his Chelsea career in the future. And I do hope he becomes a bench warmer... although I doubt it'll happen. Mourinho does like him.

I'm a Brazilian... I want my players to do more than simply run all day and defend well.

Damn there is just no escaping Ramires for you, having to watch him for Chelsea and then Brazil as well lol! At least he won't start in the World Cup (at least I think he won't?)!

Well perhaps it stems from the fact that whenever any criticism is hurled his way, fans like you automatically resort to:

but its true, he was a vital part of that team, wasn't he? or did you not know that?

You don't concentrate on the past but you can't dismiss what a players done in his past. Hes done his fair share since arriving, hes a good player. Sure hes not world class but hes a good player and is worthy of a role at Chelsea.

I'm a Brazilian... I want my players to do more than simply run all day and defend well. They don't need to necessarily have flair, but they need to have quality.

I'm willing to bet one of my limbs Ramires will never even come close to have those stats in his Chelsea career in the future. And I do hope he becomes a bench warmer... although I doubt it'll happen. Mourinho does like him.

That's what our coach wants a lot of. And i like it too. We'll see, i for one, want him to do well. As i want for all of our players.

talk about over-reacting!!! mikel is going, so rambo is the new scapegoat for everything!!! never mind that oscar was as shit as rambo, but the sole reason for our "apparent" failure all lies on rambo!!! JUST :lol:

barca buying rakitic for 16mil pounds... what a bloody bargain. would have loved to see that guy here instead of him

Link from The Mail on Jose's comments

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2650029/Cesc-Fabregas-Chelsea-DONE-DEAL-according-Spain-team-mate-Gerard-Pique.html

From Marca

Barca yesterday received the formal offer in writing the English side, which specify that offers 33 million for Cesc, plus three variables in a function.